Envirolights & Yields

StonedBrittania

I've got a 200 watt envirolite plus 2 cfls @ 20 watts each all red spectrum.

my growspace is 15" x 30" with 3ft height.

my ventilation consists of 3 x 120mm PC fans : 1 drawing air in, one blowing air out and one that I move around to stir the air up inside.

In this space I have 8 plants in 3 litre square pots and I run a rotational system where each week (or there abouts) I harvest one plant and put a new one in, I veg my plants for a minimum of 5 weeks and can harvest anywhere between half and one ounce per plant, my biggest ever harvest with this setup was a little under 40 grams and I suppose the average is somewhere around 20 grams per plant .

I think I can improve this with a little tweaking.

it's also worth noting my veg space isn't the best, it's very cramped and has a combined total of 34watts of lighting.

• 2 weeks later...

First harvest,More to come :doh:

Click above for details :rofl:

G.A.T.I B)

looks very nice to :doh:

tho must admit it looks a small amount of bud for 375w of light lol

still nobody has come close to that 600w 20oz grow yet? :yinyang:

Edited by StonedBrittania

looks very nice to :yep:

tho must admit it looks a small amount of bud for 375w of light ;)

still nobody has come close to that 600w 20oz grow yet? :guitar:

Thankyou SB, :(

I will be taking the second harvest soon and reckon on getting at least another 60g of it :smoke:

Dont think it's too bad for one plant,Could of been more if i put another plant in there but wanted to keep it simple and learn how to grow first before getting carried away ;)

Jarred the first lot last night and me and Bimjob have 1.8 oz of sticky buds each so far from it.

It will lose a bit more weight through curing but honestly the last smoke i had that was anywhere near this was the Nevilles Haze i had in the dam last month at the Tweede Kamer.

The quality is there so it ain't all bad :yep:

Ticked all the boxes so far,Quality smoke and a strong healthy plant to regenerate then hopefully loads of mass babies for the 600w HPS Micro grow. :yep:

Keep watching there will be some interesting grows going on in the near future. :smoke:

G.A.T.I B)

Well i'm gonna put the cat amongst the pigeons now and argue about the efficiency of enviros, True they use less electricity than a hps. BUT when you consider that you yourself are putting the same amount of time and effort as someone using a 400wt hps but only getting less than half the returns. Meaning a person using enviros would need to do 2 grows and twice the work and twice the electricity consumption to achieve anything close to a hps user. So in this respect i would only advise using enviros as a cheap first step on the ladder to growing.

Sorry if this upsets anybody as its not my intention.

:med:

Well i'm gonna put the cat amongst the pigeons now and argue about the efficiency of enviros, True they use less electricity than a hps. BUT when you consider that you yourself are putting the same amount of time and effort as someone using a 400wt hps but only getting less than half the returns. Meaning a person using enviros would need to do 2 grows and twice the work and twice the electricity consumption to achieve anything close to a hps user. So in this respect i would only advise using enviros as a cheap first step on the ladder to growing.

:headpain:

lots of members have been saying this for a long time :yinyang:

tho this thread aint the place for it :yinyang:

more enviro yields please :yinyang:

;)

No worries herman :)

We should have around 4 oz of excellent bud after the second harvest so this has more than paid for itself and i have done what i wanted.

Learnt to grow some nice plants and got a nice little set up that can easily be upgraded.

This has cost less than 1/2 of what 4oz of weed would cost to buy off a dealer.

The dealer has been dumped :fish:

Oh and now i have a strong mother plant in the making that will produce a lot of babies :yahoo:

Then the 600w Hps comes down to play. ;)

All the best :yinyang:

G.A.T.I B)

:wassnnme:

how about those with stealth requirements that mean no big growrooms or ventilation?

anyhows

lady #1 a week and a few days ago...

post-6503-1163178703_thumb.jpg

lady #2 just yesterday...

post-6503-1163178776_thumb.jpg

and that main cola from lady #2 - yummy :wassnnme:

post-6503-1163178861_thumb.jpg

first load is pretty much dry now but untrimmed/measured as I've lost my little scales. Still loads of it left though and been smoking off it for the last 5 days or so

it's very strong :wassnnme: but not the best tasting - a slight crackling sound makes me think I should have flushed it before harvest but it's still damn good and there's loads

maybe not as much as i'd get with an HPS but enough - which is the point :shock: weights to come when I find the scales

Guest Not A Number

how about those with stealth requirements that mean no big growrooms or ventilation?

How small would you like? I have had two council workers in the same room as my grow for 2 days. They didn't notice. That was WW at 48 days flower in a 0.5 x 0.5 x 1.5m box under a 250W HPS. Yes I must have been insane and no I really don't know what the hell I was thinking about at the time :rofl:

As I keep saying "Enviros work. They don't work as efficiently as HPS"

Anyone who wishes to claim they do is a snake oil salesman and will probably mention PAR ;) When they do it is helpful to point out that 'enviros' are pretty much nothing more than fluorescent tubes made in the same factory as most of the office fluoros you see. In other words there is NOTHING special about them. There are a couple that are out of the ordinary in the light they appear to emit but yet again where is the independent test results?

HID is proven technology. Fluorescent is proven technology. "Envirolites" are nothing more than compact high-power fluorescent lamps. Yes just like your 'energy saving' lightbulbs. Nothing more, nothing less.

No magic.

Apologies SBB but I think you mods need a FAQ entry based on both science and experience. Either that or we re-run this every week :(

As I keep saying "Enviros work. They don't work as efficiently as HPS"
And noone's contested that so who are you arguing with? Noone's claimed any magic or anything

Simply stating that they do work ok for those of us who need them seems to bring out all the nutcases who insist on shouting them down no matter what. Do people misread the posts as saying "i'm getting 3x HPS yield" or summat?

As it goes I've got a crop I'm very happy with considering my stealth requirements - job done :rofl: That's all folks.

Well done on your workers not noticing. I got away with my 250w'er too, but only just and I'd rather it never got that close again, hence the shift until Phase 2.

Couple of webcam shots taken earlier, these were two of many and lots of littler buds, aurora indica grown under 200w of enviro/cfl's, shame the quality of the pics is lame :med: maybe santa will be good to me in that dept :smoke:

post-10897-1163183690_thumb.jpgpost-10897-1163183719_thumb.jpg

Edited by steevo

Guest Not A Number

and that main cola from lady #2 - yummy :laser:

post-6503-1163178861_thumb.jpg

first load is pretty much dry now but untrimmed/measured as I've lost my little scales. Still loads of it left though and been smoking off it for the last 5 days or so

it's very strong :alien: but not the best tasting - a slight crackling sound makes me think I should have flushed it before harvest but it's still damn good and there's loads

maybe not as much as i'd get with an HPS but enough - which is the point :wacko: weights to come when I find the scales

Thats a nice looking bit of bud.

I don't want to rain on your parade but the previous two photos are pretty much airbuds as far as I'm concerned and would go into bubblebags.

I (unlike some) have grown with both HID and 'enviros' and I'll tell you what I do now shall I? I try to be as energy efficient as possible and with my consumption (1-2oz per month) I feel that HID is the more efficient by perhaps 30-40% in yield. That is with C&C ballasts but if the digitals are 'safe' now then really no contest at all.

It all depends what you wish to do (you appear to know what you want) but the endless stream of people claiming that enviros (self-ballasted FFS!) are in any way 'environmentally friendly' is becoming more than a little tiresome.

I'm not having a go at you as a grower or your results but you are not growing as well as you think you are. If (when) you switch to equivalent wattage HID lighting your yield will increase enormously. Been there done that trying to teach people not to waste their money :yinyang:

However I see from a previous post of yours that you seem incapable of understanding that people have used both and have an opinion based on experience so I'll stop here and stick you on ignore. Seems best all around I think? :spliff: