Change Your Rvk Extractor Bearings

bigbudburge

Hi,

can you please tell me how to put the bearing washers back to place? They don't seem to fit anymore after I changed the bearings(to exactly the same ones).

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Anyone know what bearings would go in a Ruck 125? I imagine it would follow a similar procedure of dismantling?, they look pretty similar

Cheers :stoned:

e2a. I've only had this fan about 7/8 months but, I live on a main road next to the sea and my windows are thick with dirt/sand once a week, does anyone know if this would cause the bearings to need changing sooner lol

Edited by WeedIsFree

Excellent thread and well worth resurrecting IMO! I've learnt something new :rofl:

It's also worth mentioning that it's a good idea to clean the fan blades while it's in pieces as dirty blades also contribute towards noisy airflow.

Damn! - I want to upgrade my bearings now, even though my fan's only been running for 8 weeks. :unsure:

• Like 1

Excellent thread and well worth resurrecting IMO! I've learnt something new :)

It's also worth mentioning that it's a good idea to clean the fan blades while it's in pieces as dirty blades also contribute towards noisy airflow.

Damn! - I want to upgrade my bearings now, even though my fan's only been running for 8 weeks. :)

Nice find dude......and to the original poster....ure a star!!

This soooo needs to be 'stickied or pinned' imo

Mor_

if you put in faster Bearings will the fan push more air ? Silly question maybe but from what i can rember from back in the day you used to beable to go faster with better bearings in

if you put in faster Bearings will the fan push more air ? Silly question maybe but from what i can rember from back in the day you used to beable to go faster with better bearings in

no

Excellent thread and well worth resurrecting IMO! I've learnt something new :)

Damn! - I want to upgrade my bearings now, even though my fan's only been running for 8 weeks. :D

Nice find dude......and to the original poster....ure a star!!

This soooo needs to be 'stickied or pinned' imo

Mor_

I didn't resurrect it myself, but I'll happily take all the credit.... :ninja:

Legend!!! Just had a look at my 6yr old RVK160 and looks like its a 150 with a 5 thats been coloured in to look like a 160!!! well im off to find me some decent bearings lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I ordered my bearings and dismantled my RVK 125mm but I think I've hit a dead-end. Maybe the design has changed since the OP.

Looks the same here:

post-43032-0-59201600-1300543826_thumb.jpg

New Bearings On Granules Lid For Scale:

post-43032-0-82843500-1300543873_thumb.jpg

Close-up Of 626Z & 608Z:

post-43032-0-48455400-1300543924_thumb.jpg

Sealed Unit, No Clip:

post-43032-0-61661000-1300544000_thumb.jpg

Is there any way to get this off without damaging the motor? Looks sealed to me. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

Right, thought I'd share my experience...

I had a closer look at BigBudBurge's piccies and managed to get the cover off he mentioned. Unfortunately I damaged it but probably not a big problem.

What is a big problem though, is that I broke the clip that holds the motor on the spindle. :unsure:

Also I mis-read the thread and didn't realise that each fan takes a pair of bearings of the same size.

Anyway, off I go to buy a new fan. Think it'll be a high-powered 125mm Ruck this time.

RVK Small Aluminium Cover Removed:

post-43032-0-51499000-1300548024_thumb.jpg

Broken Clip:

post-43032-0-38047600-1300548033_thumb.jpg

For future reference it would be great if someone had any tips on how to remove the cover and clip without damaging them!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

*Bump* such a good thread deserves one and may save some cash...

I'm in the process of changing mine over. it's an 8" and the numbers on the bearings are 6000z and 608z may be of help to others...

If people post the size of there bearings i can give them the code size :smoke:

HOW ya doing mate ,, so whats the code size for the bearrings on

an 8inch ruck :)

• 1 month later...

ay up rubbabudbud ..i hope you havn't thrown the fan away ,,screwfix and machine mart sell allsorted boxes of circlips.

Hi bbb, thanks for the tip to source the clips but it has been taken apart and the plastic recycled, motor taken down to my local recycling centre. New fan in it's place... :v: