Should you LST outdoor plants?

Bram Toker

On 29/01/2024 at 01:55, Bram Toker said:

When growing plants outdoors does low stress training improve yields ? I know this training technique is often used indoors to create an even canopy to allow for the limited penetration of artificial lighting but is this a significant factor for outdoor growing since the Sun is already 93 million miles away so a foot here or there shouldn't make much difference to the plant? I know there are other reasons for training eg purposes of stealth etc but what's the thinking regarding yield? I've looked at a few diaries and this technique doesn't seem to be used that often. Any thoughts?

From my experience at least a bit of LST is always going to increase the yield. but some strains respond much better than others.

It is possible to over do it however. A few years ago i decided to do 5 rounds of topping to a plant as an experiment. Although the plant looked impressive, the buds ended up being extremely airy & no potent compared to the ones which I only topped twice.

I would further like to emphasise that its definitely strain dependent. 

You started a very interesting thread Bram

• Like 2