Light Keeps Killing Timers

Paul Batchelor

Hi everyone having a couple of problems. We are soon to flower me Mazar but we seem to have a problem we are using a 250w H.I.D and it has already claimed the lives of two cheap Argos mechanical timers and funds don't stretch very far at the moment so i was wondering what timers do you guys use with your 250 watters?. I've heard that the Argos digital timers are able to work with a 250 but would like to hear some opinions. Thanks

• Like 1

I use a arogo digital timer on my 400w they are ten quid for two you cant miss them & say they can take up to 1000w i think :soap:

But yeah that will do the job mate , hope that helps :yahoo:

Hi everyone having a couple of problems. We are soon to flower me Mazar but we seem to have a problem we are using a 250w H.I.D and it has already claimed the lives of two cheap Argos mechanical timers and funds don't stretch very far at the moment so i was wondering what timers do you guys use with your 250 watters?. I've heard that the Argos digital timers are able to work with a 250 but would like to hear some opinions. Thanks

You need a heavy duty relay.. Try Here

Pickle :yahoo:

I got my 600w plugged into to one of those argos digi timers, no contactor! Works a treat fer me and plenty of others round ere.

:nea:

Not just me then with my 400w started to worry then :soap:

:yahoo:

I got my 600w plugged into to one of those argos digi timers, no contactor! Works a treat fer me and plenty of others round ere.

Just be a matter of time then mate. Fingers crossed it doesn't end in a fire.

• Like 2

Argghhh!!!

Sick of saying it, buy a contactor and have peace of mind that your timer won`t jam and spoil your grow or even worse start a fire in your house...

It makes sense you must see it! :yahoo:

Edited by MDP
  • Like 3

IMO anyone who doesn't use a contactor relay for anything over 150w deserves everything they get... including your house burned down!

Sorry to be so sharp, but a person who grows without one, especially using HID lamps risks at the very least, a frozen timer & at the worst... a fire which could take you, your family & your neighbours house up in flames!

I believe you shouldn't be able to even BUY an HID lamp without the question 'have you got a contactor relay' being asked

sorry to bang on about this, but it really is poor form when you try & save a few quid by not buying one & then moan when you have bought a few packs of timers & probably spent more on replacements than the price of the ruddy contactor

Let's put it another way...

As growers of our precious herb in our own homes, I say we have a responsibility to others around us by taking as many precautions as we can. We may be breaking a stupid prohibition law, but FFS people neglegence shouldn't come into it!!

dikki

Edited to add:

Could this be pinned?

It's a common enough question that NEEDS addressing by ALL growers

Edited by dikki
  • Like 10

Well put Dikki

Always baffled me how people will risk their house and loved ones for the sake of price.

What price do you put on the safety of your loved ones? If you think £60 - £80 is too much then you shouldn't be growing.

Like I said, it's only a matter of time. Please, please stop me from reading the following headline in the local papers: "Tragedy struck at the weekend when....."

Get a contactor!!

• Like 1

Thanks TR

Let's put it another way....

Nearly everyone has some sort of household insurance, do you really think they'll pay out due to a bit of faulty wiring in a growroom?

I think not!

dikki