Greenhouse Seeds - Let's face it

Amnesialocal

Not sure if you saw the strain hunter episode done in Africa. Please have a look.

Apparently they are all cultivating "exodus Cheese" ( GHS:) over there, as here in the '90.

• Like 1

Is it good that people/communities who’ve grown landraces for millennia get given feminised seeds and told here,

these are much better than that crap you grow normally?

After they’ve been around the landraces picking and choosing seeds for their breeding programs :wanker:

So now landraces are being lost to shitty fems from the cunt kings of cannabis :wallbash:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

Not sure if you saw the strain hunter episode done in Africa. Please have a look.

Apparently they are all cultivating "exodus Cheese" ( GHS:) over there, as here in the '90.

I wasn't see any of it but i think i'll start waching one of the days when i am not so busy

12 minutes ago, Norbinyo said:

i'll start waching one of the days

It'll boil yer piss mate , shocking behaviour from GHS.

• Like 5

Just now, BilgePump said:

It'll boil yer piss mate , shocking behaviour from GHS.

You're totally right but if ghs didn't do it someone else would. It's literally the business model of big agriculture. Why would anyone stop it happening with cannabis when it's happened with almost every other crop worldwide. Arjan is a fame hungry businessman mascarading as a cannabis enthusiast, he has no morals.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Shumroom said:

So now landraces are being lost to shitty fems from the cunt kings of cannabis :wallbash:

It's not just him. It's the era we live in. All the traditional farmers have the internet and easy access to modern seeds and they want paid like everyone else. The promise of high yields, high THC content and quick flowering times make ditching the landraces an attractive idea. If you watch YouTube videos of farmers in Jamaica, Thailand etc they are all in about Skunks and Kushes. The Rifman Moroccan hashes sold all over Holland in the coffee shops have been made from Amnesia and other Dutch strains for 2 decades. Same with the hashes sold on the dark web from traditional hash producing countries like Nepal and India, they're even using bubble bags nowadays. It's pretty sad to see to be honest. Thank fuck we have people like Namkha around.

• Like 3

Just now, Shumroom said:

I don't know who that is.

Namkha is the owner of The Real Seed Company. Pretty much the only seed company with a main objective to collect and preserve land races from around the globe. He was an active and respected member here, don't think he posts anymore though. He had seeds from everywhere, Egypt to the Himalayas. 

• Like 1

Just now, Shogun said:

Namkha is the owner of The Real Seed Company. Pretty much the only seed company with a main objective to collect and preserve land races from around the globe. He was an active and respected member here, don't think he posts anymore though. He had seeds from everywhere, Egypt to the Himalayas. 

I think Landrace Warden attempt the same kind of thing? More power to their elbows.  They tread lands that others would fear to traverse....

• Like 1

to be fair, thier super lemon haze was a cracking strain, ....................................................about 15 years ago.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

to be fair, thier super lemon haze was a cracking strain, ....................................................about 15 years ago.

Does anyone know what the original package looked like for their SLH, had mine for years but never got a definitive answer off anyone

• Like 1

This topic of landraces is something I personally don't have so clear.

I don't think strain like Acapulco gold, Sinai, traditional Nigerian, marroccon are true landraces. Neither 50 years ago there were real landraces.

Where there is culture of cannabis, always there has been crosses which have produced plants that adapted to a specif environment becoming autochthonous ( local,aborigen,Wild...not sure which term to use).

But plants without genetic interaction ( and the genitc pool of cannabis is very big), with a genotype and genomic identic for century, to me only happened before our kind arrived.

I guess is a topic to discuss.

Also I am personally not so shocked to see what is happening around.

How many of us are cultivating landraces instead of buying the latest more developed and crossed strains?

How many of us start breeding ( pollen chuckikg) with landraces?

How many have developed landraces crossed to create a landrace where doesn't exist?

• Like 1