First indoor grow, which strain?

SamCooked

Brocks  OHG fits the bill perfectly  ,  hard as nails  , very very forgiving ,  nice end product .

Currently OHG in Seeds For Subscibers  👍     

• Like 1

On 18/02/2024 at 18:11, OldFord said:

Wgat you looking for ?         Fem , auto ,  sativa / indica / hybrid /  fruity / spicy  ??

@OldFord with zero real knowledge of strains, I’m very interested in some that you’d describe as spicy? I generally prefer more sativa leaning and would prefer a fem. Interested to hear what you think could fit the bill.

@SamCooked sorry to jump on your thread, I’m also on my first grow and just got some seeds in the dirt with my fingers crossed, so can’t really offer any advice!

• Like 1

@NormanNugget      Sweet Seeds  Sweet Tai  -   a strain that is being dropped now , still stock about.

Sweets been rock soild for me  , not had a bad plant from countless runs.       

I highly encourage you to look at Subbies Seeds from our own Master  Brock1  -  his BSM / Joshua / Orange Hazeberry Gum  -  poss all in subbies  ,  he torture testes his beans / plants and they will handle lots of abuse /  pretty sat leaning  /   just wonderful plants.   

• Like 1

Thanks @OldFord

Sweet Tai sounds interesting, might have to try to get my hands on some before it disappears. I guess I could freeze the seeds for longer term storage?

I’m also looking at getting some subbies,

but I’m low on space so not sure how well I’d do with regs if I need to grow a bunch out to find the girls. 

• Like 1

@NormanNugget      I personally wont freeze seeds,   just put them in the fridge and they will last for years 👍

10yr old+ seeds still popping and producing good plants.     

Regs at this point i wouldnt bother ,  autos you have slightly less control  ,  fems will be ideal to let you get to grips with growing.

Sweet Tai is quite nice  , solid plants ,  just been about for quite some time and being dropped in favour of modern cake / cookie stuff. 

Brocks are classed as semi / fast ,   a few diaries of indoor OHG about .

• Like 2

@OldFord thanks for the advice. I’ve got mine in the fridge in a thermos type thing so should stay pretty stable 👍🏻

Waiting for payday then I may well snaffle some Sweet Tai!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. Tempted by white widow and blue dream as they seem to be recommended a lot for new growers...and who doesn't love a bit of blueberry.

@OldFord that OHG sounds interesting though, I've looked into Brock's stuff for outdoor before and seems like he's produced some nice stuff.

And no worries @NormanNugget it's all good info 

• Like 1

I think I'm struggling with the idea of choice too, coming from outdoor growing.

There's a lot of options these days for outdoor, but if you want an almost guaranteed performer you're still pretty limited.. whereas with indoor within reason I could grow whatever I want!

Even the stuff I've smoked is pretty limited, but flavour wise my favourite was blue cheese. 

• Like 1

Blue Dream is a pretty easy one to grow, but there's some very bland boring phenos ime. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My blue dream from dinafem pre bust. This pheno we called ‘boot polish’ as she was high in the terpene eucalyptol. Blueberry, blue dream, anything blue is a solid plant to begin with. Careful of the stretch now, you’ve been warned! :D 

large.3.jpg.d54345b75106868f3f276f1d41c79cd9.jpg

• Like 4

@SamCooked sour og may be worth a look, tough plants that finish in about 8 weeks great for beginners :)

It's a tough question and more a personal preference imo but what ever you choose best of luck with your first run dude👍

@NormanNugget this too is a spicy little number, phenotype dependent of course but may be worth you looking at 👍

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Blue Dream is a pretty easy one to grow, but there's some very bland boring phenos ime. 

Is that from a particular breeder or?

17 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Careful of the stretch now, you’ve been warned! :D

Maybe I should avoid it for now haha

That's a lovely plant tho fella. Thought you meant you'd got busted, then remembered what happened to Dinafem 😁 

@Revive I'll check out sour og thanks. 

I guess it is personal choice but I guess for my first run at least I only care about getting used to indoor growing, learning and 🤞pull in a nice harvest. I'm really not too concerned with the potency/smell/flavour as much as I am growing something relatively straight forward while I adjust growing styles etc 

• Like 1

Can wholly recommend using a screen to make the lighting more efficient, but maybe after a few grows once you know.. 🤘🏼

• Like 1