Lazy coco growing using only pellets & hard water

Slippy One

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this Slippy One - it's good to have a simpler option for people who have hard water as it has been traditionally easier to grow in coco with soft water.

• Like 1

Small update on the beanstalk Blumat coco scrog. Starting to put on weight, no sign of deficiencies or pests, watering to negligible runoff every Sunday, plant looks happy enough. Still no mono mg added to my shitty tap water. Beanstalk has handled hard, cold dripped London tap water admirably. 🫡

large.IMG_3445.jpeg.a7449c5fb7a8eca877d14fe35e7648b6.jpeglarge.IMG_3443.jpeg.531bf86cce0ec1016950a583aa3639d4.jpeglarge.IMG_3438.jpeg.63341464c2d78d9800acf3f386d1125d.jpeg

Still about 4 weeks left, but it doesn’t matter, I’m only going to need to fill the res a few more times, takes all of 5 mins and it’s all I have to do each grow. 😇🤘🏼🤘🏼

• Like 9

@Slippy One Intrigued by this. I'm using coco and I would like an easier life. I pH my local water to roughly 6.0 using acid and check it using litmus paper but I don't have an EC truncheon or a self watering system. i hand water and feed every 2/3 days.

@Lux_Interiorthe pellets would be ideal for you. Blumats optional, but hand watering plain water is pretty easy. The money you’ll save not buying an e.c truncheon or ph pen will justify the cost of the pellets. Hand watering will also mean less wasted water due to no runoff needed, just keep the coco damp. 🪴🪄👍🏼

• Like 3

@Slippy One

Still trying to piece together my order for my blumats, but im getting a bit confused - are the carrots the sensors and the drippers all in one? 

At present I have the starter set in my basket which comprises of:

• 12 Tropf-Blumats
  • 7 m supply hose
  • 1 angle piece
  • 1 end piece
  • 1 tube branch
  • 1 T-piece
  • 1 hose connection
  • 1 high tank connection

Ive also added in an additional 2x shut off vavles (one for immediately after the tank connector, and one for the end of the line for air).

Then ive added 10x Tropf-Blumat "Maxis" as i'll be running 10 pots and I was thinking to have 1 big and 1 small carrot per pot, at least to start with.. What im confused about is how much extra fittings and pipe to order

• Like 2

Yep, that’ll work. A deep carrot 🥕 with 1 regular carrot in each pot will be perfect. They do line drippers that allow each carrot to have extra drippers attached if that’s what you mean. The water control valve is in the carrot itself, the drippers are just slaves to the carrots. You’ll just need some extra 4mm hose. Be prepared for any runoff carrots by plumbing in a drain to prevent any headaches, as the Blumats have a bit of a learning curve to dial in. Another thing to know is that the carrots aren’t smart, so a bit of manual micro-adjustments will be needed as the plants needs change.. good luck. I’m only doing 1 pot with Blumats,  multiple pots may need more work so make sure you can easily reach the carrots to avoid disasters. 🫡

• Like 2

@Slippy One

Been having a look on the web and have come across the ecowitt WH51 wireless soil moisture sensor, which also works with wifi, have you ever looked in to adding something like this to monitor the blumats?

@leafstanot really necessary for me, I’m happy to look after the Blumat tweaks manually. It’s literally the only job I have each grow apart from top up the res every 2 weeks.. I find the blumats need minor adjustments every 3/4 days as the plants drinks more/less.. 👍🏼

• Like 1

These pellets, how well do they work with light feeding plants? Not every plant wants the same food strength so how do they work in that respect? 

@gm420This cycle has 25% more food than specified, and no signs of burning or shock. I think the plants only eat what they need so give it a whirl with your strains. I do recommend to have some familiar liquid feed if you under-dose, that way you can top them up if they look pale near the end. So from experience, upping the food won't harm anything but the costs. :D 

• Like 2

just been doing a bit of reading on beanstalk and i came across this..

Absolute Flower should be applied 90 days prior to the intended harvest date

😕

Posted (edited)

lol 3 months is enough man. Unless you're growing 36 week Malawian Sativas? lol 

It's a flowering nutrient, designed for the final pot up for lazy cunts like me who would rather spend most evenings blazing on the couch instead of bent over a bunch of plants. 

Edited by Slippy One
  • Like 4

On 27/02/2024 at 06:11, Slippy One said:

but hand watering plain water is pretty easy.

duh, ok

The money you’ll save not buying an e.c truncheon or ph pen will justify the cost of the pellets.

really? i worked it out and found it was quite pricey as i would have needed the calcium pellets also.

so you were being truthful when you said you worked for the company? lol

• Haha 1