First indoor grow, which strain?

SamCooked

If you could go back in time and choose what plant to grow for your first indoor grow, which strain would you choose?

I'm planning my first grow, have a 1x1x1.8m tent/good fan+filter and looking at getting a Lumii or Omega led light.

What strain would you recommend to a beginner that is fairly easy to grow?

ie. Is forgiving to environmental changes, not fussy with nutes and yields well for a new grower eagerly waiting on their first harvest 😆

Thanks

• Like 1

Without more specifics on high and flavour etc I'd recommend Real Gorilla Seeds Lemon Drizzle. Very vigorous and easy to grow, very good yielders and the buzz and flavour are lovely. It's a cross of old school Super Lemon Haze and WiFi OG. I've recommended it to a few first time growers and they've all been successful. 

• Like 6

Thanks, I've looked at some of their strains so will try find a few diary's of the Lemon drizzle to check out.

I'm not that worried about specifics yet, just wanna get used to the basics with lights/environment, and hopefully get a decent yield to fill a few jars the first run 🙏

• Like 2

Yeah it's a safe bet, ticks all the boxes, plus you'll be able to get plenty of advice from people with first hand experience growing it. There's quite a few diaries ,@Gaijin did a great job with them on hist first diary, if you click his name there it'll take you to his profile and you can see his content and filter for topics, diary #1iirc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So many to choose from, and all depending on your circumstances and what suits you to be honest. I think one of my most exciting parts of growing and why I am still doing it all these years later, is due to the variety and constantly trying new strains and crosses. Its a great hobby! 

• Like 1

Give us more info and i bet you get some great suggestions 👍   

Wgat you looking for ?         Fem , auto ,  sativa / indica / hybrid /  fruity / spicy  ??

Your in the right place for info & help ,  im sure with the guidance from the good folk on here you will score something worthy of time & effort 👍

So what would you like to grow ??   

• Like 2

It's personal, but I'd go with a photoperiod fem. 

Something that doesn't get overly tall so height isn't an issue. 

An 8 week finisher would be good as the wait on the 1st run seems to go on for ever. 

My first run was WW, regs as don't remember fems being a thing. Nice easy hybrid. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Happydayz said:

So many to choose from

That's the (good) problem! 😆

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

Wgat you looking for ? 

I was thinking fem photos for my first run. Too much room for error with autos ? Probably prefer something with a nice social, up kinda high, fruity maybe.

But I'm not that concerned with quality the first time. I'd more want to grow something that can take some abuse and produce enough to fill some jars while I learn the basics to be honest. 

• Like 1

Psicodelicia from sweet seeds is easy to grow, nice yield, 8w finish, fruity in smell, good flavor and uplifting.  Not a smoke you want to have if you want to sleep, but more for social or creative times.

• Like 2

There’s a couple of Seedstockers varieties that I’d recommend :) 

Triton Biscotto Lime and Mandarine Panties.

Plus I seem to remember that AK47(Serious Seeds) was a relatively easy plant to grow.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Blue Dream (Blueberry x Haze)
I grew a freebie Auto from Fastbuds: Bluedream'matic.
So nice I just bought a full pack.
This is my favourite home grown strain to date.
Not sure how the other breeders compare but should all be good.

Absolutely fantastic plant! Top shelf stuff.
Still in all the top 10 list out there (some it's still #1).
An all time favourite with excellent reviews.

------ ------ ------

Found this blurb on another site somewhere:

Here's how the rest of the top-10 list played out this year:

Best-Selling Flower Strains in California: 2023

According to Headset, these are the best-selling flower strains in California, from January through November 2023, in U.S. dollars.

Blue Dream 91,087,943

Gelato 50,943,590

Pineapple Express 42,958,558

Mazar x Blueberry OG 40,115,159

Wedding Cake 36,158,459

Watermelon 36,103,002

Strawberry Cough 32,888,945

Biscotti 32,276,438

Granddaddy Purple 30,613,082

Sour Diesel 29,941,254

• Like 1