Ditching the bulbs for LED's

Lemonaze#

Good evening,

After a fair bit of thinking the last few days I've decided to ditch the bulbs, ballast and reflector for LED's. It's going to suit my situation much better and also the safety aspect of it ticks all the boxes really. LED tech has come on leaps and bounds I've noticed now, the full spectrum of light is far better than bulbs and just seems to make more sense now I've weighed it all up.

So, I'm looking for suggestions on LED lighting, I'll need around 600w as that's what my original set up is.

I now have a Lumii Digita digital/dimmable ballast 600w with boost, Adjust-a-wings Avenger medium with lamp holder and light spreader, Omega 600w MH and Lumii 600w sunblaster HPS that I'm not going to use. They're all brand new and boxed, not used at all.

• Like 1

large.IMG_2468.jpegYou won't be using 600w anymore that's for sure, try to think more about coverage over power. Also, they LED's will be closer to the canopy, so consider flowering over a screen for optimum efficiency. Some folks make their own lights, but I'd recommend an off the shelf unit. If you've got the cash, AC Infinity do some amazing lights, all of which work with their Controller69, which controls circulation fans/extract/lights/humidity etc so no need for timers, contacts or anything bulky. 

All controlled from an app. :yep:

Edited by Slippy One
  • Like 2

Hey there, I like the sound of that to be fair. So far I've been looking at the Lumatek Zeus Pro's, Spider Farmer and Gavita. I'll check those out as I like the sound of the controller. Thanks dude:smokin:

• Like 1

Just now, Lemonaze# said:

Hey there, I like the sound of that to be fair. So far I've been looking at the Lumatek Zeus Pro's, Spider Farmer and Gavita. I'll check those out as I like the sound of the controller. Thanks dude:smokin:

You won't  go far wrong with Lumatek. I have heard many good reports. Make sure the diodes and driver are up to par.

You can buy these really funky strips now with the eco mint lm301h Samsung chips in.

Knowing what I know now.... I would make my own lol but thats because I have too many little drivers when one big one would have run them all and I would have heatsinks I could repurpose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lux_Interior said:

are up to par.

Not sure if that was intentional but very good all the same :thumsup:

I think going led is fantastic but in your situation i'd run with what you got, I do hate waste though. Another option would be those led lights that use a digital ballast like the one you have already. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, KC said:

Not sure if that was intentional but very good all the same :thumsup:

I'm not sure what you mean by this, sorry.

It's due to safety mainly that I've decided to change plus all the other reasons that make LED so much more appealing. I know it seems wasteful but I can always sell it I guess.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zen-ken said:

You can buy these really funky strips now with the eco mint lm301h Samsung chips in.

Knowing what I know now.... I would make my own lol but thats because I have too many little drivers when one big one would have run them all and I would have heatsinks I could repurpose.

How do you mean by too many little drivers and heatsinks you'd repurpose? It's all science right now for me and I'm trying to suck up as much as I can haha. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lemonaze# said:

How do you mean by too many little drivers and heatsinks you'd repurpose? It's all science right now for me and I'm trying to suck up as much as I can haha. 

I have 6 odd separate LED drivers after buying lights one at a time....when the one driver could run them all lol 

The old scopes I brought from the site sponsor years ago....the heat sinks (after a clean) would still be very suitable for use....the diodes may have died but the rest is good to go

I want a sexy set of Samsung LM301H evo mints with a few red LM351H v3 in em 

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lemonaze# said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this, sorry.

It's due to safety mainly that I've decided to change plus all the other reasons that make LED so much more appealing. I know it seems wasteful but I can always sell it I guess.

It's a play on words ....a pun if you will ....."on par" and PAR (photosynthetic active radiation - a description of wavelengths :yep:)

lol  

• Like 2

Just now, Banarchylamp said:

@zen-kenAre they at Arrow?

Not sure what arrow is .....But I found them at a reasonable price on a German site......if you want them pre-made, invisible sun do some amazing boards......with really shite heat sinks lol at a very unreasonable price (I have had one of their boards go for 3 years now tho)

(LED-tech.de)

(invisblesunled.co.uk)

:yep:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 2

Just now, zen-ken said:

It's a play on words ....a pun if you will ....."on par" and PAR (photosynthetic active radiation - a description of wavelengths :yep:)

lol  

Aaahaaa I see, I must have had a blonde moment haha :fart: cheers

• Like 1

Just now, zen-ken said:

I have 6 odd separate LED drivers after buying lights one at a time....when the one driver could run them all lol 

The old scopes I brought from the site sponsor years ago....the heat sinks (after a clean) would still be very suitable for use....the diodes may have died but the rest is good to go

I want a sexy set of Samsung LM301H evo mints with a few red LM351H v3 in em 

Right I'm with you now, I'm kinda piecing all the technology in LED's together as I go right now but thanks for explaining dude 

• Like 1

Migro do a nice set of LED's and it's what the majority of my  room is decked out in.....check them in the site sponsors section.

I even still have the original V1 vegging unit thats an absolute beast of a thing lol 

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 2