Do You Know Any Psychics?

Culchi

Guest river king

Still on topic I was reliably informed by my neighbours that candles attract spirits. Probably one of the reasons I dont night fish alone anymore with my tilley light blazing away in the middle of nowhere! I was also informed never to blow a candle out but to extinguish it with my fingers. I strongly suggest any non believers to have a private reading from a reputable spiritualist medium and have their eyes opened (or third eyes even).The spirit world is suppose to be able to mess with electricity. I was told to not mess with ouiji boards as they bring bad spirits as well as loved ones or even bad ones pretending to be loved ones. The wife doesnt go church anymore due to being heavily pregnant (number 4 for her,number 7 for me) I have to say I'm relieved The whole thing gives me the creeps now I've had my eyes opened.

R.K.

Guest dr rockster

Yeah,I've been to spiritualist meetings and was polite enough not to laugh my arse off till I got outside.

Candles attract spirits aw man! :headpain:

So your neighbour says it and thats being reliably informed is it?

Ouiji boards do nothing,its all done by the sitters.

21st century going on 700ad. :rofl:

Ouija boards are one of the most comical 'psychic' frauds. The modern ouija board was created as a novelty item, and a number of people (including Penn & Teller and James Randi - OK, Randi is an arse but his experiment was legitimate) have done experiments with so-called psychics using ouija boards, and guess what, when the 'psychic' is blindfolded suddenly the spirits appear unable to communicate using the board.....

Guest dr rockster

I did have one thing happen that gave me food for thought.

I was on holiday minding my own at the bar when this woman came over and sat and started chatting to me.

she got onto the fact she was a psychic healer or whatever,got me looking for the exit straight away

but then said I've got a ear problem.

This came out without ANY fishing on her part,I didnt give any clues like having to ask peeps to repeat what they said

as my hearing was fine.I just had an ear infection I was taking anti Bios for.

Lucky shot :rofl:

Can't say as I've ever been to a spiritualist meeting myself,so can't comment. The ouija board and tarot cards were introduced within the last couple of centuries as parlour games, as a form of entertainment. Maybe they do all tie into the coincidental and sub-conscious, a mind trick and nothing more. Magic is displayed these days as being nothing more than sleight of hand - they do it with mirrors sort of thing, but is it all like that? A friend of mine once stumbled across a black mass being held in a local forest a number of years ago - this was in an affluent, generally well educated part of the community btw, so why would well-off, well educated, upper middle-class men and women don black robes and gather in a forest chanting in Latin in the middle of the night? Just to kill a goat?

Guest river king
Yeah,I've been to spiritualist meetings and was polite enough not to laugh my arse off till I got outside.

Candles attract spirits aw man! :yep:

So your neighbour says it and thats being reliably informed is it?

Ouiji boards do nothing,its all done by the sitters.

21st century going on 700ad. :wink:

I didn't say go to a meeting Doc, I said have a private reading. I too have sneered at the meetings saying load of bollocks that or that could apply to anyone and similar. A private reading is totally different doc. When a complete stranger tells you things what are impossible to guess, then you perhaps you might change your mind. My neighbours are practicing mediums, healers and remote healers for the Greater Christian Spiritualist World so I would call that reliably informed to me as a layman.They use the candles to attract the spirits, its supposed to be like a beacon for them. I've never had a go on a ouiji board and to be honest I dont want a go of one but obviously it must be possible to fake. Not trying to convert anyone just passing on some of my experiences.

R.K.

Guest dr rockster
Can't say as I've ever been to a spiritualist meeting myself,so can't comment. The ouija board and tarot cards were introduced within the last couple of centuries as parlour games, as a form of entertainment. Maybe they do all tie into the coincidental and sub-conscious, a mind trick and nothing more. Magic is displayed these days as being nothing more than sleight of hand - they do it with mirrors sort of thing, but is it all like that? A friend of mine once stumbled across a black mass being held in a local forest a number of years ago - this was in an affluent, generally well educated part of the community btw, so why would well-off, well educated, upper middle-class men and women don black robes and gather in a forest chanting in Latin in the middle of the night? Just to kill a goat?

I know a guy into Chaos Magick(I sold him a human spinal column-don't ask! :rofl:)and that's as 'serious' a black magick philosphy as any but they cast spells and faff all happens.

Its for goths with attitude really and a lot of black magic is done for simply sexual reasons,sex often being part of the rights,especially homesexual acts as its a rite people can indulge without fear of a gay label.

Go see Penn and Tellers bullshit series and see twats from Salem who wear black and makeup (ooh scary!)

Its just a social club for rather sad people.

But there is serious stuff done occasionally,human sacrifices etc.

I saw a guy getting killed on camera with knives,its just murderous,nothing supernatural about it.

You've got African Muti(I think its called)that uses childrens body parts,very disturbing.

99% is totally harmless but the 1% is pretty sick.

Yeah - I remember the story about "Adam" - the torso of some young boy found in the Thames years back, smuggled into the country from Africa and ritually sacrificed, supposedly for some voodoo rites, which itself is practically a religion in some parts. Adam's was a sad and evil story, but I'm sure he's not the only one to have met such a gruesome fate, poor thing. :(

Sometimes, I can just turn my head at the clock and i always see the same pattern of numbers (like 2:12, 3:13) and I dont look at the clock before these times, I just know when to look to see these patterns, explain that one :spliff:

I get this one alot at work i'll just have this feeling and i then look at the clock and it's 12:34

Another example is one day i came into the office, was bored out my skull and was imagining what it'd be like to be a fireman in a blazing fire. (:ninja:)

15 mins later our work gets a call to say someones house is on fire..

This happens to me alot, people think i'm crazy and i have no idea what it all means but hey im just crazy and i love it!

Here's one I don't think anyone will believe but I'm gonna type it up anyway.

I get this thing about 2-3 times a year. It's similar to dejavous. Basically I will see something happen seconds before it happens. Then I can't speak or move until the series has played out. It's either like a shock thing, or I have to see if what I saw happens. I can remember exactly a few times this has happened and I remember it vividy. What I get is dejavous, but instead of seeing it as it happens I see it before it happens. Sometimes I see what's going to happen, or what someone is going to do. Then it takes between 3-10 seconds for it to happen. It happens exactly as I see it. I've tried and there's no way I can interfere with it. It's like it has to happen.

Like I said, it's a bit far fetched. It is even to me. I'm not gonna attempt to write up some unbelievable story and make myself seem stupid for the fun of it which is reason enough for people to not give me the grief I'll be waiting for when I hit add reply.

Honestly. I don't know what it is. I've never found anyone else who has had this and I haven't had it for a while. I've thought about it being a mental problem. I don't believe it's that. I've thought that maybe my mind isn't operating properly and its replaying what I see incorrectly or something. Who knows. Strange stuff though.

Another one. This time a friend. He gave his brother a tool one year. Something to fix a car it was. Triumph Stag was the car too. Anyway. That was somewhere in 1998ish when I was about 14. I remember it at the time. I was there when he came and got the tool. So, sat there in 2004 or so having a spliff with the same friend. He starts talking about how he needs this tool and he doesn't know where it is. I couldn't remember him lending it to his brother at the time. Anyway, a couple of hours pass, a few J's get smoked and there's a knock at the door. It was his brother with this tool in his hand. The exact tool my friend needed and the one he had lent to him all those years before. When asked why he had it he said "I thought you might need it". That was without him being called or told his brother needed it. Out of the blue after several years of that tool being in the garage. He turns up with it hours after his brother needed it.

Another one. My father doesn't believe any of this afterlife, paranormal, tinfoil hat wearing nutter type stuff (which is what he would describe it as). I had a coversation with him about it. He told me about my mother dragging him to some house for a reading. Being him he wasn't interested but my mum dominates so off he went. During said reading this woman who they had never met before took him through his childhood home room for room and described what was where, the lot. Apparently he didn't like it and he left pretty quickly after. I trust he wouldn't talk shit to me and I believe what he says. According to him this was proof of something he didn't believe was possible. Something he couldn't explain either and believes there was no way she could've known those things.

I've had some strange things happen when friends have died too. That could be mental too though. I got plenty more but I'll leave it at that I think.

• Like 2

Interesting folks - cheers for posting. Deja vu can be eerie, I know - I blamed it for causing panic attacks in the end, but when it was at its height, I couldn't do anything except try and break the sequence of events I knew was about to unfold, by either changing the subject very quickly, or leaving the room - spooky shit. Funnily enough I do the time sequence thing too - look at the time, it's 12.34 and 56 seconds, shit like that - weirdo alert, eh? :)

e2a: sorry, meant to ask a question about an old saying, "There's no such thing as coincidence" - does anyone believe, or strongly disbelieve, that?

Edited by Nettle-Grower
  • Like 1

I often suddenly look at the clock and its the same three numbers,and sometimes when I'm driving i'll look down at the speedo for

no reason,and the last three numbers will be 142,the number of the house I grew up in.This is my subliminal mind telling me it's seen

something interesting,it's proven that we all have this skill,probably left over from when we lived a wilder existence,and it was usefull

for survival.This phenomenom is exploited in many sneeky ways to fuck with your head,buy people who want you to buy something,

or buy those that wish to manipulate opinion and behaviour.

Cheers,Bob.

• 2 weeks later...
THERE'S NO SUCH THING MATE...

Ghosts are not real and nor is Santa.

Like there is no such thing as an afterlife, or God I suppose :blub: (which i believe in both)

I have not seen a ghost full on, but I have seen shadows/strange objects lurking in my peripheral vision. I see purple flashes of light almost every day.

Sometimes, I can just turn my head at the clock and i always see the same pattern of numbers (like 2:12, 3:13) and I dont look at the clock before these times, I just know when to look to see these patterns, explain that one :spliff:

ive been seeing 11.11 on clocks,bus tickets,reciepts,everywhere for years,even clocks out of time.started to spook me out,started thinking maybe thats the time or date im going to pop me clogs and im quite cynical about spiritualism et al.it was bugging me for ages and when i got my 1st pc apart from looking up 420 i also googled 11.11 and was suprised that a hole load of stuff came up on the subject,most sounds too far fetched for me but since i googled im seeind loads of different combinations now>12.12 13.13 etc.my child was born on a palendrome,these numbers are freaking me out-should mention i took way too much acid etc when was younger :spliff:

• 3 years later...

"You need to be open-minded and to be kind to people", silly cow lol

e2a quote marks

Edited by ratdog