Change Your Rvk Extractor Bearings

bigbudburge

once the clip is removed the first bearing is exposed and the motor housing will become loose ,remove the motor to expose the other bearing .

post-14677-1183404184_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

put back together in reverse order .i hope this helps a few people . sorry about the short and sweet notes but i'm dyslexic and find it hard 2 string a sentence 2gether

• Like 1

Hi after my last post i stripped my rvk 5inch fan and the bearings are smaller then the 6inch fan with(608)bearing

So i thought i'd post the size for 5 inch fan they are 626zz and got to strip 4inch to fan ther size probably the same :wink:

Edited by Say-Nowt

took about 25 mins to change the bearings , the bearings from the rvk 150 are 608zz's and if i remember from skating that they were in the cheap skates and in the next price range was abec 1 and then abec 3 n abec 5 ,7 and abec 9 being the dogs bollox,

all you do is

..remove the screws from the rim of the fan.

..pull the 2 halfs of the fan apart

..through the end of the opening on the motor side, remove the 4 screws that hold the motor.

..on the back of the motor is a metal cover,remove that with long nosed pliers

..remove the circlip and spring washers

..push the spindle through the first bearing

..remove bearing off the motor cover and the bearing on the spindle and replace with abec 5 ,7,9

..put back together in reverse order

if i remember rightly u can get abec 12's also for street luging though they wer actually illegal at skate parks i had those :doh: big mistake led to the ankle injury which is now my arthritic ankle! if u put thiose in though should be even quiter im guessing:unsure:

someone please hlp me in my thread its in the diy section

cheers

smokes

forget editing then cos i keep getin it all tits up

:doh: smokes

Edited by FARMER 5m0k3s

• 4 weeks later...

How do you measure the size diff. I took my RVK100 apart to put some abec 7's in and the abec's were too big. Does any1 know what size i need and where i can get that size. Any help appreciated!!

How do you measure the size diff. I took my RVK100 apart to put some abec 7's in and the abec's were too big. Does any1 know what size i need and where i can get that size. Any help appreciated!!

ther should b a number on the bearing ,that will b code for the bearing ,example 626 and 608 for the 125 mm fans

Guest scarface
hi

done mine some info

rvk 125 mm A1 ar 626 zz

rvk 125mm L1 ar 608 zz

any good bart?quieter?

great thread by the way topic srtarter :unsure:

shit, just put my fan back together, dont suppose any1 would have the size to hand

Edited by Jim_jim