First indoor grow, which strain?

SamCooked

@Slippy One yeah I'm really looking forward to that aspect of indoor growing (might regret saying that)

I've done some lst/topping outdoor but definitely need to read up and get some practice if I'm gonna get a scrog going 

Edited by SamCooked
Spelling
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, SamCooked said:

I only care about getting used to indoor growing, learning and 🤞pull in a nice harvest. I'm really not too concerned with the potency/smell/flavour

Just have fun with it, nothing worse than pulling your hair out just for a bit of bud..

Get a diary going with pics and folk here will see you right with any issues you run into.. there's no better place to learn your craft than UK420 :yinyang:

be lucky dude :v:

• Like 4

Thanks @Revive very true. I will get a diary going, just gotta wait a few months for security reasons... 

More time to read up :thumsup:

• Like 1

If you're careful you'll be growing for years/decades hopefully, whatever you start with you'll soon find a few that suit and run them again repeatedly, you're gonna have problems...we all get problems(can get a tad boring to be honest without a litttle hiccup now n again). Although I've never done a diary everyone of my successful grows have been down to trawling thru threads here

to overcome all sorts of stupid/naive or just unlucky crisises. Def try some subbie seeds, there's some diamonds on the list...good luck

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Blue Dream is a pretty easy one to grow, but there's some very bland boring phenos ime. 

most over rated strain ever imho, that.....and most cookies strains

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2

@badbillybob   The last BD i ran was Nirvanas ....very Meh even well cooked , the remainder of the pack can stay sleeping in the fridge. 

@SamCooked   Very few folk send in fem subbies , sadly most outdoors guys dont want to lose the real estate to a male , some do for breeding like Revive. 
If you want regs then i think there is NO BETTER value for money than subbies beans !      If you want fems the amount of diaries of    - in no order ..

RGSC , SeedStockers , Sweets , Brocks  , Alfemco 

you got to be able to find something in there that floats ones boat 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SamCooked said:

Thanks @Revive very true. I will get a diary going, just gotta wait a few months for security reasons... 

More time to read up :thumsup:

If your not in a rush , hold off and keep checking for stock in the uk420 shop of Alfemco MWF ..... there will be a bit of activity when it lands to say the least! 
MWF would be ideal for you outdoors.  
Stock will get snapped up fast !   
MWF = mighty wonder fuck 

the search feature on here will give you all the info you need 👍

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, OldFord said:

MWF = mighty wonder fuck 

This was one I was keen to try when I first signed up here... but I had already missed the boat!

@OldFord yeah I'll probably run fems at first as it's what I know and maybe simpler. Will try some subbies in the future.

I'm not in a rush so I will check out mwf, is it only for outdoors? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions I will do some research myself haha, thanks.

• Like 1

I think you're right to go for fems first off and try regs when you're more comfortable about killing half of your patiently nurtured plants. 

I've run  3or4 subbies to date, Chelato twice, they were fems tho, Ghetto Daughter reg, pupsxxx regs.....all were very nice to grow and consume 

all different, all better than just about any seed I've bought and created by people who love what they do and deserve all the thanks they get and more

for sharing these wonderful and varied genetics...try them at some point, you'll be amazed.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SamCooked said:

@OldFord yeah I'll probably run fems at first as it's what I know and maybe simpler. Will try some subbies in the future.

I'm not in a rush so I will check out mwf, is it only for outdoors? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions I will do some research myself haha, thanks.

No probs mate , wasnt being ignorant ... i can only look at the screen for a short time 👍

Still recovering from surgery and the old eyes get tired very quickly.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OldFord said:

Still recovering from surgery and the old eyes get tired very quickly.   

No worries thanks for the input and hope the recovery goes well 

• Like 1

Hi Sam, I have only just read but if it's not too late to suggest something then based on your descrip, I'd suggest Wappa from Paradise Seeds. It is a good easy start but nice smoke too. They are short and stocky, yield is good, smell is citrus,fruity, skunk kinda old school, they are fairly vigorous in veg and don't stretch overly. For a mainly indica the buzz is a bit up too, a good anytime of the day for a stoner, a bit more sedative if you take it an extra wk in flower. I'm running a five pack right now alongside a Sweet Zombie (Expert Seeds) which was free and is a new one for me. I have heard it is simple and effective just like the Wappa. I have grown and smoked Wappa before and whilst there are a few phenos (one is more stretched), most are consistent. All the best with whatever you choose Sam. Peace. 

• Like 3

I just chopped "the 7" by RGS brilliant yield took all sorts of abuse and still come up with the goods.

Done in under 100 days from seed so a pretty quick jar filler.

Would advise though vegging at least 20/4 as she is meant for outside.

Having been smoking it for a week or so now it sounds just like the discription ur after high wise.

Again i wouldn't discount any strain just cos its labeled as for outdoors.

I also got a Fast zkittles on the go still flowering and she is really stealing the show smell wise bloody honking.

• Like 2