Which Tube Heater? (Brand Names)

Chal

I'm on Amazon UK. " Lighthouse " have caught my eye. Simply because I like their green and black colour! :blushing: (I'm not a woman! Really I'm not! :D)

Dimplex is a name we all know. Wonder if Zanussi make them? I Like their shit!

Anyone got a strong, experience based, opinion, please? :)

I know to not use Amazon. Usually the same sellers are on eBay, where the fee's are much lower. I couldn't sell on Amazon when I tried, as they wanted to make more money than I did. And I was importing partial container loads, storing and forwarding them. Amazon just had to host an advert. eBay however, made it work.

I have got friends to look at the price of their new Amazon purchase, as an eBay search. Consistently converting them to the cheap side. Many mistakenly think they are buying from Amazon, and don't understand the concept of a marketplace. Though the drop shipping options do help seller get things to buyers quickly. If they want Amazon warehousing their goods. 

With what's inside a tube heater, the brand may not matter much. I would be more interested in a thermostat, to show they were not cutting corners.

Edit: I do have some as foot warmers, but I'm not sure they are branded. Pet shop stuff. I like that the tube is wide, and the legs have fibre's in their resin construction. So when the resin dried over the years, they have remained sturdy. Plastic tends to get brittle, so the gauge of the feets construction, is a clue as to quality.

Edited by notunum

I saw someone on here using Morris tubes. They're better for space saving. The one-footer is 60w. I'm looking to get a few of these myself so haven't tried them yet.

• Like 1

Oh.. Redring suntube. Redring are a brand, that an electrician would recognise.

55w and the tubes maybe 400mm long. It's too much to put your feet on without slippers.

I have a couple. There were a connected pair. I separated them, and just used one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clubs said:

I saw someone on here using Morris tubes. They're better for space saving. The one-footer is 60w. I'm looking to get a few of these myself so haven't tried them yet.

It's me that's using the "morris" tubes got 3 in the end.

Only started using them for this years grow though so can't really comment on how long they will last.

But so far they are doing a cracking job and way more efficient than the oilrad they replaced.

No thermostat control though but they work great with an inkbird type controller.

• Like 2

I got 2 1ft "Sunhouse Thermostatic Tubular" tube heaters in my 60x60x160 tent, I plan to get another one for my little 40x40x120 tent, and make a little box for it to go in and connect to the tent via ducting to save space in the little tent.

I already have the thermostat controllers, I ordered another one from the big river and they sent me two when I was planning on buying another one, so that was handy lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 3

I can vouch for elixir gardening supplies tube heaters, i run two.

Killed one of those big river 3ft 120w eco tubes in less than a year, wasn't even abusing it.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BilgePump said:

I can vouch for elixir gardening supplies tube heaters, i run two.

Killed one of those big river 3ft 120w eco tubes in less than a year, wasn't even abusing it.

I had a look at these just now. Do they have a red light on them that's on all the time?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Clubs said:

Do they have a red light on them that's on all the time?

Honestly I can't recall, i want to say no but i might have just covered it with vapour tape like i have with others previously.

Just had a look at my Amazon history....

The exilirs have LEDs that come on when its actively heating.

The one i killed was a hylite eco and im also using a "hausen" tube which has no LEDs on it at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr mcgregor said:

I've had a dimplex one, for years. Bought at toolstation.

I can second the Dimplex ones. Had a 1footer that's been going for years.

I’ve used Dimplex and Hylite.

The Hylite ones with thermostat do have a red light though. They also sell them without thermostats which is what I have. 
The Dimplex thermostat ones don’t have any lights.