Modern LED recommendations

Reflektor

I had to use a board as I'm in the loft so the apex means I'd only have a meter of height with a bar light as they're so big. Maybe get a tent for the spare room when it needs replacing, just need to clear it out :wallbash:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Penguinfarmer said:

Any new led tech leaps in the past 12-18month?

One thing worth mentioning 👍

• Like 2

The migro dude has a list of rankings and these are the top 2.

Mars Hydro FC-E1000W

MIGRO ARAY 4X4

I'm looking for a new LED asap for a 4x4 so which one would those in the know recommend? I have very limited knowledge of lights so any help much appreciated. I think he's ranked them on value too so if there's anything better out there I'd be v.interested. I've got enough money atm to invest in the best available and future proof as much as possible as buying a new light is very rare for me.

Honestly either or.  SF will be cheaper to buy but probably cost more to run, migro the other way round. I'd go for the micro myself, seeing as it's less of a faceless corporation, just be aware of potential import fees. 

• Like 1

Still love my Lumatek Zeus 600W Pro :) 

The only negative is the 25% increments in power.

Atb

☮️

• Like 3

I do like the lo of the Lumateks, the new ones are fully dimmable as well, at least the ats200 pro anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

The only negative is the 25% increments in power.

Have you tried hooking it up to the AC controller for more dimming control?

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

You can buy the Migro unit on sale from a large led grow store, it's in the Uk too so no import tax.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

Have you tried hooking it up to the AC controller for more dimming control?

No lol

I’ve already got a telos adapter here that was supposed to do the job,

but it comes with its own problems.

I’ve now kinda gotten used to the increments :) 

Atb

☯️

• Like 2

Think migro might be favourite . Nice even distribution across the canopy.  Would have just gone for the AC infinity one but the spread loooked dreadful on that. Really surprised they'd not have addressed that when putting it together. Dude on the other thread said the Samung EVO chips were worth getting as best on themarket atm but no idea what that means tbh.

Are the migro ones compatible with the AC infinity controllers? Gonna read up some and order tomorrow as the girl is 3 weeks into flower and could do wth a fresh lighting set up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KC said:

You can buy the Migro unit on sale from a large led grow store, it's in the Uk too so no import tax.

That's where I got my Migro Aray 4 from. Really good service too with free delivery. The light itself is impressive and well built. There's a wee bit of flex across the fixture but it doesn't matter when it's properly hung.

• Like 1