Envirolights & Yields

StonedBrittania

It all depends what you wish to do (you appear to know what you want) but the endless stream of people claiming that enviros (self-ballasted FFS!) are in any way 'environmentally friendly' is becoming more than a little tiresome.
Agreed, but so are the ridiculous claims in the other direction.
I'm not having a go at you as a grower or your results but you are not growing as well as you think you are. If (when) you switch to equivalent wattage HID lighting your yield will increase enormously. Been there done that trying to teach people not to waste their money :yinyang:

However I see from a previous post of yours that you seem incapable of understanding that people have used both and have an opinion based on experience so I'll stop here and stick you on ignore. Seems best all around I think? :rofl:

Feel free dude, I switched to this from a 250W HPS and have enjoyed happier plants due to less heat stress as you would have found if you actually bothered to read my posts - so ya might as well have had me on ignore anyhows. If you also bothered to read you'd have found that I'm planning on switching back once I can arrange to be able to - a matter of a few hundred quid that I don't have, though a nice cold winter might make it all easier. But I guess you didn't read that either.

So aye, feel free. Can't imagine it'll make much difference. Enjoy the victory :yep:

post-6552-1163189124_thumb.jpgpost-6552-1163189095_thumb.jpg Ah, what was the question? Yields from enviros? Around 70 grammes of cured bud from 200w in a small, little space.

Happy enough. :yinyang:

post-6552-1163189264_thumb.jpg

Good job! comperable to mine although I do mine perpetual, we get about 7 grams dried bud from each plant and can have 12 plants in our space :rofl:

Couple of webcam shots taken earlier, these were two of many and lots of littler buds, aurora indica grown under 200w of enviro/cfl's, shame the quality of the pics is lame :yep: maybe santa will be good to me in that dept :yinyang:

post-10897-1163183690_thumb.jpgpost-10897-1163183719_thumb.jpg

Just said to the missus I hope santa brings me a Kodak C310 4MP Digital Camera :rofl::rofl:

post-6552-1163192036_thumb.jpg

Good job! comperable to mine although I do mine perpetual, we get about 7 grams dried bud from each plant and can have 12 plants in our space

Nice one, "perpetual" sounds good :yinyang:

The enviros are o.k., right now, a small space next to the window is just fine, low maintainance it is, just a few minutes here and there.

post-6552-1163192336_thumb.jpg

The strain is B52, cloned and tied back to give 3/4 short colas, veg 7-8, or was it 9-10 weeks, slow grown under 110w fluoro, then under 200w enviro for "about" 8 weeks flower.

Pictures show buds at about 4 weeks.

Just said to the missus I hope santa brings me a Kodak C310 4MP Digital Camera :):)

im quite sure you can get a nice sony cybershot T5 for under £100, its 5.1mp with a good video mode. nice macro[closeup] mode

T5-silber.jpg

7.2mp sony p200 is cheap now too. brilliant camera

1071955.jpg

Please note: i am not a salesman for sony, i work in a chicken factory part time.

Edited by Lord Saines

I only mentioned that one cos it was £79.99 down to £59.99 , I think the missus was going to pay most of it and have her sis pay the rest :)

Hmm.. I used 4 envirolights (2x Red and 2xBlue) all - 125w - giving me 500w's in all..

I got 0.8oz, 1.2oz and 1oz off each plant (dry weight) - so 3oz in all.. first grow too... made a few mistakes that dropped the weight too..

Main reason I picked Envirolights was the heat, didnt want to worry about leaving a hot bulb when I when away for the weekend or night :wassnnme:

• 3 weeks later...

next year I'm going to do a comparison grow, 600w HPS v 650w enviro both from the same clones.

should be interesting.. :notworthy:

it will be :wassnnme: but quite predictable I think.

The HPS will win by a long way imo :headpain:

• 2 weeks later...

it will be :yep: but quite predictable I think.

The HPS will win by a long way imo lol

Definately - comparing wattages is silly - compare the lumen output.

next year I'm going to do a comparison grow, 600w HPS v 650w enviro both from the same clones.

should be interesting.. :wink:

Great idea,If you want to make the most of your enviro/cfl grow use a bit of LST as i believe this will be the best way to use enviro/cfl's as they haven't got the power to send the lumens over a great distance.

If you have them hanging as you would a HPS/MH i don't think much will happen and the result's wouldn't ring true,Your plant will still grow but not as well as it could.

Keeep the enviro/cfls as close as possible and you will see some lush growth and won't be dissapointed if everything else is hunky dory i.e air exchange/feed/temps etc.

Maybe a kindly techy type can tell you how to make sure the HPS & CFL's are evenly matched regarding amps/lumens/watts as it seems to be a bit more complex than just matching watts :wacko:

Any electronic engineers in the house :starwars:

Best of luck with your experiment and if you want any assistance give us a holler as i have been looking at all kinds of lighting and the pro's and con's of them all and have amassed too much info :nerd: .

I ain't no expert dude but i have read an awful lot since seeing all the hullabaloo that happens when CFL's are mentioned on here :headpain: and can maybe bounce a few ideas your way that 'll be helpful in getting the most from your Enviro/Cfl's set up.

I think the first decision after finding out how much CFL you need would be to decide which will be the best combination of CFL's to use ie 2 red 1 blue etc or there are the new purple's that are out giving a mixed spectrum.

As with HPS and MH rather than have 1 200w cfl have 2 x 125 cfls as you can get a better spread of light and more Lumens for your ££s

I found out the other day that you can get remote ballasted CFL's,I'm still looking into them so don't know too much info on them yet apart from them being even more efficient ;) and they sound like a good choice compared to the inbuilt ballast type.

You could also do a project using both types in one grow :guitar:

Ideally if you want an increase in quality and yield use Enviros/Cfl's as supplemental lighting alongside a HPS.

Or Supplement the CFL,s with a HPS :wassnnme:;)

Apparently the Enviro/cfl's add the bits of the spectrum that the HPS is lacking in.

I posted a bit of info in lighting section that i found ;)

All the very best with it all :cheers: I look forward to it :smoke:

G.A.T.I B)

• 2 months later...

Hi

Just finished my first ever grow. I decided to use enviros due to height restrictions. I also thought i'd try scrog to keep everything low but use six plants instead of one to speed it up (a sort of SCROG / SOG combination).

6 Hempstar grown from seed.

Veg Time

38 days

Flower Time

52 days

Lights

2 * 200w blue for veg, 2 * 200w red for flowering

Twin Reflector

Grow space

6ft x 1.5ft x 3ft high

SCROG Screen Size

4.5ft x 1.5ft

NFT 424 Hydro

RVK 100 exhaust with 2 passive intakes

Yield

5.5 oz ( bone dry ! dried it too quick by accident :yinyang: )

Very happy with results of enviros and the smoke is some of the best i've had !!

:stoned:

• 3 weeks later...

3 shark shocks grown from seed..vegged 8 weeks..flowered 60 days..

Drobe is 5fthigh/3ftwide/1 1/2ftdeep..vegged under 1 125wt blue and 1 200wt red envirolites..flowered under 2 200wt enviros....vented into chimney flu passive intakes and a vent axial fan for beefing up stems..leave door open when lights are on..grown in 7ltr square pots with soil..nutes..bat guano..bio-bizz grow..seaweed extract..and blackstrap molasses..

Dry weight..100gms.. :smug: