Ashy's tent build thread

Ashy

Evening everyone!

Total noob alert (Hello).

Thought I'd start a thread in here, largely for myself to be honest, to keep track of what I've bought and how it all ends up going together. 

Got a DS60 and an XS1500 Pro en route, so that's the starting point for my little tent of goodness.

CF and fan up next, any tips for cheaping out on this? I live alone so noise isn't an issue, and I can happily vent into the house.

Stay tuned for inevitable wasted money, and swearing while I slowly gather all the needed stuff and put it all together :smokin:

(I've been deep-diving on this forum for about a month now. Goddamn, you lot really do know your s**t, don't you? Reckon I'm in the best place I could possibly be for this journey!)

Edit: If there's a better place for me to do this thread, do tell me!

Edited by Ashy
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Ashy said:

any tips for cheaping out on this?

Yeah, dont. :yep:

Yer cf is the most important bit of kit, skimping here is false economy.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Nice combo, they will work well together. 

I love the convenience of a controlled EC fan. Wouldn't run anything else if I could help it. I think the AC Infinity kit is good value for the quality. Haven't seen many negatives on here. My only ACI filter completely failed after very little, lowish humidity use. 

Got circulation sorted? Again ACI have a nice clip on. Probably had mine a year since first available, it's been faultless. 

• Like 1

Just now, BilgePump said:

Yeah, dont. :yep:

Yer cf is the most important bit of kit, skimping here is false economy.

Damn it. I knew this was going to be the case! No smell, no tell, no sell, no cell, right? 

Might have to go with a good CF but an an el-cheapo fan for the time being.

Can't seem to @ anyone on Edge? I've heard great things about the AC Infinity kit, but it ain't cheap for a noob. Might have to keep an eye on fleabay...

Edited by Ashy
Because it's better than posting again
  • Like 1

Been using a "radair150" and a "fox 150mm carbon filter" dunno what the prices are now but i got both for under £100 and well worth the money.

Trouble is u will need something to control the fan i already had a step controller which works great even on the slowest speed and can barely hear it.

You will need a heatmat and controller for roots and extra heating if u plan to grow in winter.

Not one for tents me u can't explain a tent it is what it is.

But as its small go for USB fans for airflow around it cheap and will last forever. lol

Just now, murphyblue said:

Been using a "radair150" and a "fox 150mm carbon filter" dunno what the prices are now but i got both for under £100 and well worth the money.

Trouble is u will need something to control the fan i already had a step controller which works great even on the slowest speed and can barely hear it.

You will need a heatmat and controller for roots and extra heating if u plan to grow in winter.

Not one for tents me u can't explain a tent it is what it is.

But as its small go for USB fans for airflow around it cheap and will last forever. lol

Not the first time I've read that Fox are a decent budget CF option, that might be the way I go. 

Fan shouldn't need to be particularly heavy duty in a tiny tent, and I DGAF about noise - I could sleep through the apocalypse lol

• Like 1

Think i had my Fox filter for over a year now most of the time the fan been running on the lowest setting and can honestly say there's not a whiff that gets out of my cab.

Even scrubs the mancave if i turn up the fan for an hour. lol

What size filter? The bigger the better? I'd like to keep the CF in the tent, but I can put the fan anywhere I like outside.

Biggest CF that'll fit > some good acoustic ducting > Fan > s**tloads more ducting?

@Ashy What size filter? The bigger the better?

Match your filter size to fan size. You're unlikely to struggle with high temps using a 150w fixture. Just make sure to read the specs of the filter and that it can shift at least the same amount of air as the fan. For example; a fan that moves 280m3h with a filter capable of 300m3h.

Just now, Clubs said:

@Ashy What size filter? The bigger the better?

Match your filter size to fan size. You're unlikely to struggle with high temps using a 150w fixture. Just make sure to read the specs of the filter and that it can shift at least the same amount of air as the fan. For example; a fan that moves 280m3h with a filter capable of 300m3h.

Nice one, I'd not come across that particular tip on here yet! Definitely going to spend the cash on the filter, not the fan!

(Just read that back for typos and it looks REALLY sarcastic. It isn't lol )

• Like 1

Welcome to UK420 :bong:

An EC fan will be required to keep the temperature and humidity within an ideal range.

Obviously you don’t require a silenced version :) 

A controller from companies such as AC Infinity or Global Air Supplies,

will pair with your light and extraction fan and heating to help create the ideal environment 

Good luck getting your setup sorted and running.

Atb

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

A controller from companies such as AC Infinity or Global Air Supplies,

will pair with your light and extraction fan and heating to help create the ideal environment

That sounds expensive! I wasn't planning on a DS60 *or* an XS1500, but the prices were too good, so I'm sort of in a "Saving back up for more things" phase now

(XS1500 Pro for £110 :geek:)

In my 60x60x160 I'm running a AC Infinity S4 Extraction fan with 69 Pro controller bundle from a site with a similar name to the old site sponsor, and a Ram 4inch carbon filter from Amazon, the Ram filter has lasted me over two years and still going.

If you have a 60x60 tent that can take 6inch ducting then I would recommend the S6 version

Edited by Military Grade

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

In my 60x60x160 I'm running a AC Infinity S4 Extraction fan with 69 Pro controller bundle from a site with a similar name to the old site sponsor, and a Ram 4inch carbon filter from Amazon, the Ram filter has lasted me over two years and still going.

If you have a 60x60 tent that can take 6inch ducting then I would recommend the S6 version

My 60x60 will take whatever I want it to take, I'm quite useful with hacking s**t together! The AC Infinity stuff is bonkers expensive when you start throwing in controllers and stuff, too, though!!

Are DM's a thing on here? I don't understand the coded reference, to my shame...

Edited by Ashy

@Ashy  Yea private messaging is a feature on the this site :yep:

I've seen some recommended getting the right sized filter for your grow space and then over sizing the fan, this is ment to let you maintain good pressure in the CF while still having the fan as quiet as possible.

• Like 1