Mephisto Strawberry Nuggets & Jammy Dodgers

mystic_roots

All on seedfinder website, although you're lucky you've got a purple one as they say they're about 1 in 10, you might change your mind when you have the first smoke of it lol  I'll keep tucking it and we can then probably compare what we pull off each one, be interesting to see if there's any difference. I'll also be intrigued to see what I can pull off the Jammy Dodger one too, but if it's not a great amount then it might be a smoke for special occasions or when I just need knocking out to sleep.

22 minutes ago, mystic_roots said:

All on seedfinder website, although you're lucky you've got a purple one as they say they're about 1 in 10, you might change your mind when you have the first smoke of it lol  I'll keep tucking it and we can then probably compare what we pull off each one, be interesting to see if there's any difference. I'll also be intrigued to see what I can pull off the Jammy Dodger one too, but if it's not a great amount then it might be a smoke for special occasions or when I just need knocking out to sleep.

ahaha yeah its not the first time ive run it though cause I had a 5 pack of purple nuggets, they didnt all make it but every one ive done so far is like 1-2oz plant max and I was getting 3-4 oz from other strains, the green and purple do smell very different currently, my experience with it was its very unique taste and sweet flavour but one of the less potent ones from mephisto, but then again that might just be my growing.

Edited by oldleafybeard1

I just double checked it cause I was confused, I think youve read it wrong they talk about the three distinct phenos of 24 carot regs with the pink being selected for exotic flavour and potency and they used the pink regs from that and strawberry kush to breed the strawberry nuggets autos.

But then they do go on to say 

From our testing strawberry nuggets has several phenotypes that have differing level of colours, you can get pure green through to subtle pink hues then further ranging to pinks and colouration bleeding into the flower leaves, and rarer still we have had pure purple phenotypes emerging at a rate of about 1 in 10. So if yours is pure purple you're damn lucky lol

We shall see, as long as I get maybe 2-3 jars from it I'll be happy, heck I'm just happy to be growing, I shouldn't be on this forum in winter time because I start to get the itch to grow and I always feel a bit guilty having to do it at my parents house

• Like 1

yeah I do feel lucky and it looks so sick I cant wait for it to be done tbh im also curious how your jammy dodgers turns out as well, you will defo fill 2-3 jars and I bet your jammy dodgers will do bigger yield cause the forum stomper plants ive done get thick and thats a parent right.

25 minutes ago, oldleafybeard1 said:

yeah I do feel lucky and it looks so sick I cant wait for it to be done tbh im also curious how your jammy dodgers turns out as well, you will defo fill 2-3 jars and I bet your jammy dodgers will do bigger yield cause the forum stomper plants ive done get thick and thats a parent right.

Yeah the picture on their webpage shows a massive bud, it's forum stomper crossed with strawberry nuggets, be a beast if I don't kill it lol 

Onto Day 29 now, neither plant seems to be drinking much at the moment, I've increased the feed to 1ml per liter of Grow and Foundation Roots so I'll see how they react. 

Strawberry nuggets is already putting out these small white specks, honestly don't know if that's it starting to flower because neither plant is that big although the strain behavior states that she starts to flower quite quickly. I'm hoping that as that start to transition to flowering they'll stretch a little more, but judging by the size of the plants it seems a little pointless to try scrogging them, I may just end up having to use cane's to support them if the buds get too heavy for the stem as they do produce fat buds, all part of the learning process, no 2 plants are ever the same.

Overall shot of the tent, still plenty of space for them to bush out

large.IMG_0604.jpeg.2a049fe0b96237fb9a2bc0df0043d70b.jpeg

Jammy Dodgers is going well, looks healthy and seems quite happy

large.IMG_0603.jpeg.d1f4b76449a7475b88949312e3e2b708.jpeg

Strawberry Nuggets, can see plenty of steams that should give some better buds rather than the 1 main cola and smaller popcorn, hoping it'll stretch more so I can lollipop under to provide air flow later on

large.IMG_0601.jpeg.e3f1bcf255c2218dd00b8cbb0af20846.jpeg

Close up of one of the bud sites

large.IMG_0602.jpeg.d7d0880dfd5d6544da7f4be7759a71f2.jpeg

• Like 3

you are right with the SN its gonna end up pretty small overall, if I do it again I will keep LST a minimium keep your main stem going though looks like it will end up with a fat cola if you get good flowers. Dunno about your JD cause I havnt run it before but im guessing it will be a shorter bushy plant as well it might take the lst better though and probably be bigger cause SN is just tiny compared to some. I will be chopping my SN soon its just put out the last wave of white hairs, the buds really swelled in the last 2 weeks so im keen to leave it as long as possible but ill post an update on my thread soon. Looking forwards to how yours turn out dude gl.

• Like 1

I'll be intrigued as to how the SN turns out, no more LST on them now and I reckon i've got a good 7 spots that should produce a good cola although I'm now wondering if I should switch to bloom nutes as it's flowering. Both plants have probably only been fed twice on foundation and grow so it's a bit of a surprise they're flowering already. Funnily enough as the JD is crossed with SN that's also starting to flower but has the same traits, not that tall but wide and chunky, again that's got a good 7 areas for big buds so we shall see but neither plant is drinking a lot but there is a hint of Strawberry smell when you pop your head in the tent lol I suppose I better lower the humidity too

Day 35 now and the Jammy Dodgers has started flowering so the feed for her was 0.5ml of foundation roots, 0.33ml Magnesium and 1ml Bloom. Both plants seems to have at least 6 sites for flowering, hoping they'll give some decent colas but I'm really having to watch them to see what they need as there aren't many fan leaf's for sucking out nutrients.

large.IMG_0618.jpeg.fb1ca88d884100e462040ccc61f1bde4.jpeg

Strawberry Nuggets is coming along nicely, she's also being fed 0.5ml foundation roots, 0.5ml Magnesium and topped her up to 2ml Bloom as I did have 1 fan leaf go yellow and drop off, that's usually the start of them showing they're hungry, but apart from that she's still looking healthy. I think as they progress I'll add in another circulation fan to get more air moving between the buds to try and prevent any mold from appearing.

large.IMG_0619.jpeg.27280f31211c6a757fd321e5b52406a1.jpeg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

Do you use heat mat?

No, although I have considered them. I’ve got 2 oil heaters either side where the intakes are to keep the temps up because autos do prefer being around the 28-30 range. But easier now the weathers warmed up

• Like 1

Onto day 41 now and both plants are fully into flowering mode. Both drinking around 1L per day and currently feeding them 3ml Bloom, 0.5ml Foundation roots and necessary magnesium to get the levels right. 

large.IMG_0640.jpeg.25a17224b1f2a2115bf71962e7459416.jpeg

Strawberry Nugget leafs are starting to glisten a little, I really should save these when it's time to trim, I'm sure I could find a use for them, seems a shame to waste them.

large.IMG_0642.jpeg.cd200e9eb5d711fba9b1ffebdb581905.jpeg

As daft as it may seem but I'm actually quite proud of how these are turning out, I've always suffered identifying things in the past 3/4 years but hopefully this is a sign I'm getting better at it 🤞

• Like 2

Two interesting strains you're growing, I love Strawberry tastings strains, and i like a jammy dodger now and then.

Good luck with the flower stages, they both are looking happy 👍

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

Hey looking good youd get away with chopping a fan or two if its going to get light to the lower sites its prob worth it, i Ive just chopped my SN the purple one was the biggest of the 2 but it did get a small patch of bud rot while drying so watch out for that if the colas get big, if yours goes like mine just expect the structure of the plant to stay small so give as much light as poss to the main heads u got imo. Gl!

• Like 1