Modern LED recommendations

Reflektor

I really don't understand why you'd need a controller if the light is dimmable. I use a mechanical timer I bought from a petrol station for £4, been going years. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, screrg said:

Are the migro ones compatible with the AC infinity controllers?

I think so but there's really no need to use the aci to turn a light on and off once a day, an 8 quid digital timer will do the job fine. All that sunrise sunset stuff is pretty much a load of bollocks.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

All that sunrise sunset stuff is pretty much a load of bollocks.

That's the only reason I was looing for one that could be hooked up with the AC controller tbh. Thought it sounded interesting and assumed it had some benefit to the plants. I'm hovering over the migro button now so think I'll just take the plunge. The guy's vids have always been interesting and spread of intensity across the canopy looks class.

There are 2 lights for 4x4. 500W and HIGH PAR CO2 | 750W. Difference seems to be only

500W = Flowering Coverage Photoperiod Up to 4ft x 4ft or 120cm x 120cm
Average PPFD (usable PPF) 871 µmols/m2/sec

750W = Flowering Coverage Photoperiod Up to 4ft x 4ft or 120cm x 120cm
Average PPFD (usable PPF) 1,286 µmols/m2/sec

and the evenness of the spread of light intensity looks better with the 750W.

Pretty sure I won't use anywhere near the 750W as I don't have my 2 x PAR+275W up full at 18" currently and the lux reader is between 800 - 1050 at the bud sites but do ou reckon it's worth getting the 750?

What intensity do yous let canopy height get in flower? I read no higher than 1000 and have burned my plants badly in the past before getting a lux reader.

Nah it's just a gimmick at this stage mate, no science behind it at all. Just be aware that if you order to the UK directly from migro you'll get charged import fees, better to get it from a supplier within the UK even if the price is slightly higher. 

Light intensity is a massive rabbit hole, but essentially what light intensity you can run depends on your environment, there's no set numbers that apply across the board. If you haven't already look up Bruce Bugbee and watch his videos and interviews. It'll take hours and you'll probably need to re watch them a few times, but you'll learn a lot and he's the world leading expert, far better source of information than a skatty stoner like me lol

• Like 2

Nice one. Will watch the vids and be doing a diary on the next grow so hoping to tighten things up and get optimum results.

I'm on the migro site and it's saying:

We found one shipping rate available for postcode, England, United Kingdom.
  • Free shipping from our EU warehouse at £0.00 GBP

Then in shipping policy notes says:

UK: 2 working days (shipped with DPD) UK import tax payable on import at standard UK VAT rate with the courier DPD

Looks like it'll be 20%? Have to go out but think I'll go with the UK company. The fucking joys of Brexit. Still, at least all the benefits we're all reaping outweigh the bullshit, eh?

Remember different strains can also take different amounts of light, how they come up with these numbers I never know, like all plants are the same.

Check out led grow store @screrg They've got a sale on.

29 minutes ago, screrg said:

Still, at least all the benefits we're all reaping outweigh the bullshit, eh?

Wonky bananas for the win lol. Oh yeah and my lovely new blue passport so everyone in the airport can singer at me.... 

3 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Light intensity is a massive rabbit hole, but essentially what light intensity you can run depends on your environment

This.

My cab is really titchy small, 28cm wide, 40cm deep and a little over 60cm tall. I have a Vivarspectra P600 in there, and I don't tend to turn intensity above 50%. It's an all-white cabinet too so loads of reflection inside which may help.

@Hashslag Do your measure your ppfd? I only ask because from memory my slightly bigger light in a fairly similar space would be sat at more or less 100% until the plants reached a certain height. 

Edited by MindSoup

@MindSoup no. I did once, but it didn't make any sense to me so I just tried to note plant behaviour and advice from the folk on here. Light stress was mentioned before when my intensity was at 75, so I dropped it back based on that since I was fearful of repeating that. During seedling stage I have it on 25, then up to 50 once they're getting stronger.

It's a bit complicated, but it's really worth taking the time to understand, creatingq an optimal environment is what will take your grows to the next level.

• Like 1

@MindSoup Just took a reading with some app I just downloaded... at 25% intensity, at the height of the seedlings. I don't know what any of this gobbledegook means!

large.PHOTO-2024-02-26-20-31-16.jpg.f7bedb551544bb4dabe0663e7f14429b.jpg

The apps aren't too accurate using the sensor on the phone but that number is probably the low side of the good range for seedlings (well it goes deeper but forget that for now). 

Migros YouTube channel has a lot of useful videos about what all the abbreviations means and what intensity to run when etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

The apps aren't too accurate using the sensor on the phone but that number is probably the low side of the good range for seedlings (well it goes deeper but forget that for now). 

Migros YouTube channel has a lot of useful videos about what all the abbreviations means and what intensity to run when etc. 

Looking online, it seems that for seedlings my reading is about right, should be somewhere between 100-300? Obviously that number rises through veg and again in flower. When I turn the light to 50% I get a 'good' reading, but I feel that it is likely 'good' for plants that a re more grown on.