Ditching the bulbs for LED's

Lemonaze#

I appreciate all your help folks, really impressed with all the knowledge here. Just as I think I'm getting to grips with the science someone throws me another curve ball, but all explained brilliantly so I get it. Much appreciated. That grow above is awesome btw, am I right in saying you tied branches down and trained them to get a nice flat canopy? 

• Like 2

@Lemonaze#, best advice I can give is to keep it simple.

Don't over complicate things, don't overfeed, and keep your temps and RH as constant as poss.

Every grow is a school day, if you know what I mean, and every geographical situation is different.

@Lemonaze#  In the early vegs stages before installing the net i top and them tie branches down just to direct the growth outwards and allow lower branchs in the space that opens up in the middle to grow. Then i put the net in and keep tucking branches in the first week or two of the flower stretch phase.

Branches being tied

large.20230419_030423.jpg

The net after first week of flower

large.20230425_041912.jpg

@Military Grade those are great results mate :)

I have a 60x60 tent too and am thinking of scrogging this time, can you remember what that netting you are using is called please? I have some plastic stuff but the holes are a bit small.

e2a

also, is that a 60c60 square saucer fitting perfectly? I might get one of them too.

Edited by Satchitananda
  • Like 1

Just now, Satchitananda said:

I have a 60x60 tent too and am thinking of scrogging this time, can you remember what that netting you are using is called please? I have some plastic stuff but the holes are a bit small.

I've used plastic coated plant support/trellis previously with either 10 x 10cm, or 15 x 15cm holes.

Cut a square slightly larger than your floor plan, then cable tie it to your horizontal tent supports.

Originally started off with chicken wire/fencing, but that was a faff.

13 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

That also means more electricity, tho saying that i also have two tents running so i can't judge lol

Lol, it does.

But, over time, with a prop tent, veg tent, and a flowering tent, you can create a conveyor belt.

And if you time it right, with an accommodating strain, you might just squeeze 4 crops a year.

3 is well doable.

More electric = more bud :wink_kiss:

Just now, Zipster said:

you might just squeeze 4 crops a year.

Or you could dry your plants in the veg space after you've moved the vegging plants into the flowering space, and push for 5/6 crops a year.... :naughty:

• Like 6

Just now, GSZZ said:

Or you could dry your plants in the veg space after you've moved the vegging plants into the flowering space, and push for 5/6 crops a year.... :naughty:

But you need the veg space for the next set of clones from your prop box, surely ?

Very happy to be corrected, it's been a while...

Always used to air dry mine in the attic, so's not to take up valuable tent space.

And I do recall that being stoned 24/7 didn't make me the most efficient human being on the planet...possibly the happiest and best slumbered though...

Just now, Zipster said:

But you need the veg space for the next set of clones from your prop box, surely ?

You chop your flowering plants, move the vegging plants into the flower space and hang your crop in the veg space. If we go on a 2 week dry, your plants in the flower tent at best (if you arent potting up or something and require a veg) 2 weeks into flower. If you've already got your cuts in the "prop box" rooted, and move them straight into your veg space after the crop has dried, thats a veg time of 7 weeks... if you don't dry in the veg space, thats a 9 week veg. Either they'd be way way too big, or you'll be trimming them back constantly - whats the point in that? All those resources gone into growing all that plant only for it to go in the bin lol

Things like planting density and genetics are the biggest factors in determining a veg time - but I'd hazard a guess that the average time to take cuts before the crops done is like 3 - 6 weeks, accounting for 2 weeks rooting time, and then between 1 week to 4 week veg time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

...and push for 5/6 crops a year.... :naughty:

I think you're doing more than just toking if you can do that, or have an army of Santa's Little Helpers ?

Suggestion for a new avatar...

large.The-Flash-DC-Comics-Lifesize-Cardboard-Cutout-available-now-at-starstills__31957.1474976928_1280.jpg

Just joshing, don't take a fence...pun intended

44 minutes ago, Satchitananda said:

e2a

also, is that a 60c60 square saucer fitting perfectly? I might get one of them too.

The net i last used was a 70x70 net and then i fed the hooks around the poles and back onto the net to keep in tight and spread.

Like so.

large.20220719_004053.jpg

Tho for the net round i've bought a 50x50 net to test, As i got a 30x30 net for my 40x40 little tent and it fits really well and is nice and tight.

The 30x30 net in a 40x40 tent, I got it from fleabay and is a vehicle storage net.

large.20231012_050437.jpglarge.20231012_050243.jpg

The tray i have at the bottom of the 60x60 tent fits but each corner has to sit one side the pole all the way round. But you could cut the top lids on the coners and make it sit the poles in perfectly.

Edited by Military Grade
Spelling
  • Like 1

Just now, GSZZ said:

You chop your flowering plants, move the vegging plants into the flower space and hang your crop in the veg space. If we go on a 2 week dry, your plants in the flower tent at best (if you arent potting up or something and require a veg) 2 weeks into flower. If you've already got your cuts in the "prop box" rooted, and move them straight into your veg space after the crop has dried, thats a veg time of 7 weeks... if you don't dry in the veg space, thats a 9 week veg. Either they'd be way way too big, or you'll be trimming them back constantly - whats the point in that? All those resources gone into growing all that plant only for it to go in the bin lol

Things like planting density and genetics are the biggest factors in determining a veg time - but I'd hazard a guess that the average time to take cuts before the crops done is like 3 - 6 weeks, accounting for 2 weeks rooting time, and then between 1 week to 4 week veg time.

Can't disagree with that, given the odd week or so.

I'd harvest, and move everything along. Prop box had numerous clones at various stages. Pick the best, then pass on the rest. Always had a range of clones, at different stages. Keeps your options open. And always kept one mother in veg for cloning. Like most plants in a good environment, the more you trimmed, the more she grew. Really should've flowered her off towards the end, but circumstances meant a quick exit from that property, so missed the opportunity. She would've been a perfect single grow.

Ho-hum, such is life.

Only time I dried in a tent was when I closed my operation down.

Holy shit my brain can't cope with the kind of things you guys are doing with 3 and 4 different tents for different growth phases, here's me still flapping about getting things right for my first grow hahaha:unsure:

• Like 2

@GSZZ This is what I struggle with, I generally take cuts way too early so I end up with a mum/little uns just sat in the room with the light on:rofl:

But I can manage 5 if I chop at week7/8, take it to 10 and it's close just for 4.

A few crops ago I started leaving cuts in the fish tank:ninja:Cloner also gets put anywhere if the tent is in use, never had any bugs/issues.

• Like 1