Modern LED recommendations

Reflektor

If the budget is really tight you could always use a hid. They're so cheap nowadays, I'd spend a bit on the bulb though, Phillips or Sun master etc. The cheap ones would give me a twitchy arsehole.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Reflektor said:

Anyone know of the modern Viparspectra's (using Samsung LEDs) are up to scratch?

Yep ... they do the job well enough .... got a P1000 & P600, very happy with them, although I would have bought the 1500 if the price had been right :yinyang:

• Like 3

22 hours ago, BilgePump said:

What's yer budget?

:yinyang:

As miserly as possible that still achieves solid results 😅

Last set up cost about £350 but that was 3 separate units. Was thinking around £150-£300 at a stretch. Ideally a single panel. Might not be needed for a full grow as I can put them under sun when established but the option to complete a grow indoors would be nice 

Ali baba Kingbrite, was looking last night they've got some great deals. You'll just have to wait a while for it to turn up. 

Go DIY via Digikey. There's a ton of folks here who can help you wire it up. Meanwell driver, Samsung Horticultural strips, 2" aluminium u-channel and you're done. In the future you can upgrade/swap the spectrums to suit. Cheapest option by far, and those new Samsung strips are powerhouses. :yep: 

• Like 1

Is that actually cheaper now? I was pricing one up about a year ago and it would have cost more than just buying one. Maybe component prices are down? If so I'd be well keen to build a 3-4 strip 150 watt. Fuck if i can navigate digikey though lol, would be keen for some guidance if you know what your doing. 

Edited by MindSoup

You probably want to be looking at Spider Farmer, ViparSpectra and Phlizon lights, if that's your budget 

I"ve got a Phlizon which is OK for the money imo but I'd rather have an Omega Infinity 3 tho if ya can find a cheap one or stretch the budget a little

• Like 1

Lumateks leds on sale past month or two,like 25% in shops round here, more like eveything from them i saw cmh and hps ballasts 50% off ,whats that all about? You got same in UK shops?

Zeus 465 is 825euros and 600w is 981e. 600w cmh is 159euros

Ill go for 465w it seems

2 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Is that actually cheaper now? I was pricing one up about a year ago and it would have cost more than just buying one. Maybe component prices are down? If so I'd be well keen to build a 3-4 strip 150 watt. Fuck if i can navigate digikey though lol, would be keen for some guidance if you know what your doing. 

It’s usually the search function for me, it’s always going to be cheaper in the long run to build a light, especially if you’re building for a particular space. I have a load of spare drivers (meanwell hlg-240a and the one that came with the Scope 150) so that saves me. Def the best bang for your buck to build. 💪🏼

I use a G line spectra 430 omega 2.8umol and its a good panel . You can pick them up for 300 sheets recently.

Edited by Danny killerZ
  • Like 1

There are a good few brands of big bar lights at 720w which you add a ballast to now. Adjusta  Watt being one. Last time I looked you could pick them up for just over £300 including the ballast. 

• Like 1

I love my Mars Hydro FC E 6500 

I also have a Migro aray 2 which was meant for seedling stage, but i dont get on with it atall. It doesnt work with my set up

Looking today my first search turned up a lumi black 720w with ballast under £270

I don't know how they can do them that cheap but it's about time they became affordable.

@KC Thats mad cheap that! :skin_up:

I nearly stumped for one of those a while back but ended up grabbing Adam's last par+ 465.

:yinyang:

• Like 1