Amaretto Tarmac & Terp & Tonic & Tropical Zmoothie

The Villan

Just a quickie, the new led lights are performing well. Gave them a bit of BB rootjuice yesterday.

large.TerpTonic-8.jpg.b812740b106660aa4b45bf63c279d398.jpg

• Like 6

Can’t really tell from the angle,

are they staying relatively squat?

Those lights seem to be doing a great job 👍

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

Am a bit twatted on the edibles at the moment :) They seem to be vigorous in the leaf area and staying pretty squat in the stems. Will probably look totally different tomorrow :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Shumroom actually m8 they are holding their own as far as stretch is concerned. Looking quite squat in these old eyes :)

large.2.jpg.d759cbb4dd65712a197794cb4d784aef.jpglarge.3.jpg.e42a81d237bc979cd2b218281c9a3e64.jpglarge.1.jpg.0d61e755de1b5397b8629dc6a3b9df98.jpg

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Little update :)

Girls are looking as if they like the lights. How long do you reckon I have to wait to put the Ultra Par + back on for them ? It did state on the description of them that they were suitable for vegging etc, seedlings yes I understand the need for no red in the spectrum but are they ready for it yet ?

I was looking for the details on the lights again but since I have come back home and since the upgrade, some of my stored favourites no longer work. @Shumroom do you still have the link to the specs for the par ultra + 320 SL  :)

Well on with the pics from tonight.

ps if theres anything that looks not right let me know :)

large_10.jpg.945ef2114e3a72ef3dac20f0eb8856f1.jpglarge_11.jpg.e76a24b4611579aa67c539eceab07e81.jpglarge_13.jpg.b7c8b2847c259c3cb132ccf204ada2cd.jpg

Edited by The Villan
  • Like 6

They’re looking good 🐉

No I’m afraid I don’t have a note of those specifications.

Best places to look would be in the dial a duck section,

perhaps even from @Exhale’s last diary 👁️‍🗨️

I would reckon that the plants will be good with a fuller spectrum when you pot them up :) 

Atb

☯️

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Needed to get the humidity up a little. Seed tray with a wet dishcloth is raising it slightly. :) Been looking at the Govee humidifier that @Larry Badgeley is using. Looks pretty neat.

Is the VPD within reason ? not sure what it should be.

large_21.jpg.a41be66b00bf086ac83daa72b3211809.jpg     large_20.jpg.8940beac38c5acfbf2bb107095288d63.jpg

Edited by The Villan
  • Like 3

@The Villan you still running 24/0? 20/4 or 18/6 and no extraction during lights off helps regain humidity or even turn your extraction off if its running.

Am on 18/6 @sweettooth.

Extraction is on but just enough to give negative pressure for the passive intake. I shall yry knocking it down a tad more.

Thanks for popping in.

• Like 1

I'll be dipping in more, I'm growing the AT and TP, just started week 3 flower, lovely looking plants, the AT is getting a bit purple already, wish I got the other

• Like 2

On 11/04/2024 at 20:46, sweettooth said:

I'll be dipping in more, I'm growing the AT and TP, just started week 3 flower, lovely looking plants, the AT is getting a bit purple already, wish I got the other

I just had a look @sweettooth they look really really nice.... heres hoping mine look as good.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thes pics were taken a couple of nights ago. Just before lights on.

Checked out the rootage and decided time for a pot up. Will get some pics tonight after the pot up, oh and after I have watched the Villa :)

Just reading one of @Larry Badgeley posts and after a few pm's with him have decided to purchase one of the govee humidifiers. I am struggling to get RH past 47% so am biting the bullet to give the girls a better environment.

Potted up into 3ltr pots with a a sprinkling of OT'S granules and a watered in with 1.5ml per ltr of BioBiz root juice.

Have powered up the Ultras now so lets see how they look tonight.

large.30-2.jpg.e00c1a69e155894f4fd188d93b55a356.jpg

large.31-2.jpg.3e72d4a68523ec3543205acc27325523.jpg

Edited by The Villan
  • Like 7

@The Villan

The humidifier does take a bit if tinkering Vill. Sometimes inside the tent does feel like Thailand on a hot and humid day. I have it set on 1 (low) and sometimes turn on the extraction. This sends the RH to about 45 so I turn it off. Then the temp inside the tent rockets to 93f.

The whole thing has driven me to a few glasses of red in the evening I can tell you.

Currently as I type it's 29c and 65% RH with a VPD of 1.47 which is bang on. I turned off one of my tube heaters off and opened the Velux in the loft.  I will close this when I tuck in. I removed my LED prop light and put in my 240w Pro Led (from dial a duck) to achieve a DLI of about 40 -50 which is about right for Veg.

However, my girls decided to do a floppsie on me a couple of days ago. Overwatered perhaps?? Not sure. Lights a bit strong? Again according to Brucee weed can take a lot of light so again not sure. Cold roots? Nah they are on a heat mat on cooling cake racks. Final fling is to repot. I have done this this arvo so fingers crossed they should start to look better.

Growing shouldn't be this taxing, should it?  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

@Larry Badgeley

Funnily enough Larry, when I was growing in a concrete out building I never really had any issues apart from the odd over watering :) It had 4 inch bathroom fan pulling in air from an uninsulated concrete building next door. A 4 inch ruck through a 5ins filter for ectraction and a heated blanket, that was it oh and of course a 600w hps :)

I didn't have a lot to do and was mainly running cuts and everything got a bit mundane, I did explain all this in my first LED diary but then the roof needed fixing and the repair job didnt work out so I moved into my loft with a bud box pro 1.2 x 1.2. I haven't stopped fiddling ever since haha :) But my first crop from an LED was sooooooooo much tastier and I actually increased my normal yield. I did once try an attic grow with a bigger home made room with 2 600 watters in, was a fuckin nightmare but still managed to fill the jars. I am a lot healthier, thank fuck two flights of stairs is a ball ache, but I am happy and I don't have to go out in the rain and cold every night. I open and close the velux every now and again but doesn't seem to do much. I don't grow from December till March so the extreme cold is a lot less to worry about. Can't say I am looking forward to the summer....well I am really, us growers love a challenge.

I am looking forward to playing with the humidifier, I spoke with Govee and they have verified that the temp hygro I have will work in harmony with the humidifier. Fingers crossed it isn't too much of a hassle setting it all up.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated

ps. I am tring to get away with a passive intake , I will be using the two round vents with some ducting in to hopefully give me enough fresh air. The exctractor is run off a G.A.S. controller so I have total control of the extraction rate.

Edited by The Villan
  • Like 5