Greenhouse Seeds - Let's face it

Amnesialocal

I used greenhouse seeds years ago and I can’t remember very well what they turned out like I think for the time they were ok but I do grow seeds from USA. Maybe the Netherlands hasn’t needed to keep up with their breeding up until now because I bet there sales are down.peace Goohfy.

I grew out Strain Hunters El Niño x Super Lemon Haze and it was shite. I wouldn't even grow anything else from them even if it was free. Shame as well as I loved a pheno found in seed stock from around 1998 when they won the cup, with El Nino. I suppose Shanti (mr nice seeds) created that though really.

Did they even release anything under the strain hunters branding that was actually from the seeds they collected? :unsure:

Some of the smoke was good in the coffee shop in the mid 2000s. I wasn't a fan of Franco though, right up his own arse and Arjan was even worse. They were making millions though, it happens dunit lol

There was better "skunk" in the UK in early 2000s than was available in Amsterdam shops if you ask me, they beat us hands down with those frankincense Hazes though lol

Now we are left with "flavours", but everyone hunting for those road kill skunk and frankincense haze terps lol

Miles better seed banks out there if you ask me, they are just a brand name now really and couldn't care less about quality.

Is Arjan still selling his bobbleheads? lol

https://youtu.be/dUS0MF_9FcM?si=FYXM0nlP5q3NROwL

Edited by -=DrGreenThumb=-
  • Like 2

Think GHS have always been one of the stand out contenders due to their branding and marketing. As much as I fucking hate that stuff, I guess it’s fair to say they took the window of opportunity and nailed it. The “king of cannabis” maybe not, the king of consumer capitalism, possibly.. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

super lemon haze was good, ................................................................about 15 years ago.....

White Widow, super lemon haze, super silver haze, Hawaiian snow, white rhino....they were terrific at that time. I can't remember a Better sativa than super silver haze....( And this tell you how little I tried)

Although in a bit dirty marketing way, one of the original first white widow was a GH...before sensi,Dutch,etc,etc.

And honestly I guess that are still nowadays excellent genetics. Old genetics like the white widow, but does this matter?

Don't we like still the old skunks, blues,haze,etc? I still love Dutch,sensi,paradise original base strains.

My question again in this concern would be if GH has still these genetics... And if nowadays you have quality genetics when buying from them.

For sure there is little development to their work in the last 30 years and in my opinion very little control over their genetics after Franco.

Please apologies me but my first tentative of growing outdoor has been with their beans ( white widow, jack Herrer, Hawaiian snow). WW and JH didn't pop out and H was supposed to be ready in middle/end of October (11-12w flowering)as per GH webpage. She's started flowering on the second week of September outdoor!!!!! Expecting to finish flowering in ....December?

Eated completely by mould in week 4 :(

3 beans ( all I had) and absolutely nothing back. Of course I won't never buy from them again..but it's a pity breeders like this (and lot more out there) that are more interested to marketing and selling then quality and development.

• Like 4

Shanti took his plants with him when he left and now Franco is dead there's nothing good left in GHS. Just my opinion.

Here's a little bit of history from nearer the time:

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, NezA said:

Shanti took his plants with him when he left and now Franco is dead there's nothing good left in GHS. Just my opinion.

Here's a little bit of history from nearer the time:

Why I don't see links? It because I am a baby member?

Trouble is a lot of people just parrot stuff they read! 

I run greenhouse stuff early in into my grow life nigh on 2 decades ago and it wasn't the best results, but truth be told that was a long time ago and   I haven't got a clue what their like these days, its no good just parroting stuff people were saying more than a decade ago unless you tried them recently is it, that's just sillyness!

I did have a look at their catalogue last week funny enough and they have a lot of new stuff the same as everybody else has really, but I haven't run anything from them for donkeys so I don't really know much about them these days.

But I imagine it's all pretty much the same as the next bank these days, especially the fems!

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 4

Could be 2 decades ago for all I care, if you act like that you could have the best seeds on the market and I still wouldn't buy them.

Plenty of other decent breeders without egos doing proper work that deserve my hard earned far more.

Just my 2p

• Like 9

17 hours ago, badbillybob said:

super lemon haze was good, ................................................................about 15 years ago.....

I remember thinking at the time the slh sounds nice i’ll need to give it a go, I bought a pick n mix seed, planted it and it turned out to be as you said mate, good being an understatement.. it was fucking incredible :george: took a good 14-15 weeks to finish but shiiiit.. 

Greenhouse super silver haze was actually ‘jack herer’ ? 

• Like 3

The only thing Arsejan is king of is ego. That coupled with his gallivanting all over the world fucking things up as @Arthur Mix mentioned (which is part of the same thing, his fucking planet-sized ego) puts me off ever even considering paying them a brass farthing for their seeds, don't care if they live up to the hype (which they won't, nothing can).

E2A And as far as the awards they have 'won' goes I'd just say that the cannabis industry is like any other insofar as so-called 'awards' are generally bought and paid for...

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 4

I have a friend who persists with GH. Not every grow thankfully, but enough for me to feel confident in saying dont bother your arse. Anything good from way back left when shanti did. Used to be a good chance youd get something st least worth growing again iut of a pack or two. These days youd have to go through thousands I reckon. Just not worth the price of beans plus valuable grow space.

E2a that's without even getting into the business ethics and delusions of grandeur lol

Edited by Cambium
  • Like 3