Which Tube Heater? (Brand Names)

Chal

I see Govee have a new smart ceramic space heater that Oscillates.

I know it's not Ideal for most grows, but might be handy for bigger grow spaces.

Thermostats?

So; Are we going with built in 'stat models? Relying on their stats?

Or, do we use our own (Inkbird etc) Controllers, on non stat ones ~ or even to over ride built in stats?

Thanks, lads. I feel I'll be buying before the year's out :D

• Like 1

I get the ones from Screwfix, Diplex iirc, but TBH they're probably all made on the same production line with different branding added at the end, I doubt the brand really matters. 

Just now, Chal said:

Thermostats?

So; Are we going with built in 'stat models? Relying on their stats?

Or, do we use our own (Inkbird etc) Controllers, on non stat ones ~ or even to over ride built in stats?

Thanks, lads. I feel I'll be buying before the year's out :D

Mine has one built in but I have that turned up to Max setting then have it plugged into a Thermostat and Probe.

large.20221102_183106.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, MindSoup said:

I get the ones from Screwfix, Diplex iirc, but TBH they're probably all made on the same production line with different branding added at the end, I doubt the brand really matters. 

Yeah. I'm seeing our new friend here, Notunum, seems to have his finger on the inside track. Dimplex is showing well here ~ by any other name. Not' likes Redring? But, they're not on Amazon.

Way it's going, at the moment? What ever I buy from Major Tom, I'll be paying extra,  for shipping. Due to a quirk where by certain shit they won't send here on Prime :frown:

Not the end of the world. But, it does cause one to consider who's got what, and will charge what in shipping, 'locally'. Screwfix for very good example.

Ahh! And now, with Military Grade moving up on the inside, with his excellent coverage of the stat's situation; It's looking like it's  Dimplex ~ with their built in, lightless stat's ~ becoming a firm favourite.

Can Redring pull any surprises out of the hat, sought locally?

Lighthouse, in the eye catching green and  black strip, by the way, turned out to be an absolute fucking donkey! They went down at the first fence! Pretty pieces of shit! :D

Exciting, this! :rofl:

• Like 1

@Chal Once you've chosen yer heater how are you going to install it?

I have one hanging levelish with my led for air temps ...large.DSC_0313_copy_4000x3000.jpg

And another one under my floor, hypocaust style.....

large.6296733452caa_DSC_00972_copy_4000x3000.jpglarge.629677eb833ac_DSC_00882.JPG

:yinyang:

• Like 3

Just now, BilgePump said:

@Chal Once you've chosen yer heater how are you going to install it?

I have one hanging levelish with my led for air temps ...

Ooh! Talk Dirty to me!!! :D

Positioning ~ and under floors, eh?! Hell, yeah! Hadn't even let myself Get this far ahead, yet, in honesty.

I'm aware of it. Getting these, subliminal, mental flashes of heaters screwed to boards. Strapped to poles. That sort of thing. I'm a very 'plodding' thinker / planner though. I very much like to get a grip on the One aspect, and work it till it's absolutely done. Then, I'll edge forward. 'Brian's Buttons'.

Hanging one Up though? Hot air rises ..... S'pose a FAN though ....? Crafty fucker! :D

I have mine on the floor around the edges, and the probe hanging at canopy  height.

large.20231231_015854.jpg

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

Just now, Military Grade said:

I have mine on the floor around the edges, and the probe hanging at canopy  height.

And, what are those fascinating looking, silver rod things, hanging down the upper sides there, please? Enquiring minds .....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chal said:

Hot air rises .....

Led grow so i extract from the bottom of my tent to pull hot air down over the plants , hence the underfloor too so the filter doesn't strip heat from the rootzones.

3 minutes ago, Chal said:

FAN

And then there's the double downward elutengs....large.DSC_0448.JPG

:yinyang:

Just now, BilgePump said:

Led grow so i extract from the bottom of my tent to pull hot air down over the plants.

And then there's the double downward elutengs....

Christ, that's crafty!!! :yep: Never saw That one coming! Brilliant!

The fuck are " Elutengs " though?! :huh:

5 minutes ago, Chal said:

And, what are those fascinating looking, silver rod things, hanging down the upper sides there, please? Enquiring minds .....

AC Infinity Ionbeam U4 UV supplement lighting bars, I'm only supposed to use two for a tent my size but got a 4 pack instead and turned them down lol

• Like 1

Just now, Military Grade said:

AC Infinity Ionbeam U4 UV supplement lighting bars

:shock: Jesus! You really are taking it up a level, aren't ye?! Fucking hell!

• Like 1

I go with dimplex for reliability, bought a few others over the years and they haven't lasted..I've got a dimplex in my lizards cage that hasn't been turned off for about 13/14 years and it's still going strong.

Worth paying a bit extra for longevity imo @Chal

• Like 2