Best flowering boosters?

IrishBob97

I use both organic and synthetic with lovely results.I personally don’t think there is a silver bullet answer to this I have friends that run harsh shit with synthetic PGR and other things good results I am not fussed about trying it though.Then I have friends that are organic boosters organic plant hormones so I say what works for you.peace Goohfy.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, IrishBob97 said:

Is there something I can add to get some extra weight and more importantly quality?

Ive just tried a freebie sample of a product called KARBO BOOST and it seems to have chunked out some cuts that i usually run. 

• Like 4

Thanks everyone, definitely will give a look into some fulvic acid, I already have H&G roots excellurator but stopped using it after 3 weeks.

I know using the scrog net is probably gona be a pain in the ass when it comes to harvest as I've heard whole plant hanging is the best way to dry.... But i figured ill just cut the net instead

Switched to bloom nutes today

IrishBob97

• Like 3

On 07/11/2023 at 0:11 AM, catweazle1 said:

How will you know if any additives are any good if you've never grown with just plain nutes? Your plants appear to be happy and asking for nothing. Train all the heads about level and that will perform better than anything you can add.

True, I definitely planned to keep it as simple as possible and do some experimenting down the line after I get to grips with even growing a full plant yet. Just was curious if there was anything that was widely tried and tested, definitely won't be buying snake oil if my normal nutrients are fine

Thanks

IrishBob97

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

I doubt you will,plants look healthy enough to get 1g/w or close to that if you keep environment and feeding on point and no light leaks.

So for 250w hps say 200g is ok,some get over g/w with leds. Seaweed is not bad advice if you want to add something

If i got 0.5g per watt id be over the moon, but I do know people take years to get the 1gpw, hopefully the 630w CMH does as good in flower as I've seen normal 600w hps do.

I'm definitely just concentrating on feeding them the optimal food I can, keeping the temps as good as possible and definitely no light leaks

Thanks

IrishBob97

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Military Grade said:

@oldleafybeard1  Yeah the difference is like night and day at the end of a grow when using a scrog net. Before at the end of grows I'd have branches hanging over needing support from the net and so on.

But at the end of grows using it (I only use it upto week 2 flower myself) when you remove the net all your branches are still in place without the need of support of the net.

One of my current grows I'm trying a little test, once the net has done its job at redirecting growth I took the net out at week 3, Main reason was to try and make it easier to hang the plant whole at the end,

and not have to worry about removing the net or having to cut individual branches.

Net removed on day 21 exactly 3 weeks flower

large.20231103_231735.jpg

It was very easy to remove still at this early stage of flower, and there was only a small casualty which was caused by my own grip.

large.20231103_213817.jpg

Obviously I can't claim this taking the net off early method will work yet, and I'm doing it on a 40x40 before trying it on my 60x60 just to test the theory. That everything will stay in place to the end.

Silica is also good at preventing the chances of some pests and bud rot.

Just try not to use too much of it and for too long into flower. :bong:

Looks real good for 3 weeks in, mines almost 10 days and can't see them looking as good as that in 11 days lol But, gotta start somewhere

(gona, just cut my scrog net)

IrishBob97

• Like 2

15 hours ago, handysmoker said:

Plants are looking good and happy, I wouldn't mess with it.

Currently, I'm 3wks into flower, and I'm using ... BioMix, Top, Grow, Fish, Bloom with the relevant quantity per litre every day and my girls seem to be very happy.  :)

Do you have a diary going mate, sounds good to me, id pull up a seat :bong:

IrishBob97

Surprised to see no mention of black strap mollases. I used to use them occasionally back int he biobizz days. I think the grow forumla has it in already, well it looks like it does anyway.

I can't recall how much I used to use, I don't think it was a lot. Yes I'm talking about the stuff you can buy from the supermarket. It contains all sorts of things cannabis likes, iron, calcium phosphorus etc

edit- just noticed we're in the inorganic section

Edited by KC
the edit
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, IrishBob97 said:

If i got 0.5g per watt id be over the moon, but I do know people take years to get the 1gpw, hopefully the 630w CMH does as good in flower as I've seen normal 600w hps do.

I'm definitely just concentrating on feeding them the optimal food I can, keeping the temps as good as possible and definitely no light leaks

Thanks

IrishBob97

0.5 is easy to achieve, I hear cmh gives nice oily bud.

As others added seaweed and molasses are good products.

• Like 3

Rather than destroy the net one thing Ive been considering is use some bull clips to secure the plants to the net and then flip the whole thing over and reattach to the tent poles and then obviously once its dried its much easier to remove and your cutting up the plant at that point anyway. I stress I havnt actualy tried this yet but I usually whip the net off week 8 ish when the plant is basically finished veg and the flowers are still small. Im actually considering just leaving the net off all together as well because the little pole attachments just constantly break on my one and flapping around with a floppy net all afternoon isnt my idea of fun. Steaking out the plants seems to do the same/similar trick for me at least.

• Like 2

Just now, oldleafybeard1 said:

Rather than destroy the net one thing Ive been considering is use some bull clips to secure the plants to the net and then flip the whole thing over and reattach to the tent poles and then obviously once its dried its much easier to remove and your cutting up the plant at that point anyway. I stress I havnt actualy tried this yet but I usually whip the net off week 8 ish when the plant is basically finished veg and the flowers are still small. Im actually considering just leaving the net off all together as well because the little pole attachments just constantly break on my one and flapping around with a floppy net all afternoon isnt my idea of fun. Steaking out the plants seems to do the same/similar trick for me at least.

Actually a really good idea that :bong:

IrishBob97

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

0.5 is easy to achieve, I hear cmh gives nice oily bud.

As others added seaweed and molasses are good products.

I'll definitely be a happy toker if i get 0.5g+ pw on my first bash... I was thinking maybe 150-200gs or something ...but they do look good

IrishBob97

• Like 3