Paradise seeds selling hermie prone seeds and actually putting it in the description!! wtf!

dan6

Really shocked to see this bollocks on Paradise Seeds website in the description for one of their newish strains called Gulupa. They seem to chucking out these new strains on an almost monthly basis now.

Why the fuck would they sell hermie prone seeds when they have so many other proven excellent strains? And who would actually buy them anyway 🤔

Dan

It is recommended to prune this plant after about 5 weeks of flowering and lollipop the lower branches, leaving about 30 cm stem from the base.*

*As with all exotic strains, the flipside of more potency and flavor is that plants can be more susceptible to hermaphroditism when stressed. For this reason keep a close eye for pollen sacks on lower branches and use the above lollipop technique to stop any issue developing.

• Haha 1

I mean, you'd be more shocked if you found nanners on week 5. Kudos to them for telling you not to risk buying their seeds I guess 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

well, they're not wrong in their commentary.  A lot of "exotics" are sister-fucked to death and herms are common.  So I suppose they're just being transparent.  It's got Gelato 33 in it, allegedly, so their commentary is in the ballpark. 

Maybe the juice is worth the squeeze.  Or maybe they're just super finnicky asshole genetics that aren't worth the effort.  Only one way to find out. 

• Like 9

Our latest hack from a hack from a hack bred with daddy box cubed sister elite keepers, is bred with another hack from a hack from a hack bred with daddy box cubed sister elite keeper in a small space indoors. 

Warning, these exotic and carefully selected plants may be lady boys. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

You pays your ££££   you takes your chances :thumsup:    

Each to their own ....and i would wager they STILL sell 'em and make a tidy profit too 👍      

One mans trash is another mans gold.   

Not for me thanks.    

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 1

Some weed is worth the hassle, not saying this is but I have had plants that displayed this trait of throwing low level ball sacks but nothing more and once you know to trim the legs its no bother.

I had a hack that came from a plant with late flower survivor nannas , despite the fact the offspring would sometimes do the same and even went full blown once of twice I still kept going back and growing some more till they no longer germinated, if a strain has rare qualities it can be worth taking a risk.

• Like 1

There's more and more people out there who are quite happy to put up with a few hermis if a hunt might find something special, bat shit crazy IMO but I guess Paradise have recognised that trend and wrongly or rightly are deciding to knowingly put out "unstable" genetics. 

Let's be honest though pretty much all the big names have done it multiple times, at least these guys are being up front about it. 

What does seem weird is the idea of giving a harsh lollipoping that late in flower on a plant you know can't handle stress???

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Cajafiesta said:

Maybe the juice is worth the squeeze.

Squeeze until its running down your leg

• WOW 1

At least they mention it, other site sponsors who are no longer around use to charge £100+ for hermie seeds and would call you all sorts of names and a liar if you suggested you even got a hermie from there seeds.

Some strain do have percentages of hermies, as long as its mentioned i don't see a problem. Just pick a non hermie keeper or not grow them if it's a problem

• Like 3

You wouldn’t get any of that with in my opinion one of the best crosses around in the uk at the moment.peace Goohfy.

Folks need to learn to vote with their wallet, there's no excuse for this the only reason they are getting away with it is because fools and their money are easily parted.

• Like 6

years ago one seed co used to tell customers  to  "just pick the balls off" 🤣

• Haha 5

I don't think we should be slating them for telling us, what about all those other genetics out there that are prone to it and the breeder didn't give you a heads up. Wish Karma would have mentioned my crumbled melons were likely to throw balls out and seed my crop :wanker:

• Like 6

I recently had a full blown male from a five pack (4 germinated) of Paradise Seeds Wappa. It's the first male I've ever come across from fem seeds but it's always a slight chance of it happening and that's no dig at Paradise. It seems that all of the breeder's including Paradise seem to feel the need to keep up with the latest strains to maintain a share of the market and sales. I personally think that instead of chasing others ideas and trying to replicate strains that breeders should remain individual and unique like times gone by. It's a bit like cars nowadays they are all more or less the same. The real problem with today's breeders is the fact that the hermie prone strains are bred into everything and the stable older more reliable strains are being bred out?? Go back to the start with the landrace vars and rebuild I say. Peace. 

• Like 7