Do You Know Any Psychics?

Culchi

A friend of mine recently invited a psychic to her home, who was then, apparently, quite accurate in saying her sooth. I've heard of other cases whereby people contact the dead, or read tealeaves, Tarot cards, or whatever. Just wondering if anyone has any personal experience themselves of psychics, or the paranormal in general ftm? (Another religion for the list Roger - paranormalism - weird shit). :wink:

Or are there any witches and/or warlocks amongst us? (I know - this thread's a load of warlocks NG ffs). :)

• Like 1

I have a freind who parctices healing magic very effectively. She can switch my back pains off qquite well sometimes. Which isn't bad considering she is working from about a hundred miles away. One day I was in agony, had told no-one. It suddenly lifted. 5 minutes later I get a phone call, "Is that better?" - oh yes, it surely was.

When visiting her house she asked me to stand wherever I chose in the garden. When I did so she smiled, and swept away the pebbles I was on to reveal her healing penty sign on the ground, I was standing smack in the middle. Ti which event there are witnesses :)

Mrs L has observed her maniplating my back skeleton/muscles visibly - from a distance of at least one foot above the skin, no contact. Psychic massage, I suppose.

As to witches etc, there are some here, they may shout out?

My sister is a Wiccan. But she isn't a member here.

• Like 2

i had tarot cards done when i was younger .at the time i was a dealer . i was told the rozzers were filming the comings and goings to the door . she even told me where to look to see the video equipment .....

lo and behold she was right as i looked where she told me to look .there was a single green flashing light of a video recorder in the empty flat just down the road from where i was living which i spotted with binoculars

saved me from jail thats for sure !!!!!

strange that a total stranger knew exactly what i was up to ... i didnt give her any hints etc etc

she just knew !!!

peppi :smoke:

Edited by Peppi
  • Like 1

See - that's what I mean - your examples, and others I've heard of, don't match up to the realms of physical possibility. Thanks for posting folks - you've restored my faith in the mystic. There does indeed, to me at least, seem to be forces at work at times, other than nature and human, something supernatural, though whether for good or ill remains to be seen. I may sound naive, insane, or whatever, but I do believe there are demons, and other manifestations, perhaps even psychic/magical sources (resources?) that some people are more sensitive to than others. Perhaps that's their Talent? :nuke:

• Like 2

Guest ironlungs

Nowadays, there is definitely a lot of ancient information hidden away or lost. Whatever disagrees with the school education curriculum, or the authorities, is put down to be folklore etc. This world is more mysterious than people want to believe, and belief in itself, is a very powerful entity.

• Like 1

Can't comment on the healing stuff, but psychics who read fortunes. Sorry, has nobody learned anything from Derren Brown ? :yep:

• Like 5

Can't comment on the healing stuff, but psychics who read fortunes. Sorry, has nobody learned anything from Derren Brown ? :yep:

Thank You.

Boojum, therees a difference between a good body language reader like Derren Brown for entertainment and a energy reader/healer.

Those with the gift/curse to help others, these people work because they can, no money, no entertainment factor,just an ancient ability to work with energy nothing more.

I have met so many fakes in many situations, tis no wonder the ones for real keep quiet.

edit for typos

Edited by maryjane
  • Like 2

It's not just about reading body language (in fact the whole fortune telling charade has little to do with body language), it's about the power of suggestion and understanding psychology. I could read anyone's fortune here, and if they believe in it they will genuinely think I have read their fortune, because I know the techniques involved. It's simple psychology, nothing psychic about it. As I said I can't comment on healing & that kind of thing (though I strongly suspect that has more than a little to do with the power of suggestion too).

• Like 3

That accounts for the vunerable people who seek guidance.

A Counsellor could do the same job.

I've seen to much to disbelieve the energy healing side of things.

I use chi energy to keep me going, that's real enough, the person that helped Arnold was an energy worker, as most healers are.

I talk to dead people, explain to me why I can do this.

• Like 2

i think we can all 'foresee' to some degree

the 'i ching' is a cracking starting place

if only to start to view elements & relationships from a new angle or in new combinations

& funnily enough once i start to think about stuff in a slightly different way instead of running through the same patterns, new stuff occurs to me

& these new insights are sometimes helpful

obviously there are other occaisions when i may think - a squirrel may need my help for me to help myself? & thats not much use but ... you know what i mean

MJ - the friend I was talking about, the woman she invited to her home, she talked to the dead too - she was able to talk to the girl's recently deceased grandmother and tell her things about herself and other stuff that she couldn't possibly have known otherwise. Normally I'm quite cynical, perhaps it's the agnostic in me, or I'm superstitious, or just plain stupid, but I can't help believing there are some phenomena that science cannot fully explain away, or at least not yet. Maybe one day they will explain away God, or maybe one day I'll spontaneously combust (anyone ever tried that before?), who knows? I know they've done tests to prove/disprove things like telepathy, telekenesis, etc and indeed much of it appears to be bunkum, but there does seem to be a few unsolveable mysteries left in the world yet.

• Like 1

THERE'S NO SUCH THING MATE...

Ghosts are not real and nor is Santa.

Why did you feel the need to SHOUT? Its really rather rude, and on a Theological forum it make it look like you wish to force your views on to others, which is again - rude.

Just because something lacks reality for you, does not mean it is universally unreal.

• Like 1