Should you LST outdoor plants?

Bram Toker

@MindSoup I edited my comment to acknowledge your mastery of this technique just as you posted. Very impressive work mate. 

Yes mate start with them off centre, although for GG you want them in the ground. 

For outdoor I don't do what I did with that kosher kush, I just do one bend of the main stem as they start to flower, as far as it'll go, usually about 45-70° I then chop off any branches pointing at the floor, all done in one visit. 

No reason you couldn't do what I did with the KK TBF, I'm just lazy. 

• Like 2

The only prob with bending them over when they start to flower is they can be a bit rigid at that point.

You could very easily snap the stem if you are to heavy handed or try to bend them to far..I do it when there in veg then continue to open them up with more training as flowering begins.

Like most things in this game we all have our own little ways of doing things so its about what works best for you.

Deffo worth giving autos the same treatment as there is no recovery time but again they can be quite rigid further down the line so best done early doors 👍

• Like 2

Yeah my method is the straight up bare minimum, the stems will be firm but with some patience and finesse they will bend to your will, it won't look like they've bent over all that far, but for the time it takes it makes a big difference. I wish I'd taken pics back then, makes it much easier to explain, I plan to put a few plants out this season, but they probably won't be getting any training. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

, I plan to put a few plants out this season

That's great to hear mindsoup :toot:

How's the back these days mate?

Still fucked geez if I'm honest, but as you might remember that wasn't what stopped me, left my plot fallow last year so hoping the heats died off a bit, found a much stealthier way to access it as well, no more walking past houses with huge bottles of water etc. 

It's the Fuckwarp that's tempted me back in. It's everything I want from a GG strain, will suit my neglectful style very well. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

but as you might remember that wasn't what stopped me, left my plot fallow last year so hoping the heats died off a bit

Sorry to hear the back is still shot..yes brother I remember, did you ever go back to take a look or did you just leave it?

I will have to have a read up on the fuckwarp I know a few ran them last season iirc but haven't looked at any feedback yet

• Like 1

Yeah it sucks but I'm learning to live with it a bit better now, doesn't get me down quite as much as it did, so easy to feel sorry for yourself isn't it. I'm more or less taking Slims word for it TBH, but he's a man of his word, plus It's about time I actually payed him for some beans lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MindSoup said:

doesn't get me down quite as much as it did, so easy to feel sorry for yourself isn't it

Mate after a while it just becomes part of your life, 25 + years I've suffered:wallbash:

Your body intelligence eventually kicks in and that's makes it easier to manage.

It's always there but I just move differently, it's second nature now and I hardly ever put it completely out where I can't move for weeks..it gets stiff all the time and I'm often vulnerable when it does.. now I recognise when that happens and just take precautions until it passes again.

It's fuking grim though dude still..

Yeah slim knows what he is talking about for sure and as you say is a man of his word, top fella.

I can't remember who grew them last season I'm sure folk did unless I'm confusing them with something else, its fuking possible lol

Apologies to the OP for high jacking his post 😔

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Revive said:

Apologies to the OP for high jacking his post 😔

Apologies not required. It's all good. For what it's worth I get back pain and my knees are fucked so my GG exploits will be quite limited. I'm hoping to just do a few (3 or 4) plants in pots in the garden.

• Like 5

@Revive Yeah man, having a sedentary job is really helping, not because I'm sitting on my arse all day but because any sort of exercise is completely optional, there's far fewer opportunities now for me to say "fuck it" and push myself too hard. That and my brain has finally recalibrated to my new limits so I'm not constantly feeling like I'm missing out. 

@Bram Toker Sorry to hear it dude, something I would never wish on anyone. If you're in the garden that makes a huge difference to what you can do. @OldFord @Idicanna joness diaries will teach you a lot about getting away with growing in your gadren in pots. I haven't really grown a lot of plants outdoors in pots, but in general getting a good yield and final product tends to be a lot easier. The plants do stink though, personally I prefer growing indoors when on my own property, it's a lot more expensive, but I have complete control over who can get anywhere near my plants and there's no smell. Guess it all depends on where you are and how big your garden is. 

• Like 5

Choose your weapons wisely in the garden.... Lst always works for me when I can be arsed.... 

Also get as many scented flowers and shrubs as possible out there as well. Lilly rose carnation jasmine and plenty of herbs... 

There are plenty of options to get some stealthy ones in the garden. 

• Like 4

There's a fine line between too smelly and not too smelly but not worth smoking either lol

• Like 3

@MindSoup true that my friend. If you kind find a decent recommendation from here, you're way too fussy 

• Like 2