Prepping Your Patch.....

Bad Penny.

Gonna start me mother plants from seed very shortly, 5 Timewarp and another 5 bonkers. It will be my new years resolution to grow more weed.

starting prepping a few wks ago 10m x 30m this year,Cut all trees down and dug a trench all around the outside (new plot) Dug down 2 feet with a spade and mattock , Filled the hole with 3 tonnes of compost , then mixed in a chicken shed full of shit 10 barrows of rabbit poo and 10kg of lime , Was a lot of work but will pay of come october.... Will be starting seeds end of feb for end of may planting..... Good feelings this year

• Like 4

starting prepping a few wks ago 10m x 30m this year,Cut all trees down and dug a trench all around the outside (new plot) Dug down 2 feet with a spade and mattock , Filled the hole with 3 tonnes of compost , then mixed in a chicken shed full of shit 10 barrows of rabbit poo and 10kg of lime , Was a lot of work but will pay of come october.... Will be starting seeds end of feb for end of may planting..... Good feelings this year

:)

good luck mate :)

Good man F,though from the size of that plot I hope you didnt do it all by hand alone :) I started a week ago,will be out first thing in the morning mainly digging in fish and fish offal,I was carrying sacks of bat guano last week,as soon as I took them out of the storage bin all I could smell as ammonia,absolutely stinks,I will find my camera battery charger and take some pics in the morning if I charge the battery overnight :) And so it begins :wink:

Hi guy's i to have been busy,im doing garden grow ive dug down 2ft and bunged a load of garden compost in so far.My patch is 7ftx4ft unsure of strains yet doing homework on that.Well done to anyone who's put the hours in.TRENCH WARFARE!!!!!!

Guest Stickybud73

I usually pop down to my soil plot mid Jan, after the ATV/Quad bikes have had their fun. I'll gig it all over with some lime sprinkled, maybe widen the patch a little too. Pop back in early March with some FBB/Guano/ and rotted manure - I just fork this lot over. Come planting, I'll have the seedlings in plastic pint glases with holes drilled [5p each]. I'll dig a spade sized hole for some Plagron royalty mix to start things off, then my dug over soil will take the roots from there. All my other spots will be in homemade tubes and Plagron / guano added.

I will be seeds only this year, and none will be topped. I may take some clones for extra yield, but that will prolly take up too much time. I'm going for the quality over quantity approach. Don't need 3lbs of headache couchlock risking my liberty, I'd rather get busted with 10oz of extremely potent weed, than 3lbs of schwag. Better for the health and less jail time.

In 2010, I'm going White Island [kiwi], Frisian Dew [dp], Critical+ [dinafem], still waiting for Rox [paradise], and Easy Sativa [female seeds]. All fem beans, and all good reviews.

Happy growing all, lets make a new year resoluton to finish our diaries if we start one...

:)

I am still waiting for Rox,no sign of them anywhere as yet and no whispers on the grapevine,I wonder if we will see their return onto the market before the season begins? :)

will soon add to my plot... rock dust, chase seaweed meal, rock phosphate + soil from the base of a healthy oak tree and leaf litter from around bamboo (theres a jungle nearby) which contain excellent root friendly microbes. Will get some EM (effective microbes) purchased in a bottle or homemade lacto bacilli prep. The latter microbe preparations will help break up clay and add a nice tilth? this is what ive been told by somebody i respect... will experiment next season :realcool:

Lacto Bacilli

One of the major workhorse beneficial indigenous microorganism used in natural farming is lacto bacilli. This particular beneficial microorganism is popularly used in composting that specifically arrest foul odors associated with anaerobic decomposition. Lactic acid bacteria thrive and feed on the ammonia released in the decomposition normally associated with foul odors. So if you need to decompose or ferment wastes less foul odors, lactic acid bacteria is the specific bacteria to use. Its application in organic farming is enormous. In aquaculture, one of the problem is related to water quality. Poor water quality stresses the fish which in turn stunts their growth and affects their health. This is very evident specially on high density and tank aquaculture. The ammonia produced through fish excretions pollute the water and stress the fish. With regular addition of this beneficial microorganisms to the water, this ammonia problem is minimized, if not fully arrested. It helps hasten or complete the denitrification or converting wastes into forms not harmful to fish.

Spraying diluted solution of lactic acid bacteria serum to the plant and soil helps plant growth and makes them more healthy. As it is applied to the soil or the leaves, these beneficial bacteria aid in the decomposition process, thus allowing more food to be available and assimilated by the plant.

Lactic acid bacteria is also known to produce enzymes and natural antibiotics aiding effective digestion and has antibacterial properties, including control of salmonella and e. coli. To farmers, what are observed are the general health of the plants and animals, better nutrient assimilation, feed conversion and certain toxins eliminations.

Bamboo Microorganisms

Another method of gathering microorganism is through burying your container with cooked rice on bamboo plants litter. Apparently, bamboo through observation and experience in the East, attracts powerful beneficial microorganisms as the roots of the bamboo exude sugary substances that attract beneficial microorganisms. The same procedure is followed as described before in its culture.

Forest Beneficial Microorganisms

One technique in culturing other beneficial microorganism is getting them from your local aged forest. One way is finding a healthy old robust tree in your local forest. Check the humus litter around the tree. The tree should have accumulated real deep humus, litter, compost of at least 2 feet to 1 yard deep. In this area through observation, we can deduce that soil fertility and microbial biodiversity are high. Our goal is to trap and culture these diversed, aged beneficial indigenous microorganisms. The technique that we use in trapping these microorganisms is the use of carbohydrate like cooked rice. Microorganisms will be attracted to food. So generally, what we do is to put the cooked rice on a flatter container with lid. For example, you can use a plastic lunch box and add about an inch of cooked rice allowing air space in the container. What is important here is a larger area to trap those microorganisms. It is suggested that you cover this container with metal netting or equivalent protecting it from animals like rats that may undig your container once you bury it in the litter, humus of your local forest. In 2-10 days (relative to temperature), you may undig your container and will notice contamination of microorganisms like white and other color molds on the cooked rice. The cooked rice has been infected now with microorganisms of your local forest. The next step is to add 1/3 amount of crude sugar or molasses to the infected cooked rice. After a week, the concoction will look like sticky, liquidy rice. You may then add equal amount of crude sugar or molasses to keep it for storage, arresting microbial activities, in a cooler area. To use, you may dilute this serum with 20 parts water. This diluted form shall then serve as your basic forest microorganisms. You may strain it and put in a container.

Another version of trapping similar forest microorganisms is simply getting the litter, humus and spreading them sparingly to the top your cooked rice. Forest leaf molds can also be used. The same procedure will be followed as described in the culture of local forest microorganisms.

Edited by dpn
  • Like 2

I started about a week ago also, carrying 70 litre bags of compost and stashing them prior to digging

Iv also got plenty guano, rock and fresh, will put this down nearer to planting and flowering.

I'm going all out this year with trusty passion #1 and easy sativa

Best of luck to all :realcool:

ive been a lucky lad this year, been given/offered some wonderful freebies that will soon be recieved...

autowarp (timewarp clone only x auto indica?) early, nice sativa buzz, nice aromas

leb x cheese (some cheesey potent examples show there heads) early, mold resistant, stinky, frosty.

purple wreck (purple urkel x trainwreck) supposed to work wonders in the uk... potent, tasty and greasy.

nepalese jam (ace seeds) uplifting sativa high.

gg x congo (if released in time?)... congo x pre 1985 skunk will take its place instead

mighty durban (see above)

easy sativa?

auto ak47 x white widow clone only, supposed to be close to the grial outdoors.

:realcool:

started a couple off weeks ago . firsty off been clearing under groth and having a quick dig over just to see whot lies beneth . some sites will not need anything els doing till just befor planting out but some need a lot off work ! going to be using farm yard manure , fish blood and bone , rock dust , seaweed meal , ash from the log fire , and water crystls , coco coir blocks . alldepending on whot the soil needs

peace out farmer boy

Took me four hours this afternoon to prep a patch,the holes had already been augered,I just went over and added trout heads and waste weighing roughly 25kg,fish slime was dripping when I lifted the bags,all good stuff,houses are maybe 60-70 yards away from this patch so I used a manual auger instead of my old 2-stroke,one minus for a manual auger is the bit is only 6 inch diameter instead of my favoured 10 inch but I couldnt exactly fire up a petrol machine so close to habitation,anyway,as Sherlock would say,The games afoot,kick off is just round the corner,i have a good feeling about the forthcoming season lol