Envirolights & Yields

StonedBrittania

My first grow of masterkush netted me 146 grams from 1 plant using 1 red and 2 blue 125 watt envirolites.

I only introduced the second blue 3 weeks or so into flowering. I vegged for a month and flowered for 11 weeks. I did a lot of L,S,Ting as well as i did not have a lot of growing space.

• 3 weeks later...
looks very nice to :yep:

tho must admit it looks a small amount of bud for 375w of light ;)

still nobody has come close to that 600w 20oz grow yet? :puke:

Hey guys looking forward to first grow under two 200w enviro blues one 125w blue & one 125w red total 650w of veg light once they go into flower i`ll change the two 200w blues for red, looking forward to good yeilds hopefully,. six skunk no1s on there way up keep you all up dated soon SURFA....... :)

Edited by surfarosa

The last few grows listed here are pro-rata what I'm getting from 250 watts of HPS (4 ounces) - so it seems to come down to lumens. I've always had that figure in my head - "250 watts of HPS = 400 watts of fluorescent" .. so you're all doing at least as well as I am.

It will be interesting to see what Blab gets from his 80 watts and start to draw a curve.

I'm also hoping eventually to be able to know if more lumens can make up for less space ...

Edited by compostverte

Guest friendly electrician
I'm also hoping eventually to be able to know if more lumens can make up for less space ...

indeed they do, upto about 70w per square foot of hid lumens. past 100w is daft. 50 is sweet. under 30s not worth it.

in terms of two 250s, just for you..

3 argos drobes were put back to back. 70cm wide, 40cm deep, with the backing boards used to space two appart to fit in a pair of aquatrays(propper gutters) holding 8 plants total. 70cm x 150 = 1 square meter. now thats what i call handy.

that ran a couple of years. he was bitching once about only getting 18, and generally got 22-24 and a max of 28

he then had a couple of 400s from me. did the grow on 250s still, but bloomed on 400s. that ran for a year or so, and produced around 32-34 and only once he claimed a kilo.

now he does 2sq meters under a pair of 6s and expects 24 per meter. back where he started :rofl:. 600s maybe more efficient, but a pair of 250s are as good as there mounted lower and nothing is far from a lamp.

number crunching shows the results are consistant.

this survey has been usefull. it shows that with flo's you need twice as many plants/double the area. (i wouldn't risk it)

I've always had that figure in my head - "250 watts of HPS = 400 watts of fluorescent" .. so you're all doing at least as well as I am.

You have to remember the 425 watts of envirolite is in real life only 315 watts of fluorescent bulbs. A figure a LOT closer to your lil 250w HID :unsure:

Edited by Fat Freddy

There is that :spliff:

And I always consider my 250s as 300s for energy use calculations.

I really ought to hang an accurate power meter off my 12 year old lamps to see what they're chucking out and consuming ...

I wish I had the space to do some side by side grows ...

Edited by compostverte

indeed they do, upto about 70w per square foot of hid lumens. past 100w is daft. 50 is sweet. under 30s not worth it.

I'm running 100 watts PSF by accident (dint ??) of the dimensions of the only space I have to grow in. I would love a cupboard twice as deep ...

... that said, I never run it with the doors closed so the plants get maybe an extra square foot with the white melamine doors ajar.

it shows that with flo's you need twice as many plants/double the area. (i wouldn't risk it)

Twice the area, half the height ... maybe the Spectrum Reflex lights are viable then .. I still reckon fluorescents are better for lettuce ... though Blab's microgrow looks amazing.

Edited by compostverte

Guest Blabblabberbab

You can't beat Flouro's for stealth :) no doors ajar, less heat per watt than HID (IMHO :) ) BUT less lumens = less bud :rofl:

• 1 year later...

Doing a small grow in a 60x60x140 tent. I vegged for four weeks under a single 250W Blue. Now into the second week of flower and have added 2x250W Red and 1x125W red for a total of 875W Envirolite power. Just wanted to say that temperatures really are fine, these Enviro's seem to give off much, much less heat than HPS.

I'll post back with results come harvest time.

Guest ynwa

vegged under 200w blue - flowered under 250w red - gonna be chopping 4 plants in next 2weeks.

ill post my yield here once dry but remember its my 1st grow so could of gone wrong along the way that may effect total outcome. but every lil helps rite !!!

• 1 month later...

Just finished my first Envirolite grow using mainly 1x250W Blue and 1x250W Red in a small 2ftx2ftx4ft grow tent (DR60).

Total yield was 262g(9.3 Ounzes).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Just finished my first Envirolite grow using mainly 1x250W Blue and 1x250W Red in a small 2ftx2ftx4ft grow tent (DR60).

how many plants ?

its great when people post up the answer to the original question - yields. rather than reverting back to the hps vs enviro argument.

• Like 1

how many plants ?

its great when people post up the answer to the original question - yields. rather than reverting back to the hps vs enviro argument.

Not as much how many plants but more are your scales working and maybe trying weighing after you have dried it properly for a real result.

P.s just so you know i am not talking shit check out lerrynboy's diary then have a look at mine ... And you still think that amount he has is 9.3 oz think again.

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?show...409&hl=djay

Edited by djay

240W flouro tubes gave me 6.5 ounces, which is 184.27 grams.

equals 0.77 grams per watt.

I had to train the tops close to the tubes daily though