Greenhouse Seeds - Let's face it

Amnesialocal

On 11/11/2023 at 10:02 AM, blerie420 said:

strain hunter videos on YouTube

I did enjoy them until I realised they were handing out their strains to the farmers they visited, not exactly a good idea in terms of preserving the unique "landrace" genetics which was supposedly what the whole idea was about :doh:. Iirc In one of them you can see the guy quite obviously trying to show that some of the genetics they'd given him had hermied and they just brush over it. Fuck the lot of them. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 7

@MindSoup which one was that again? I vaguely remember it lol

No doubt I was shouting at the TV. 

It's a shame cos with all their resources they could do something incredible but all they do is try and franchise their genetics and throw in a t shirt. All reeks of advertising

Hi,I just ordered some jack herer from them to do some s.o.g so we will see what gh seeds can do.It should be arrive after tomorrow and go straight to towel:cowboy:

But i will do diary of it.

36 minutes ago, Norbinyo said:

Hi,I just ordered some jack herer from them to do some s.o.g so we will see what gh seeds can do.It should be arrive after tomorrow and go straight to towel:cowboy:

But i will do diary of it.

Good N!!

Auto or photo? 

Maybe you will open a grow diary for it or let us know.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Amnesialocal said:

Good N!!

Auto or photo? 

Maybe you will open a grow diary for it or let us know.

Photo,i will make 9 in 3,5l pot i'll leave them about 4week veg after flip to flower.When i flip to flower ater about 4-week's when my first grow in a big tent finish i gonna take there under the big light.I will do diary with setup info etc..The thing is my ass was itched cuse my propagation tent is empty that is 60cmx60cmx90cm so i thought all right lets try that s.o.g thing.

3 hours ago, MindSoup said:

I did enjoy them until I realised they were handing out their strains to the farmers they visited, not exactly a good idea in terms of preserving the unique "landrace" genetics which was supposedly what the whole idea was about :doh:. Iirc In one of them you can see the guy quite obviously trying to show that some of the genetics they'd given him had hermied and they just brush over it. Fuck the lot of them. 

Not completely sure they were Hermies.

I understood GH was firstly cultivating outdoor their genetics in several countries ( sometime on the same origin place where the Mather strain was generated) but also and mainly breeding outdoor strains.

I remember as well an episode were they were looking for seeds in landrace Hermies plants to bring with them as landrace genetics. Or maybe was a seed of one of their plant crossed on there with a landrace and they brought back the seeds....I don't remember actually.

Green House seeds haven't been any good for 20 years or so if you want to find ww or rhino, ssh,cheese (which was just a pheno of skunk1) go to Mr Nice seeds

Very first grow i did was ghs lemon skunk out of the pack i got 2 to sprout the rest were d.o.a of the 2 one was wank one was cuntin strong and would have been worth a cut had i had any clue back then lol was still enough to put me off givin em my hard earned again tho

And learning more about arsejams ethics here just confirmed that for me :yep:

• Like 2

I had some of my biggest buds from GHS back in the day....

They were massive buds of  hay!! :puke: :fart:

Haven't used them since the mid 2000s but who knows what their like these days, don't really see or hear of anyone growing them, his sales must have took a massive hit over the years.

• Like 2

Super silver haze (as in a commercial cutting that stayed about for years) back in the the early 2000s was absolutely amazing.

I’d eat a seizable piece of shit for an ounce of that nowadays.

white widow, white rhino were top notch but that was decades ago.

I doubt greenhouse has any original mothers, I doubt greenhouse even bother to grow plants anymore. Could be wrong though.

Edited by LA LUNA
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a freebie from tude' which is Greenhouse Seeds Full Gas. I have never heard of it but have just had a peek and it's a cross of Exodus Cheese x Sherbert Og. Sounds like a nice cross but nobody seems to have a shred of faith in the company anymore so whether I'll trust it or not I doubt. Peace. 

Id bet Greenhouse seeds are just selling the same white label stuff from spain as everyone else these days.

Ive nothing to base that on, but he seems like the kinda guy who will take the quickest route possible and if you can buy them in for pennies why bother breeding them anymore.

I agree with all your comments.

My notes for Hawaiian Snow ( Hawaiian sativa X Laos).

- incredible long flowering time ( over 12weeks).

- Hermie on the last weeks of flowering ( stressed a lot out and in) but hermies where more ( in my opinion) for the survival of the plant itself ( i wil check how many seeds).

- pre test ( for science purposes): intense high, very sativa clean smell ( no lemony, no gassy)

- dense compact resin buds ( very small, but that's me )

I will try in Amsterdam as opportunity arises

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 0:41 PM, Amnesialocal said:

My notes for Hawaiian Snow ( Hawaiian sativa X Laos).

Hawaiian Snow was my go to strain for a while when I lived in Amsterdam. It had a cat piss aroma, not necessarily the most inviting aroma but the high was unique as fuck, very uplifting and bright. I tried growing the greenhouse Hawaiian snow seeds a decade later and got big lanky hemp plants.

Greenhouse seeds have always been hit or miss for me. I've had some total fucking disasters from ghs but I've also had some absolutely gorgeous plants from them. Nothing has ever beaten Arjans Haze#3 when it comes to yield, I was way over the gram per wat with Arjans Haze. Lemon Skunk is to this day the strongest bud I've ever grown. And the rare pink strawberry pheno of Super Lemon Haze is one of the nicest surprises I've found in a pack of seeds.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Shogun said:

Hawaiian Snow was my go to strain for a while when I lived in Amsterdam. It had a cat piss aroma, not necessarily the most inviting aroma but the high was unique as fuck, very uplifting and bright. I tried growing the greenhouse Hawaiian snow seeds a decade later and got big lanky hemp plants.

Greenhouse seeds have always been hit or miss for me. I've had some total fucking disasters from ghs but I've also had some absolutely gorgeous plants from them. Nothing has ever beaten Arjans Haze#3 when it comes to yield, I was way over the gram per wat with Arjans Haze. Lemon Skunk is to this day the strongest bud I've ever grown. And the rare pink strawberry pheno of Super Lemon Haze is one of the nicest surprises I've found in a pack of seeds.

The definition of piss of cat is quite accurate...not exactly the same, but definitely there is an acid aroma. During flowering until week 7-8 ( over 11-14) is more citrus ( lemon acid), but after become more intense.

The high is very interesting.

It is incredibly bright as you mention, very clear. Although it affects a lot the vision and space perception, particularly geolocation.

The specimen I had was always affected by spider mite since the beginning.

To be continue....

• Like 1