Changing to LED

cortez

Bit of help please......

I have a 1m x 1m growroom, and I want to change to LED's.

Has anyone any recomendations of which make of lights to consider?

I've been looking at Lumatec and Maxibright, but it would be helpfull to get some opinions from others who use them.

• Like 1

A Migro 4x4 has a physical footprint of 1mx1m. That will give you wall to wall light and the option to use a 1.2m tent later if you wish. It's 500w, you won't be using full power in a 1m tent. The controller is remote wired and can be outside the tent.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 4

Just now, catweazle1 said:

A Migro 4x4 has a physical footprint of 1mx1m. That will give you wall to wall light and the option to use a 1.2m tent later if you wish.

I was considering the Lumatek Zeus 465w, which would fit wall to wall, but I wasnt sure going wall to wall was agood idea. 

I haven't used the lights you mentioned so can't comment on them.

I use a par + 480 and a couple of scopes from diyled but they have shut up shop. I also use a migro aray in my veg cab, never used it for flower but I'm sure it would be up to the job.

There's a lot of options for leds at the min, just a matter of finding something that suits your space and budget really.

I'd check out migro or control led, I'll be going for a control led when I'm due an upgrade in a couple of years.

You want to go wall to wall if possible, it will give you better coverage. I prefer my scope stripes from that point of view over the par + board style although the par + has a better spectrum.

Good luck with your search :smokin:

• Like 2

Just now, catweazle1 said:

I don't think there's any negatives. The heat off the fixture isn't hot enough to cause damage to the tent walls.

It's a pupose built room not a tent, and it's 1m x 1.5m, so it would probably be fine.

Are you running a Migro?

Edited by cortez
  • Like 1

Just now, Hazeytones said:

I haven't used the lights you mentioned so can't comment on them.

I use a par + 480 and a couple of scopes from diyled but they have shut up shop. I also use a migro aray in my veg cab, never used it for flower but I'm sure it would be up to the job.

There's a lot of options for leds at the min, just a matter of finding something that suits your space and budget really.

I'd check out migro or control led, I'll be going for a control led when I'm due an upgrade in a couple of years.

You want to go wall to wall if possible, it will give you better coverage. I prefer my scope stripes from that point of view over the par + board style although the par + has a better spectrum.

Good luck with your search :smokin:

Thanks fella. I'll check them out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cortez said:

It's a pupose built room not a tent, and it's 1m x 1.5m, so it would probably be fine.

Are you running a Migro?

Yes. I have a Par+465, Lumatek 300, Scopex 350 as well. My next grow, I will using a 250w HPS in the centre of the Migro to push it more into the red. If the outcome is positive my next LED will be a ControLED most likely. The evolution of LEDs is towards increasing the longer available wavelengths.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

I’d buy from a known brand that’s been around over five years or so . Some go under before your “warranty “ expires leaving you high and dry . Not sure if maxibright are ok now ? They shut shop for a bit irc. 

• Like 5

Just now, Arthur Mix said:

Not sure if maxibright are ok now ? They shut shop for a bit irc. 

Highlight Horticulture bought the brand, stock and I would at this point assume manufacturing contracts too - Maxi are a pretty safe bet again these days tbh. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

Yes. I have a Par+465, Lumatek 300, Scopex 350 as well. My next grow, I will using a 250w HPS in the centre of the Migro to push it more into the red. If the outcome is positive my next LED will be a ControLED most likely. The evolution of LEDs is towards increasing the longer available wavelengths.

What yield your pulling out of par plus if you used it on its own? I always use it along with hps so can't say @catweazle1

Edited by Herbal Kint

13 hours ago, cortez said:

Are you running a Migro?

It's a tricky space to fill completely. I know because it's more or less the same size as the one I'm building now. Ideally, it would have an AC Infinity Ionframe Evo 3 and Evo 4, just love the look of their spectrum, UV, IR, and Samsung LM301H Evo diodes.

Control LED, PAR+Pro and even an array of Viparspectra XS1500 Pros all all excellent options.

My Scope has died on me now but the coverage of these bar fixtures is outstanding, and lots of the latest ones have algorithmically positioned diodes for more even coverage, lots to consider. 

• Like 1

If you're on a budget MarsHydro TS series off AliEx site is a great start. 

Just remember, the taxes aren't included in the final price until you check out.

They seem to have "offers" on at the moment.

Will get the job done , for the right price.. 

I have the bar version too but my 480w TS series knocked out 22z in a 1.2m tent the first time I used it. 

Bud quality improved dramatically. (I was using Son-T bulbs before)

:yinyang:

• Like 1

The hlg Diablo 320 irc covers the area required by @cortez I got mine to cover 800x1200 and it’s specced to do 3ft by 5 ft so is almost a perfect fit. Have had no issues with it and hardly use full power . Imho one of those and a single board would be my choice for your area and dialled down .:oldtoker:

• Like 2