Modern LED recommendations

Reflektor

Have been growing under sunlight for a few seasons now ever since my trilogy of Viparspectra 300 & 450w panels gave up the ghost. 

I'm looking to start a grow back in the tent (1300²) and therefore looking for the best value LED panel/s for a simple life. I'm assuming things have moved on fairly significantly in the last 4 or 5 years? 

What's the best choice on a budget these days? 

Do the DIY Samsung panels still stack up? 

All solid recommendations welcomed 

Get an AC Infinity light. Their fans, extraction and lights can all be programmed using their controller 69 pro. Cool features like sunrise, sunset, easy dimming, humidity control and circulation control using an app. 

I'm really looking for a simple and budget minded set up, switch on, leave on, happy daze.

Anyone know of the modern Viparspectra's (using Samsung LEDs) are up to scratch?

You can get some pretty good leds on a budget these days, under a £ a watt in some cases.

Bar style LEDs seem to be better for even coverage than board types , i myself run a 465w board (par+ pro , sadly discontinued) in 1.2m² and it's more than enough light for my space.

I want to say a few lads here have the smaller new viparspectra and its actually top notch , wouldn't know about the bigger units though.

Have you looked the 720w bars a few companies shift that run on a 600w ballast? They're pretty cheap for what you get.. i wanna say lumii and omega do em, probably others too

Also bare in mind you'll have to properly dial in yer environment and compensate for the lack of infrared heat under leds

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Cheers, yeah I'm looking at Vipar and Spider Farmer and seeing some good claims, the latter also having a 5 year warranty is appealing as best I could manage out of early Viparspectra's was 3 cycles before they started to give up. 

Temps not an issue, have extraction and heaters ready to go - it's just been redundant since I started managing decent outdoor grows

• Like 1

I've seen people swear by the king brite boards you can get buy from China. 

Vipraspectra look good though. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KC said:

king brite boards

My mate was running a couple of geek light 480's and raved about em , very similar to the kingbrite or meiju boards..if not identical.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reflektor said:

I'm assuming things have moved on fairly significantly in the last 4 or 5 years? 

Not massively, bit more efficient maybe general quality is up so that's a good thing. You see a lot of lights with IR and UV diodes now, I'd avoid those myself. I would pick yourself a British made/assembled brand like Migro, Invisible Sun, Urban Buddy etc for the best warranty/customer service or if you just what the most watts for your money get a Chinese one like a Kingbrite, just like most things nowadays pretty much all the boards and drivers etc are made in China and most of the lights are assembled there. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Not massively, bit more efficient maybe general quality is up so that's a good thing. You see a lot of lights with IR and UV diodes now, I'd avoid those myself. I would pick yourself a British made/assembled brand like Migro, Invisible Sun, Urban Buddy etc for the best warranty/customer service or if you just what the most watts for your money get a Chinese one like a Kingbrite, just like most things nowadays pretty much all the boards and drivers etc are made in China and most of the lights are assembled there. 

I got an Invisible sun panel and I'm not too happy with it. The blue diodes I reckon are just not gelling well with most plants and if it's turned up fully it can bleach plants. I have no use for it, you couldn't give it away. The Migro lights, I'm not sure if they're British made? They're decent units though. I have a 250w, but also an Australian grow lights panel, 240w. It's about five years old and it's an excellent unit. 

• Like 1

There’s always the site sponsor control led the spectro range

pretty sure there’s a discount for uk420 members 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

The blue diodes I reckon are just not gelling well with most plants and if it's turned up fully it can bleach plants

It's funny you say that because I have been thinking the exact opposite, not to say your wrong but I feel like they prefer a good bit of blue in the spectrum, but it's total bro science lol I did bleach my buds with it once but they were basically touching it with the dimmer all the way up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cypo74 said:

There’s always the site sponsor control led the spectro range

pretty sure there’s a discount for uk420 members 

True that, I always forget because they're quite quiet but they look like decent bits of kit. 

Just now, MindSoup said:

True that, I always forget because they're quite quiet but they look like decent bits of kit. 

Yeah they are very quiet, don’t bother messaging them on here, they hardly ever stop by, better to send them a message on insta, once you get hold of them they are helpful