Best flowering boosters?

IrishBob97

On 07/11/2023 at 9:24 PM, Goohfy said:

Does anyone think a plant knows the difference between synthetic and organic are the molecules different ect.

in real terms no the plant doesn’t know the difference with ionic uptake between organic and synthetic. 

a plant uptakes ions when it comes to nutrients. 

synthetic ions can be uptaken without any conversion. 

organic nutrients, the ionic conversion has to happen within the bioherd before uptake. 

however that doesn’t mean that the 2 are exactly the same though. 

such as Synthetic versus organic PGR’s. 

a lot of synthetic PGR’s are known to be carcinogenic such as Paclobutrazol. 

where as the organic versions of PGR’s such as triacantanol and cytokinins have no known carcinogenic properties. 

• Like 7

Coincidentally yesterday I was reading a side by side comparison of a Haze strain grown with and without Canna Boost, with molasses, and Canna Boost plus molasses. The results were interesting. Canna Boost seems to speed up flowering, so the boosted plants finished faster and also produced trichomes faster. However, according to the grower, the plants fed just plain nutes were the strongest and best stone. The boosted plants plus molasses had the most complex terpenes, the plants without boost but with molasses had smaller buds but a very different terpene profile.

I can see the advantage of something like Canna Boost if you are growing long flowering sativas indoors. Finishing faster, so you might fit an extra crop in a year. Otherwise, probably not worth bothering if there's no hurry. As for molasses, it might help boost the biome in the soil. And it's cheap, just use black treacle or the molasses they give to horses and cattle. :yep:

• Like 7

Don’t discount if you want to make your own PK booster that you can purchase dry chemical

MKP - Mono Potassium Phosphate - KH2PO4

which is 0-52-34 NPK and can be mixed into distilled or deionised water (even tap water) at a ratio of 14g into 100ml and you’ve just made yourself a 100ml bottle of PK booster for pennies. 

mix ratio 1ml to 1L. 

• Like 7

So retardant or regulator ? Two types of pgr people never explain this along with the synthetic or organic

Edited by Arthur Mix
Add
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

So retardant or regulator ? Two types of pgr people never explain this along with the synthetic or organic

this will help if you want to know what to use for what aspect of growth you’re looking for. 

https://gardinwarehouse.com/blogs/garden-science/the-science-of-natural-and-synthetic-pgrs-plant-growth-regulators#:~:text=PGR compounds include Auxins%2C Gibberellins,critical roles in plant development.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arthur Mix said:

Most on here retarded maybe 70% and the rest use regulator but again that’s my personal take on this.Both work and I use both organic and mixed synthetic non residual.peace Goohfy.

Biosys from Ecothrive is a good all round booster for organic growing, it's sort of like a powdered root boost with loads of added beneficial micro organisms etc. seaweed, humics, aminos, carbs etc. Proper banging stuff :hippy:

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

On 11/11/2023 at 8:10 PM, Arthur Mix said:

@JonDaMon I don’t use it just pointing out that some may not know what’s what 

I think most mainly newish growers don’t have a clue and probably don’t read what is in the fancy super duper erm P.k and a few sugars.peace Goohfy.

Well it's day 21 of 12/12 and apart from a cold snap this week everything has been going okay I think.

Current feed is 3ml per litre of intense organix bloom and a tiny amount of mag (worked out to compensate for my tap water results)

Every 3rd feed I'll give 0.3ml per litre of roots excellurator

Ordered fulvic acid but it came damaged so waiting on another bottle.

large.Compress_20231119_151509_9241.jpglarge.Compress_20231119_151508_8662.jpglarge.Compress_20231119_151507_7887.jpglarge.Compress_20231119_151507_7505.jpg

IrishBob97 :bong:

• Like 8

Seaweed has loads of growth hormones in it if collecting and preparing yourself have a read up on the different types I.e kelp ect. I collect leave spread out for the rain to wash most of the salt then give 1 more finale wash then mow it so it shredded put seaweed in a onion sack then into a big tub I have pump going but you can give it a shake every day then use the juice dilute minerals plant health for free.peace Goohfy.

• Like 5

I've done 2 or 3 runs with a PK booster, and barely noticed the difference. I think as with most things you get out what you put in effort wise.

That being said seaweed extract is the bollox. During the 2022 heatwave my girls were looking stressed so I continued feeding it during flower to try and help (whoever it was on here who recommended it, you're a gent/lady) and since then I haven't stopped, till having to stop recently of course

That being said, If I get another chance to grow I might have a punt on adding PK again because the girls do get hungrier much quicker so it may serve it's true purpose

• Like 4

3 hours ago, blerie420 said:

I've done 2 or 3 runs with a PK booster, and barely noticed the difference. I think as with most things you get out what you put in effort wise.

That being said seaweed extract is the bollox. During the 2022 heatwave my girls were looking stressed so I continued feeding it during flower to try and help (whoever it was on here who recommended it, you're a gent/lady) and since then I haven't stopped, till having to stop recently of course

That being said, If I get another chance to grow I might have a punt on adding PK again because the girls do get hungrier much quicker so it may serve it's true purpose

I'm definitely looking into getting seaweed extract... I have a bottle in the shed from about 3 years ago so id say its out of date now.

Will I give it as normal on top of my bloom nute?

Do I stop a week or so before harvest?

Thanks

IrishBob97

• 4 months later...
On 07/11/2023 at 19:26, Military Grade said:

@oldleafybeard1  Yeah the difference is like night and day at the end of a grow when using a scrog net. Before at the end of grows I'd have branches hanging over needing support from the net and so on.

But at the end of grows using it (I only use it upto week 2 flower myself) when you remove the net all your branches are still in place without the need of support of the net.

One of my current grows I'm trying a little test, once the net has done its job at redirecting growth I took the net out at week 3, Main reason was to try and make it easier to hang the plant whole at the end,

and not have to worry about removing the net or having to cut individual branches.

Net removed on day 21 exactly 3 weeks flower

large.20231103_231735.jpg

It was very easy to remove still at this early stage of flower, and there was only a small casualty which was caused by my own grip.

large.20231103_213817.jpg

Obviously I can't claim this taking the net off early method will work yet, and I'm doing it on a 40x40 before trying it on my 60x60 just to test the theory. That everything will stay in place to the end.

Silica is also good at preventing the chances of some pests and bud rot.

Just try not to use too much of it and for too long into flower. :bong:

Hows this technique working out for you? Currently in week 4 and considering removing my script - it's not much fun hand watering and tending to 9 plants in a 5 x 5 under a net. I'm just not flexible enough to reach everything

• Like 1