Envirolights & Yields

StonedBrittania

Hi all,

After a lot of discussion of Envirolights over the past few weeks, I thought it would be useful to find out what yields our members are getting with this sort of lighting?

Now I know it can be hard to measure as you may have staggered harvests but, obviously the amount of light and space are the main factors, also veg time is quite important.

So if you could state your average dry yield, Watts of lights (state red or blue), size of growspace, veg time and any other important factors such as your intake and outake fans.

Lets not turn this into the next HPSvEnviro debate please, I think we all want to know to answer to this question.

Cheers

SB

Edited by StonedBrittania

Guest Blabblabberbab

4 1/2' Square footprint - 2 x 125W (1 red 1 blue - just blue for veg) and a few 20W Cfl's - 3 plants about 4 oz dry if everything goes to plan.(which it never feckin does :) )

last succesfull grow - 3 1/2 ish dry off 2 plants MK and Maz. veg time 6 weeks from seed, 8 weeks flower.

taking fuck-ups into account about 3 oz dry is the usual. Not that much - but in it's favour my 'drobe is silent, smell free and fits snugly behind my kitchen door - dosn't interrupt everyday life in anyway and is non-smoker girlfriend friendly ;) herein lies the trade off ;)

;) B

n.b. latest grow.... http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?show...69215&st=50

see what i mean about the fuck ups! :wassnnme:

Edited by Blabblabberbab

4 1/2' Square footprint - 2 x 125W (1 red 1 blue - just blue for veg) and a few 20W Cfl's - 3 plants about 4 oz dry if everything goes to plan.(which it never feckin does :wassnnme: )

last succesfull grow - 3 1/2 ish dry off 2 plants MK and Maz. veg time 6 weeks from seed, 8 weeks flower.

taking fuck-ups into account about 3 oz dry is the usual. Not that much - but in it's favour my 'drobe is silent, smell free and fits snugly behind my kitchen door - dosn't interrupt everyday life in anyway and is non-smoker girlfriend friendly ;) herein lies the trade off ;)

:) B

cheers Blab ;) sounds like pretty decent results to me. ;)

non smoker girlfriend frendly...ha ha...too true :wassnnme::);) , seeing as my one runs the flat here....same shit here mate. dont you get no smell???ive about 2 weeks left on my first lowryder enviro grow and there seems to be no smell too...only the earthy plant smell at the mo..

Guest Not A Number

400W of enviros yielded 4 ounces dried (and cured) bud. I started with one 200W, found it wasn't enough and got another for the last 4 weeks flower. I could do a hell of a lot better now I reckon but I only keep them for emergencies (like this summer's heatwave). If I had to recommend a way of growing with enviros it'd be a vertical scrog. That would yield the most per watt I think but the work involved is too much for me :yinyang: Even just having your plantpots arranged in a circle around the lamp(s) and turning them daily would be an improvement I reckon. If you did try this then I think I'd be inclined to mount the E40 connector at the base to allow ballast heat to escape.

The canopy is the problem for enviro users generally, hence the vertical suggestion.

Edit - these were 200W remote ballasted lamps. This IS important for enviro users to know as the self-ballasted ones have a Power Factor (PF) of 0.7. The remote ballasted ones have a PF of 0.97 which makes them 25% more efficient. The result is pretty much 25% more lumens from the lamp (or 25% less power used and the smae lumens, there's a lot of different "enviros" out there). Google on "power factor correction" if you want more knowledge on why this is so.

Edited by Not A Number

400W of enviros yielded 4 ounces dried (and cured) bud. I started with one 200W, found it wasn't enough and got another for the last 4 weeks flower. I could do a hell of a lot better now I reckon but I only keep them for emergencies (like this summer's heatwave). If I had to recommend a way of growing with enviros it'd be a vertical scrog. That would yield the most per watt I think but the work involved is too much for me ;) Even just having your plantpots arranged in a circle around the lamp(s) and turning them daily would be an improvement I reckon. If you did try this then I think I'd be inclined to mount the E40 connector at the base to allow ballast heat to escape.

hi, what your grow space and veg time please? :)

• Like 1

try e bay for triple and quad canopies . ive got the triple octagonal with double venting at top. only problem is i liked it so much i put a 600 hps in the middle fitting :yinyang:

post-14558-1161989965_thumb.jpg

Guest Not A Number

hi, what your grow space and veg time please? :)

<consults diary - a paper one chaps :rofl: >

It was 2 sq ft or thereabouts (damn close to 2). Veg was 4 weeks in a home-made NFT 'thing' built for the cabinet at the time. The NFT worked fine it just wasn't very robust ;) Effective growing height was 40 inches.

It required a hell of a lot of work to get four ounces - lots and lots of small buds to deal with. I'm not going to turn this into HPS vs enviro but a lot of those buds were ones that usually fill out a bit more on HPS when you scrog. It may well have been me but I don't know. :wassnnme:

Knowing what I now do I'd go vertical. Messing around with canopies when you have lamps that put out 15k lumens (200W remote ballast) is not the best plan in the world especially when the tubes are wrapped around each other so to speak.

A couple of cooltubes mounted vertically with a fan at the bottom, 2 x 125W and a vertical scrog of perhaps 1 to 1.5 metres would do very nicely. It would require some serious work on scrogging though.

Edit - actually it wouldn't. Train the plants up the netting around the cooltubes then flip the switch. A fan at the bottom with some duct at the top equals really cool lamps so just let the plant grow around the cooltube. Done right you wouldn't need mylar or reflectors ;)

Edited by Not A Number

At the moment in my flowering cupboard I have,

1 x 125w red envirolite

3x 20w cfl's (red)

1x 11w cfl (blue)

I have 12 square pots that are 6" square and 8" deep holding roughly 4litres of compost per pot, I grow perpetual and get a harvest every 3-4 weeks usually 3 plants per harvest.

Now from each plant I get around 7-8 grams of some of the best bud i've smoked in many many years! :rofl:

so heres the maths ^_^

196 watts divided by 12 plants = 16.3 watts per plant

if I get 7.5 grams off each plant which is pretty easy really and 3 plants per harvest thats 22.5 grams per 48.9 watts of light!!

round it up to 50 watts for ease of working out..

50 x .45 (grams per watt) = bang on 22.5 grams

So I happily get .45 grams DRY per watt from my cfl and enviro combo B)

All my lights have internal ballasts, I can upload some pics if needed although they wouldn't be of much detail because it's a webcam :wassnnme:

I believe that those gram/watt figures may be a bit optimistic - mainly because you've worked out the watts exactly, allowing nothing for inefficiencies. I believe that self-ballasted flouros have a power factor correction of only 0.7 which means that they're really quite a lot less efficient that one would think just looking at the basic numbers. :spliff:

Actually, doesn't that make enviros look better ?

(sorry for butting in, but I like to be even-handed ;) )

Edited by compostverte
  • Like 1

I believe that those gram/watt figures may be a bit optimistic - mainly because you've worked out the watts exactly, allowing nothing for inefficiencies. I believe that self-ballasted flouros have a power factor correction of only 0.7 which means that they're really quite a lot less efficient that one would think just looking at the basic numbers. ;)

optimistic huh?

lookie here... http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?show...pid=737226&

;)

I always aim to get a slightly better harvest each batch, sometimes I do sometimes I don't, it's swings and roundabouts really.

I don't think anyone can specifically say you will get 0.4321 guarantted grams per watt, that's too much to ask really, my .45 grams per watt was what I got on the last dried batch, considering the lumen drop in the light after x amount of weeks and many other variables, perhaps if the original question included specific parameters ie, new light or how old? or what power factor?

I get fantastic buds with lights that are i'm assuming the lower power factor.

my .45 gpw is just a general figure with probably +/- .05 gram either way.

people say they get 1 gram per watt with hps, that makes me a very happy chappy with my around .45 gpw with enviros ^_^

ps the original question was : Envirolights & Yields, Whats yours?

I answered a simple question and get intrinsic inefficiencies? eh! stick to the topic ta ;)

Edited by steevo