Lazy coco growing using only pellets & hard water

Slippy One

On 02/03/2024 at 18:28, The Green Manalishi said:

But that’s just way to many extra steps for me lol

I gotta know how you're growing less than twiddling a knob .4mm? lollol :yep:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NormanNugget said:

I’m looking at getting some blumat. 

Also wondering whether I could use the blumats full time, work out roughly the volume of water the plants are consuming and give them a fairly concentrated liquid feed each day? Sort of halfway between the pellet feed and manual watering… 

Any thoughts?

Blumats are water only, you’ll need to feed your substrate first, a la pellet food. 👍🏼

• Like 1

I’m not the biggest fan of those carrots, found them to be very unreliable….but the pellets tho, could be what I’m looking for the outside plants :yep: 

• Like 1

@The Green Manalishiit would be a simple swap to replace the carrots with a pump and blue drippers. Just know that you won’t be watering till runoff, just time the pumps to wet the coco, no more. Or hand watering would be ideal. 🥳

13 minutes ago, The Green Manalishi said:

I’m not the biggest fan of those carrots, found them to be very unreliable

Loads of gardeners try to use them with nutrients, which is bad, water only. I agree they’re not as precise as pumps but work well enough for lazy fuckers like me.. 🫡

I like the idea of gravity feeding them,  was going to set one up inside, but I’m a bit restricted for space, outside not a problem, my issue has been the hight of plants but I’m working on keeping em low so less noticeable outside

Build a trellis, outdoor scrog style 

@The Green Manalishi More plants started later and kept in small pots will keep the height down, plus it's a smaller amount of time so less of a commitment and less of a risk. 

If you don't like Blumats (can totally understand why) have a look at the autopot range, they've got all kinds of alternatives, most of which are more reliable, but not quite as precise, although one run away with a Blumat and the precision is out the window anyway. 

Also a friendly reminder for those that like the concept but not the price tag, Osmocote will do basically the same job as beantslk for a fraction of the price :hippy:.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

Trying to keep it a bit lo’ profile for outdoors this year, and I need to be able to move em about

2 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Osmocote

I like cheaper :yep: 

Anyone actually used/using Osmocote on the boards? I’d love to see the results.. 

4 minutes ago, The Green Manalishi said:

I like cheaper :yep: 

Yeah @Amarillo slim has done a lot of grows with Osmocote and iirc calcified seaweed.

@Slippy One someone on here did a side by side with beanstalk and osmocote, beanstalk was supposedly slightly better, but not sure what osmocote they were using. There's info on @Owderbs original thread. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Osmo vs Beanstalk are both winners if you’re as lazy as me. 😁

I'm all for making things as easy as possible TBF, If i wasn't doing no till I'd peob be giving the osmo a go myself. 

I tried it for my bonsai mums, didn't go well at all, but I think that was more slack watering and crap environment. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

lazy as me

Your no lazy,  your making the process more efficient for yourself, your plants reflect this, not doing something, because you can’t be fucked, is being lazy lol

• Like 1