First indoor grow, which strain?

SamCooked

On 19/02/2024 at 20:05, NormanNugget said:

@OldFord with zero real knowledge of strains, I’m very interested in some that you’d describe as spicy? I generally prefer more sativa leaning and would prefer a fem. Interested to hear what you think could fit the bill.

@SamCooked sorry to jump on your thread, I’m also on my first grow and just got some seeds in the dirt with my fingers crossed, so can’t really offer any advice!

Hi Norm, referring to your reply to Old Ford regards spicy, fem sativa then I think you'd really like Ace Seeds selection. I've grown their Zamaldelica x Kali China and its definitely one of the best strains I've done. It was unique. There was a spices, hash, almost roasted peanuts in one pheno. All three were slightly different in a nice way! The buzz is brilliant day time stuff, not too strong but uplifting and functional. I loved it and can't wait to do more. ACE do sativas which are possible to grow indoors and have a great range of hybrids too. I have a few to get through. All the best Norm. Peace. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Trashedagain77 said:

I'd suggest Wappa from Paradise Seeds

Thanks for the heads up, sounds interesting I'll add it too the list! I'm going to do some research reading diaries etc on all the strains that have been suggested 👍

5 hours ago, murphyblue said:

the 7" by RGS

Sounds good too thanks, will check it out. I've grown a couple rgs outdoors that did pretty well

On 22/02/2024 at 17:18, Trashedagain77 said:

Hi Norm, referring to your reply to Old Ford regards spicy, fem sativa then I think you'd really like Ace Seeds selection. I've grown their Zamaldelica x Kali China and its definitely one of the best strains I've done. It was unique. There was a spices, hash, almost roasted peanuts in one pheno. All three were slightly different in a nice way! The buzz is brilliant day time stuff, not too strong but uplifting and functional. I loved it and can't wait to do more. ACE do sativas which are possible to grow indoors and have a great range of hybrids too. I have a few to get through. All the best Norm. Peace. 

Good advice @Trashedagain77. Just cooking up some of Ace's Zamaldelica x Kali China in with their Malawi x PCK both Fems. ZxKC is relatively easy to grow, is vigorous, responds well to topping, has, good strong branching, "minimal stretch", and relatively short flowering time. Not expecting a massive yield cuz I took many clones.

• Thanks 1

On 24/02/2024 at 11:18, Mace_Windu said:

Good advice @Trashedagain77. Just cooking up some of Ace's Zamaldelica x Kali China in with their Malawi x PCK both Fems. ZxKC is relatively easy to grow, is vigorous, responds well to topping, has, good strong branching, "minimal stretch", and relatively short flowering time. Not expecting a massive yield cuz I took many clones.

Hi Mace, its good to hear that you are growing some Zam Kc your in for a treat! I've heard good things about the Malawi PCK too! I am going to be growing some Panama x PCK soon which I am excited about! I hope you enjoy your ZKC and you might be suprised with your yield as all three of mine were OK yield, not massive but respectable. All the best mate let me know how yours end up smoking. Peace. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Trashedagain77 said:

Hi Mace, its good to hear that you are growing some Zam Kc your in for a treat! I've heard good things about the Malawi PCK too! I am going to be growing some Panama x PCK soon which I am excited about! I hope you enjoy your ZKC and you might be suprised with your yield as all three of mine were OK yield, not massive but respectable. All the best mate let me know how yours end up smoking. Peace. 

Thanks for the heads up man @Trashedagain77 . Got another 6 wks for the ZxKC & 7wks for the MxPCK. Both looking very good so far. Big-up & Peace Mace.

• Thanks 1

On 18/02/2024 at 15:54, SamCooked said:

If you could go back in time and choose what plant to grow for your first indoor grow, which strain would you choose?

Afghani #1 in my opinion.

I grew a SS version circa 2004 (not a land-race these were seeds from a shop). Sturdy, short, fat buds, doesn't seem to mind cooler temperatures. I treated them badly and got good results.

A bit couch-lock though. You might even watch Eastenders! :smokin:

Edited by Lux_Interior
FuddleZ (cali)
  • Haha 4

Stick an Auto or two in whilst vegging a fem or two, thereby you've got some ganja after 8-12 weeks, fems well ready for flippng and a couple of months experience under your belt to boot, excuse the pair of clothing metaphors :)

Hey, do the fuck what you like and pay no heed to this grumpy old Jockistani. 

Have loadsa fun whatever you do. Peace!

Just because she looked so good a hunnert years ago an aw!!

large.french-vintage-postcards.jpeg.d1910ef2bbe58765fc091a52e26b9112.jpeg

• Like 1
  • WOW 1

8 hours ago, NotGoingGoa said:

Stick an Auto or two in whilst vegging a fem or two, thereby you've got some ganja after 8-12 weeks, fems well ready for flippng and a couple of months experience under your belt

Good advice, @NotGoingGoa if you've got the space. You'd probably want your autos on a 20 hrs on /4 hrs off light cycle.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mace_Windu said:
12 hours ago, NotGoingGoa said:

Good advice, @NotGoingGoa if you've got the space. You'd probably want your autos on a 20 hrs on /4 hrs off light cycle

Aye, indeed @Mace_Windu or 18/6 whichever floats the autos boats best. 20/4 seems to be fine but so is 18/6 and these days 14 hours of electricity usage a week is a fair amount of power over 8-12 weeks! But of course, I’m a Jockistani and we are, needless to say, renowned for our thriftiness!! :) Peace! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Something inexpensive and plentiful.  If it's your first grow indoors there's a fair chance you'll encounter some issues along the way.   I wouldn't go cracking some expensive, rare beans for the first go around.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, NotGoingGoa said:

Aye, indeed @Mace_Windu or 18/6 whichever floats the autos boats best. 20/4 seems to be fine but so is 18/6 and these days 14 hours of electricity usage a week is a fair amount of power over 8-12 weeks! But of course, I’m a Jockistani and we are, needless to say, renowned for our thriftiness!! :) Peace! 

@brock1 our local Auto breeding extraordinaire actually recommends flowering autos under 12/12, iirc he says it improves potency and makes them more comparable to photos in quality. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

@brock1 our local Auto breeding extraordinaire actually recommends flowering autos under 12/12, iirc he says it improves potency and makes them more comparable to photos in quality. 

Hey @MindSoupI've done Autos on 18/6, 20/4 & outdoors but never tried 12/12 from kick-off. Just wondering about the yield though 🤔. I'm sure my mate @NotGoingGoawould luv those extra leccy savings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MindSoup said:

actually recommends flowering autos under 12/12, iirc he says it improves potency and makes them more comparable to photos in quality. 

I’ve not tried this, BUT, my concern with it is that as they have such a short life, will they grow and yield to their full potential, even on 18/6 that’s 42 hours less light a week and potentially 21-28 days over the plants life cycle. As to potency of autos, nowadays they stand up to the best photos. I’ve just grown a couple of @Dutch Passion Cinderella Jacks, which they have had independently tested at well over 25% thc. Never mind independant testing, I can attest that it is as strong as fuck, about as potent as anything I’ve had over the past 50 years, including the “Mysterons” I grew over the summer in the garden, wish to fuck my mukka could remember what THEY were! Stoners, eh? :) 

Peace all. 

large.ACJ-most-potent-autoflower-average-results_1.webp.fb3cb07ead921abc9a6fb700952f306c.webp

Edited by NotGoingGoa
Can’t fucking type very on a phone. Can’t imagine that coming out anyone’s mouth 30+ years ago :)
  • Like 2

@Mace_Windu not 12/12 all the way through, just for flower. 

You up the light intensity like you would with photos, so you get the same DLI, just less hours of light. 

I've not tried it myself, but Brock is the most knowledgeable person I've come across when it comes to autos, been breading them since lowryder 1. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

just for flower. 

I think I will do this with my Orange Hazeberry Gum so I can flower the cut of my Cream Caramel at the same time and try again 🤞

• Like 3