Ashy's tent build thread

Ashy

Hope everybody had a good (Insert your chosen name for this holiday period here) lol

Not a thrilling update I'll grant you, I don't operate particularly quickly at the best of times - let alone this time of year - but I decided on and ordered a fan/filter kit...

large.Screenshot_2023-12-29-07-32-19-99_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

^ This one here, to be precise, in 4" flavour.

It's no ACI kit I'll grant you, but I think it'll be more than good enough for a DS60!

(This was also partially just a test to confirm I've wrapped my head around the gallery :D )

Edited by Ashy
Clarity
  • Like 3

Top Tip.

Be in for your delivery as you probably don’t want to have to collect from your pickup point.

Mars Hydro boxes usually have it written very clearly that it’s Grow gear :wallbash:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Top Tip.

Be in for your delivery as you probably don’t want to have to collect from your pickup point.

Mars Hydro boxes usually have it written very clearly that it’s Grow gear :wallbash:

Atb

I have a safe place for it to be left, so that's a bit less of an issue, but I will get it in the house ASAP indeed!

Edited by Ashy
Typos
  • Like 1

Inkbird and bar heater coming tomorrow. Getting there!

That'll definitely be needed because I don't run my central heating, just heat whatever room I'm using, and my house is perpetually colder than a Polar Bear's nackers lol

Pondering if throwing together a little lung box might be an idea.

Edited by Ashy
  • Like 1

Inkbird and heater were here before I even got up this morning. That's stupidly fast.

More gubbins was ordered yesterday, too - heatmat and controller will be arriving before 10pm today (allegedly) for starters.

Also an oscillating clip-on fan, small propogator, a couple of magnifiers (because I'll be able to use them for other things and it's nice to have options lol), and various pots/saucers.

The pile o' stuff on my dining table continues to grow. Going to have to actually sort out the bombsite that is my spare room sooner rather than later!

• Like 2

Was going to update to say that everything is here except for the fan/filter and seeds, then no more than 5 minutes after I took this...

(Bits blanked out to hide identifiable objects/untidyness lol)

large.Stuff1.jpg

The fan/filter turned up!

Mars Hydro must have clocked on to 'subtlety' too, because it arrived in an incoscpicuous cardboard box. Result!

Just need some seeds, and to get my arse in gear and sort the spare room now lol

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Just in the interests of keeping this thread updated before I start the actual build and grow;

I ordered some Tropical Mirage from RQS (Because going by the sales pitch, it's exactly what I'm looking for). Which also meant three free Special Queen #1 and three Mirage F1.

Someone please kick me up the arse to sort out my spare room FFS, or this stuff is going to be sitting around gathering dust for six months until I get some motivation lol

Edited by Ashy
Typos
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2024 at 00:12, Ashy said:

Someone please kick me up the arse to sort out my spare room FFS, or this stuff is going to be sitting around gathering dust for six months until I get some motivation lol

Had all the basics I need to get building and growing for about a week now and still haven't actually damn well done anything. Motivation is in minus figures, I think. 🤦‍♂️ Help! 😂

we can't do this bit for you :) 

Procrastinate no more!

Just remember the end goal,

of having some lovely home grown in the jars 👍

Eg.

large.PC250039.JPG.b7d5e7d08a9f79895860667fc34e941b.JPG

large.SlapNTicklec3.JPG.f96197ea2d96be8c039b1098616db367.JPG

Atb

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The Great Spare Room Sort-out has been on-going for a week or so now. Might have to start a new thread for the actual build when it starts.

Told you I don't operate particularly quickly 😂

Will a new thread get you moving any quicker lol ?

Get on with it,

all this delay will be rued at the other end.

Atb

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Get on with it,

You can lead a person to growing equipment but you can't make them germinate lol

• Haha 3

Get yer seeds in those jiffy’s. That’ll give you 3-5 days to get ironed out. Stop being a lazy arse n crack on innit. Fuck man I couldn’t get my shit set up quick enough. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

Get yer seeds in those jiffy’s. That’ll give you 3-5 days to get ironed out. Stop being a lazy arse n crack on innit. Fuck man I couldn’t get my shit set up quick enough. 

Hey, chill, I'm getting there now. It's a bastard big job sorting that room out. There's black mould I'm dealing with too which slowed me down 😬

Be cracking on again when I get in from work this aft

• Like 1