Changing to LED

cortez

3 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

What yield your pulling out of par plus if you used it on its own? I always use it along with hps so can't say @catweazle1

I don't notice a lot of difference between any of them because my set ups vary according to need. The tent-filling bar lights are the best I would say for yield.

• Like 1

Seems like the "Bar Type" LED's have hit a point where they are all within a similar area for PAR / cost etc. Probably more down to a few of the other factors, size, footprint etc etc.

Cant say just yet, but I think Migro are really good. The guys know their stuff thats for sure, and the units are priced about as well as can be for what your getting.

Lumatek I can comment on as I've used a few of their LED's. They're great lights, really solid. But I think the Migor lights just have a better value for money, plus they guys are always quick to answer any Q's you may have as well as help you with what light might best suit your area. TBH I've not come across a better company currently selling LED's in terms of customer service, and the guys that use them here all say they are spot on lights.

• Like 3

I would advise against Maxibright, or whatever they are called now.

Awful customer service from them on more than one occasion due to two items that stopped working by no fault of my own.

They basically made it as hard as they could to get me a replacement.

Lumatek on the other hand. Great customer service and aftercare assistance.

• Like 2

Wait til spring. Unless your living somewhere tropical. I've a Zeus 465 and my only complaint is the lack of heat.......

• Like 1

Just now, Mr mcgregor said:

Wait til spring. Unless your living somewhere tropical. I've a Zeus 465 and my only complaint is the lack of heat.......

I'm in the UK and use a CDM light at present, which gives off half the heat of an HID but I still had problems with heat/bugs last summer and it wasn't a hot summer! It's one of the reasons I want to swap to LED.

A winter grow under LED will be a challenge/interesting.... 

• Like 1

You just need to look at things a bit differently, swapping your extraction around is a good start so your intake is up high and your filter is on the floor. 

My new space is the same size as yours, well nearly 1.2 x 1.5 custom built room made with timber frame with 50mm insulation board, make sure you insulate if your going to go with leds. I have a 3x3 bed under a par+480 and my filter on the floor in the gap infront of the bed, the 480 covers the bed no problem but I'd rather have the bar leds wall to wall for better coverage and efficiency. If it was wall to wall strips I'd be able to run the light closer to the plants dimmed down a bit more saving another bit bit on electricity.:smokin:

• Like 2

Another :yep: for Migro. I have an array 2 which I shall be upgrading to a 4 soon. You can get them pretty close to the canopy. Message them for advice, they always reply ime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cortez said:

I'm in the UK and use a CDM light at present, which gives off half the heat of an HID

Are you certain? I swopped my 400w hid to a 315cmh (thats a cdm right?) and don't notice much difference. Apart from the ridiculous price of bulbs lol It's only for the veg tent, I don't know why I bothered really.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KC said:

Are you certain? I swopped my 400w hid to a 315cmh (thats a cdm right?) and don't notice much difference. Apart from the ridiculous price of bulbs lol It's only for the veg tent, I don't know why I bothered really.

Doesn't the cdm give you shorter plants relatively?

Chuck your led in the bin,then buy a decent lamp called a HID :yes: led lamps are crappo trust me I've tried a few  halide for veg,HPS for flower and i stand on this statement lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flamedodger said:

I have an array 2

I thought their par map is a bit underwhelming even when hanged at 8inchs, also having it that close limits the options for Oscillating fans between the light and the canopy in the smaller tents it's aim at.

Edited by Military Grade
spelling

5 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

Doesn't the cdm give you shorter plants relatively?

I used to use Phillips hpi t which are 4500k, the phillips cmh is 4200k i think, not much different except for the money imo. Flowering might be a different story but for vegging I think i wasted my money.

• Like 2

I'm surprised, I was going to change to cmh a few years back after wasting my money on crap blurple leds at the time. I always thought that cmh was supposed to be really good for veg. I held off and changed to led about 5 years ago and haven't looked back. There was a bit of a learning curve at the start but once you see what these lights can do and the quality in the end product, there's no going back for me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Military Grade said:

I thought their par map is a bit underwhelming even when hanged at 8inchs, also having it that close limits the options for Oscillating fans between the light and the canopy in the smaller tents it's aim at.

Being bars, you can put the fans above the lights if needed and blow air through them. My Par+240 seems a bit too focused for my space and needs a bit of distance. I like the fact I don’t have to go out and spend another £240+ on another light, I will buy another array 2 to make it a 4. There’s not many lights on the market you can do that with :yep:

• Like 4