Best flowering boosters?

IrishBob97

I'm on my first grow and switching to flowering nutes tomorrow (will only be using intense organix bloom and a little mag for my water type)... Is there something I can add to get some extra weight and more importantly quality?

Something I won't need to PH for or that will throw it off.

Day 5 of 12/12 before the 2nd scrog net

large.Compress_20231101_204736_6678.jpg

Day 8 of 12/12 after putting the net on

large.Compress_20231104_224917_7112.jpg

Thanks

IrishBob97

• Like 5

How will you know if any additives are any good if you've never grown with just plain nutes? Your plants appear to be happy and asking for nothing. Train all the heads about level and that will perform better than anything you can add.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 9

By the looks of it I don't think you will need boosters decent flowering nutes will do,when in compost I just use grow and bloom,guess that's one part nutrient your using but it should have all for flowering phase.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

How will you know if any additives are any good if you've never grown with just plain nutes? Your plants appear to be happy and asking for nothing. Train all the heads about level and that will perform better than anything you can add.

Yeah they are definitely doing good so far, just was looking to know if there's anything legit out there to give a boost or if its all snake oil

Thanks

IrishBob97

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

By the looks of it I don't think you will need boosters decent flowering nutes will do,when in compost I just use grow and bloom,guess that's one part nutrient your using but it should have all for flowering phase.

Yes, the bloom nutes are 1 part (one bottle for veg and one for flower).

Just wasn't wanting to end up with an oz of mid bud at best lol

IrishBob97

Plants are looking good and happy, I wouldn't mess with it.

Currently, I'm 3wks into flower, and I'm using ... BioMix, Top, Grow, Fish, Bloom with the relevant quantity per litre every day and my girls seem to be very happy.  :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, IrishBob97 said:

Yes, the bloom nutes are 1 part (one bottle for veg and one for flower).

Just wasn't wanting to end up with an oz of mid bud at best lol

IrishBob97

I doubt you will,plants look healthy enough to get 1g/w or close to that if you keep environment and feeding on point and no light leaks.

So for 250w hps say 200g is ok,some get over g/w with leds. Seaweed is not bad advice if you want to add something

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 4

Fulvic Acid and some root growth nutes are the only extras you really need. The Fulvic improves nute uptake at a wider pH range, the other is self explanatory.

If you like to train your plants then Silica is another handy one, it really does work like night and day.

I've been using Wideload but honestly can't say I notice any difference.

Runzyme ment to be good at breaking down decomposing matter and turn it into food for the plant and improve soil health, might be more beneficial for those who have been in the same pot for ages. But again it's something hard to judge the difference it makes.

Of course you can get away with just using grow and Bloom, but somethings do make a difference and some don't, depends on your grow styles.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 8

They look fine I wouldn’t bother using boost. Years and years wasted money on boosters etc. don’t bother wasting money on boosters or silica anymore don’t notice a difference with or without em.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

If you like to train your plants then Silica is another handy one, it really does work like night and day.

Glad you mentioned this because I was reading about silica recently for thicker stems and planning to add to my next run

• Like 4

@oldleafybeard1  Yeah the difference is like night and day at the end of a grow when using a scrog net. Before at the end of grows I'd have branches hanging over needing support from the net and so on.

But at the end of grows using it (I only use it upto week 2 flower myself) when you remove the net all your branches are still in place without the need of support of the net.

One of my current grows I'm trying a little test, once the net has done its job at redirecting growth I took the net out at week 3, Main reason was to try and make it easier to hang the plant whole at the end,

and not have to worry about removing the net or having to cut individual branches.

Net removed on day 21 exactly 3 weeks flower

large.20231103_231735.jpg

It was very easy to remove still at this early stage of flower, and there was only a small casualty which was caused by my own grip.

large.20231103_213817.jpg

Obviously I can't claim this taking the net off early method will work yet, and I'm doing it on a 40x40 before trying it on my 60x60 just to test the theory. That everything will stay in place to the end.

Silica is also good at preventing the chances of some pests and bud rot.

Just try not to use too much of it and for too long into flower. :bong:

Edited by Military Grade
added small bit of context I missed to the Theory
  • Like 5

Mills C4 has fulvic acid and vitalize for the rest 3 weeks into flowering but i uk piping it slightly every other feed does the trick.peace Goohfy.

Edited by Goohfy
Spelling
  • Like 2

Just now, Goohfy said:

Mills C4 has fulvic acid and vitalize for the rest 3 weeks into flowering but i uk piping it slightly every other feed does the trick.peace Goohfy.

That’s enough fucked spellcheck.peace out.

• Like 1

Mineral based additives are, more or less, all bollocks designed to get you chasing your tail or have been taken out of the base nutrient to get you to buy another bottle...

Biostimulant based "boosts" on the other hand, like canna boost, elixir steroids, vitalink turbo, sumo boost, advaned meta boost and pretty much all root stims, are all very good and will benefit you in one way or another positively and very easy to use.

• Like 13