Which Tube Heater? (Brand Names)

Chal

Just now, Revive said:

I go with dimplex for reliability

Certainly seeming to be a consensus forming here then? I'm busy, answering a friends email, right now. Thinking about my own dinner. Then, I have the hungry hoards to feed.

Get my schedule cleared though, and it's looking a lot like I'll just be going bak to Amazon and paying the extra to get Them to shoot me a couple of D's.

I know Hey Nonny Not ~ or what ever his handle is ~ there likes Redring too. And has a pathological grudge against Major Tom. But, the simple fact is that Tom and the boys get shit here faster than stink.

The Bay takes for ever. Costs me Heavenly shipping. And the bastards have been holding £40+ of mine that they snatched, in Their error, over a fucking decade ago! So, yeah; Wanna talk to Me about grudges? Bring it on! Amazon till I die, me :nenenenene:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Revive said:

I go with dimplex for reliability, bought a few others over the years and they haven't lasted..I've got a dimplex in my lizards cage that hasn't been turned off for about 13/14 years and it's still going strong.

Worth paying a bit extra for longevity imo @Chal

That's reassuring to hear :yep:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

That's reassuring to hear :yep:

I'm pretty shocked tbh MG

aside from the odd time the leccy went or was turned off when electrical work took place its been flat out..my lizard is like 16 nearly 17 years old now and I built her big cage when she was about 2 years old so probably been running all that time 24 hours a day bar a week or so..fuking amazing when I think about it :yep:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Fuck Bezos support your local independent businesses. 

Like Screwfix lol

LOL! Screwfix for the win... Fuck you Bezos... I do NOT want FUCKING prime delivery! I order on the free option and it still comes next day.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Like Screwfix lol

AKA Kingfisher PLC with their £13 billion annual turnover.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Military Grade said:

I see Govee have a new smart ceramic space heater that Oscillates.

1500 watts is a bit overkill for most grows i reckon, i bought a 300w ceramic fan heater for £17, i use an old 5 step controller to adjust the output, and it's tiny, here it's running at 120 watts

large.65919a57bd24b_300wceramicfanheater.jpg

• Like 1

I bought Lighthouse. they are not reliable. when i returned to the grow shop the bloke was telling me how he's had to refund peeps due to smoke coming from said 4-foot tubies. Avoid!!

As mentioned i had a 6foot dimplex which stayed ON for about 15 years and was still ok when i stopped for a bit and got rid of eqpmt.

• Like 1

I have been running the 135w lighthouse one for a couple of years with no problem.

4 hours ago, HarryHill said:

I bought Lighthouse. they are not reliable. when i returned to the grow shop the bloke was telling me how he's had to refund peeps due to smoke coming from said 4-foot tubies. Avoid!!

2 hours ago, mr rhino said:

I have been running the 135w lighthouse one for a couple of years with no problem.

Amazon's 'AI' produced summary of customers reviews said (Fuck me! I've turned into Les Dennis!!!) .....

" Customers like the value, ease of use, and performance of the space heater. They mention that it's good value, easy to install and use, with low running costs. Customers are also satisfied with the quality and performance. However, some customers have reported that the heater started to smoke and let off fumes. Customers also differ on size and heating. "

I mean, come on! How many flies do ye need to see, before ye just decide there's no way You're eating that shit? 

No one has reported a Dimplex starting to Smoke and Give Off Fumes!

I'll bet there are kids out there, right now, who'll swear by sucking in lungfuls of what ever aerosol can comes to hand. Getting smashed off their faces from it. Some Die, Instantly, of it!

I choose Dimplex :mellow:

Thank you, to All who have contributed. Very useful thread, I feel :)

17 minutes ago, Chal said:

I choose Dimplex

A wise and easy choice with all things considered..Like most products users experiences differ however as they say there is no smoke without fire and we wouldn't want either under any circumstances..get it got dude :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 1

" Your Joyces Order Has Been Shipped "! :D

There. And that should satisfy some of the moaners :P Amazon only had them from some bloke in UK. His were reasonable. But, no Prime. He wanted money for shipping. I'm not a complete shit. So, I was happy to play that game.

Then, it turned out the bastard only had One  available!!! :wallbash:

So, last night, much midnight oil being burned as I trekked, like Alveric, across the endless wastes of DDG. Finally found Two of the buggers, available. In Ireland. Not Tom. And probably costing me an extra fucking £20.00!

But, there we are. It's only money. Mine, of course. Not the Millennial Moaners. At least I'm now one step closer to not having to have another night like the last fucking one!!!

Nice, actually, to wake up, today, with the softly dawning realisation that I'll need a fucking Watering Can!!! :D I'm actually getting That far advanced now that I'm having to actively think what I'll be doing when the little, green babies pop their little heads up! :yahoo:

Woke up, today, dimly aware that I'd heard my phone beep, earlier. Just getting dressed as I glanced at it. Message. Oh?

" DPD will be delivering ye Joyces shit, between now and then, today. "

Cool! ..... Eh?! Faaark!!! At the earliest, that's Seven minutes away, and I haven't got my fucking strides on yet! "

Then the fucking security system kicks off! The bastard's five minutes early! And I'm hopping around with one leg in!!! lol

Fair play to DPD though. They have got their shit together, over here, at least! :yep:

Anyway, thing is? These are " Two Foot " tubes. My tent's 27". These fuckers, with the End Caps, On the physically two foot tubes, actually press against the walls of the tent!!!

I'm guessing that's alright though, eh? I mean, only the white bit, the actual tubes get hot? 'Obviously'? @Military Grade? You're The Daddy on these things .....

It'll probably be fine, maybe see how hot the ends get and stick a bit of foam or something between them and the wall of the tent. Mine don't get all that hot TBF, I can happily pick one up when. It's turned on.