Changing to LED

cortez

Class mate I know what my next project is then. I'll rig a frame up for my 80cm flower tent using the scope that's already in there and the migro I'm currently using in the veg cab and swap out the strips on the other scope for the 5000k for veg. That would kill two birds with one stone for me.

Do you think it's best to swap all the strips or leave a couple of the ones that came with the scope?  

• Like 1

Swap them all. Adam said it’s not great to have multiple strips of differing colours on the same driver. It’s pretty cheap compared to a new light. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Flamedodger said:

Being bars, you can put the fans above the lights if needed and blow air through them. My Par+240 seems a bit too focused for my space and needs a bit of distance. I like the fact I don’t have to go out and spend another £240+ on another light, I will buy another array 2 to make it a 4. There’s not many lights on the market you can do that with :yep:

Different selling points I guess :yep:,

I almost bought the Array 3 when they first came out at letgrowlights. Then almost went with the Lumatek, but I fanny'd around about my decision for so long that the light ended up going with came out lol

For me upgrading ain't a priority to me as I don't plan to get a bigger tent, so performance is my top priority.

But with any grow light you can just buy another one and stick it in the new bigger space, example having a board for a 60x60 then you get a 60x120 tent you can buy another board and run them side by side, no need for modular system when we pretty much already have that option. Not really that much of a unique selling point when you think about it.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Different selling points I guess :yep:,

I almost bought the Array 3 when they first came out at letgrowlights. Then almost went with the Lumatek, but I fanny'd around about my decision for so long that the light ended up going with came out lol

For me upgrading ain't a priority to me as I don't plan to get a bigger tent, so performance is my top priority.

But with any grow light you can just buy another one and stick it in the new bigger space, example having a board for a 60x60 then you get a 60x120 tent you can buy another board and run them side by side, no need for modular system when we pretty much already have that option. Not really that much of a unique selling point when you think about it.

I get where you’re coming from, I bought a Par+ for performance, it was great in the tent, but it just seems I have to have it so high up, since I built my box. Plus my grow skills are probably not up to high powered lights either lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Flamedodger said:

I get where you’re coming from, I bought a Par+ for performance, it was great in the tent, but it just seems I have to have it so high up, since I built my box. Plus my grow skills are probably not up to high powered lights either lol

The Par+ has a built in dimmer from memory. Why are you putting it up so far? I can recommend a Uni-T light meter if you don't want to guess the actual par of your Par+. :yep:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slippy One said:

The Par+ has a built in dimmer from memory. Why are you putting it up so far? I can recommend a Uni-T light meter if you don't want to guess the actual par of your Par+. :yep:

I’m using Photone, I’m not guessing. I’ve had some light damage on my present crop with the light 20cm + from canopy. Partly my mistake for not scrogging quick enough lol  and not turning down the light, but it wasn’t so close as you would think to check, if you know what I mean. It’s backed off to about 170w at the mo, so don’t feel I’m getting full use of its power.. I’ve just flowered some plants under the Array2  at full power in a tiny space with plant height much lower, so think I’ll join another to put over the bigger space for a better light spread and I can use the Par+ in my veg tent and can also serve as a backup light :yep:

Par this par that what a load of bollox....cannabis can never have to much light lol my chamber was 1.4 square meter and I ran 860 watts of LED in there without any issues... and on the HID front I'd run 1200 watts full melt with no light burn issue's lol all this faff about par meters wernt about in 1984 tbh to much light for dope cmon lol  fuckin laffable lol  your has a few spots ....light burn.....a few wrinkles....light burn fuk me try blaming a bad grower/ clueless young so called hippies imho.:sleep1:

Edited by thekingofobsolete
Clueless hippies
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I went for Mars Hydro lights for no other reason than I got sick of researching and comparing different systems and came to the conclusion that most of the popular companies products appear very similar (once you've discounted the blatant/ contradicting lies regarding performance)

Only had one issue to date - lights would power down for 10 seconds then re-start on occasion. Contacted Mars Hydro. Got back to me the next day....turns out it was user error. No complaints regarding the after sales customer service.

Main lights are FC E4800 and seem to work really well. 

large.64fdb9d81c6f3_cbd109235.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, thekingofobsolete said:

clueless young so called hippies imho

Grew my first weed in 1985, I’ll give you the hippie bit tho lol

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Flamedodger said:

Christ I was born in 83 lol

Running a par plus 480w led vs 600w hps atm ,6 weeks to go

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 2

On 06/12/2023 at 1:50 PM, Flamedodger said:

Well aye ew get these long haired fukas going about the gaff these days tooting a spliff listening to Ed fuking sheeran thinking they hippies :yep:  then they start growing half oz plants thinking they are edgar Broughton lol   I'd love to slap a few around the earhole lol

• Like 3

You wanna get yourself a Kingbrite 240w Quantum Board 3500k kit. I got mine for $155 USD shipped and they also managed to accidentally send me two kits lol. I've had them for about 4 years now been running perfect, growth is way better than HPS, barely any heat off them. Just because there from china don't be afraid, they perform as good as the rest.

• Like 1