ready?

big-s

16 minutes ago, kerser said:

You're right the last bit of my post wasn't needed and I agree he probably means we'll but I just think it's unnecessary to tell new growers like myself to quit what ur doing and start again.......over and over again...

That's just my opinion and I knew I would ruffle feathers making that post but it had to be said

Let's all just play nice is what i was trying to get across bro.. trust me when I tell you he is deffo 1 of our more respectful members, wait till you meet the whole crew lollol

I get the point you make but sometimes solid advice is ofen repeated multiple times to multiple folk.

I didn't read the part where scrapping the grow and starting again was mentioned mind.

Let's just all have a banger and get baked :skin_up:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Revive said:

scrapping the grow and starting again

It's something that can and does get recommended when certain failing grows would cause misery and heartache

if they struggled on with a lost cause...not to mention the waste of money...been there and done that...:ouch::rofl:

• Like 4

@kerser I felt that my opening post to you was quite an honest opinion,

that I took time to answer to help you,

gained over multiple years of growing and following the canna world.

I didn’t suggest cutting down plants halfway through a grow.

No need for anyone to become upset :) 

If you don’t like what I have to say,

please just pop me on ignore :yep:

Just because Cannabis has brought us together doesn’t mean we are gonna be buddies :cheers:

No hard feelings here.

Back to the topic :D

Yeah get her chopped @big-s

Get it hung upside down,

turn the extraction right down and stop any oscillating fans from oscillating,

just point them towards the corner of the room :) 

Try to keep temps below 20C.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, stu914 said:

It's something that can and does get recommended when certain failing grows would cause misery and heartache

if they struggled on with a lost cause...not to mention the waste of money...been there and done that...:ouch::rofl:

I hear that stu i just didn't recall reading that part..makes perfect sense once you been in the game a while and have experienced watching a shit show get even shitter,  its prolonged agony bro :russian:

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Revive said:

didn't recall reading that part.

Not in this thread but it's certainly been mentioned in others...:yep:

• Like 4

Off with their heads!!!

I mean the plants of course lol 

Keep a keen eye out for any mould when chopping and then try and keep the temps around 16c - 18c. The humidity will spike in the drying area once cut but it will slowly drop over 7-14 days of drying. 

Personally this is where I would take all the buds off the stems and put them in shoeboxes or paper bags for 3-4 days before jarring for the cure. 

Everyone has their own way of drying and most work ok. Then there is the converted wine cooler method which seems to be all the rage. 

Enjoy the fruits of your labour, not bad for a first go :punk:

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 6

Better than most of us for a first grow mate good job. 

I had the brown curly shit going on for a while. 

I figure its because I was letting pots dry out too much in between waterings and that messed up the pH causing lockout and nute buildup in root zone.

There's a learning curve to watering and I dunno about soil but in coco you wanna never let them dry out and make sure getting enough waterings. 

I haven't read the thread much but your temps might be high causing faster transpiration... making your root zone dry out too quick to absorb the nutes. 

You'll get it bang on after a couple grows! Keep at it! 

• Like 2

Imho if ya don't chop them ASAP ew gonna encounter big mold issues as the dope is clearly half starved and ya colas will rot overnight :yes:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Axiom said:

Better than most of us for a first grow mate good job. 

I had the brown curly shit going on for a while. 

I figure its because I was letting pots dry out too much in between waterings and that messed up the pH causing lockout and nute buildup in root zone.

There's a learning curve to watering and I dunno about soil but in coco you wanna never let them dry out and make sure getting enough waterings. 

I haven't read the thread much but your temps might be high causing faster transpiration... making your root zone dry out too quick to absorb the nutes. 

You'll get it bang on after a couple grows! Keep at it! 

this makes sense as when it was flowering i was struggling to keep them wet would water everyday but couldnt have a set time due to work also one of the plants has some roots showing on the top off soil so perhaps i didn add enough soil to the pots

but getting chopped today once the house is empty hahaha

11 hours ago, Revive said:

I hear that stu i just didn't recall reading that part..makes perfect sense once you been in the game a while and have experienced watching a shit show get even shitter,  its prolonged agony bro :russian:

rip the plaster off fast

• Like 1

On 22/11/2023 at 6:02 PM, kerser said:

You're right the last bit of my post wasn't needed and I agree he probably means we'll but I just think it's unnecessary to tell new growers like myself to quit what ur doing and start again.......over and over again...

That's just my opinion and I knew I would ruffle feathers making that post but it had to be said

the trouble is that seasoned growers know some of the basics such as this little snippet. 

“it’s easier to correct an underfed plant than it is to correct an overfed plant”. 

this one sentence has helped me no end over the years. 

the OP is nearly at the end of his grow. 

could it be better? Ofcourse. 

is it still good for a first time. Definitely. 

Sometimes when it comes to typed words in the internet it’s difficult to assume a tone when those words are being read. 

Other times growers need to cut their losses and toss a grow if it’s not salvageable or going to take too long to correct. 

Even more so when doing autos as you have a very small window for corrections. 

• Like 4

On 23/11/2023 at 9:51 AM, big-s said:

this makes sense as when it was flowering i was struggling to keep them wet would water everyday but couldnt have a set time due to work also one of the plants has some roots showing on the top off soil so perhaps i didn add enough soil to the pots

but getting chopped today once the house is empty hahaha

When they're underfed they'll drink more and swell up (which can be a good thing- if you're pots don't dry out to dust every time and thy get enough food after.) 

Make sure its not too hot in there too.. 

Roots reaching the top is a sign of vigorous growth and is something you should strive for. Fully rooted pots go apeshit full throttle.
Took me years to get over the wet dry cycle bollocks.. I assume it's one of the reasons that drip feeding clan get great results. Keep the moisture access.

Good luck in the years ahead bro. Sticky fingers ain't no joke it's hard to give up this hobby even if you want to.

I just met the woman of my dreams. I'm totally fucked and don't know what to do. lol   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

so after 2 and half week dry and 3 days off trimming (fk my life) i ended up with 1000g off strawberry off 5 plants and 750g cookie off 5 plants concidering my lack of experience i dont think that was too bad. have got all posotive reviews back although the cookie isnt very strong.

am looking at growing photos next any recomendation on strain brand flavours ect there is soooo many

large.dryed6.jpglarge.dryed4.jpglarge.dryed3.jpglarge.dryed2.jpglarge.dryed1.jpg

• Like 4

Pineapple Express 2 is very forgiving and I've done 3 runs of it in a row if that gives you any guidance...

I may have limited experience, but I've grown quite a few strains and I would say none of them match the hybrid vigour of PE2. .. it just wants to burst open. 

• Like 1