DWC Vs RH?

Chal

8 hours ago, Chal said:

What does one Do with / about ones Dew Point?

You avoid it.

You want the moisture in the air,

not condensed on the walls etc :yep:

If you find your environment approaching Dew Point then you’d take measures to to move away,

by either adding heat or using a dehumidifier :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gaijin said:

Was I what? :innocent:     I didn't do it :wassnnme: 

Hah!!! Swear to god, I literally just walked in the door ~ from that stables shed ~ and was putting the kettle on. As I'm doing that, I'm thinking this, swear to fucking christ!

" That 'Gaijin'; Come to think of it? That's what the Japanese call a foreigner. But, what if he's turned it round? Maybe he's a Japanese in a foreign country, so is calling himself  'Foreigner', to the bemusement of those who don't know the story (Fuck me! I so nearly said " Slant "!!!) behind it! "

Wander in to glance at my email and here ye are! :DHave ye spent time in Japan? I'd fucking Do time, if ever I went there! Banged up for outraging public decency by drooling over so many absolutely stunning girls! (I'm crazy about Japanese girls! :wub:)

• Like 1

Meanwhile ..... Kitchen, yesterday, was reading 55F / 85% RH. Shed, last night - this morning - gave me 51F / 99 RH. Now, kitchen's at 55 / 95. Interesting. Door wide open, of course. So, it's gotta be closer to outdoors.

Yet, More interestingly, This room ~ door open to the kitchen ~ is bang on 61F! Even allowing for wanky, cheap meters, that's an unacceptable margin. Remember? I tested All my meters, side by side. They just don't Do that level of variance. I can only put it down to the heated water and Dogs bodies giving off heat, in here. Still amazing though.

Which leads me back to @Shumroom, and his: " either adding heat or using a dehumidifier ", to counter this sort of state.

At risk of this becoming an even more twisting and turning thread than it long since seems to have become?! That pleases me! It gives me hope. Because, at the end of the day, all hands seem to point toward me being locked in a battle with the Cold. Cold is making my RH rocket. Cold ~ at these levels ~ is Not what plants will want.

Warmth ~ within controlled reason, of course ~ could, potentially, crack the whole damn thing for me! Couldn't it?

I harboured this obsession, see? 'The Jungle'. Never been in one, as an old mate who most certainly had once quietly pointed out to me. But, that's another story. I always equated High Humidity with jungles! Hot and wet (Yes, thank you, Robin Williams).

Sitting here now? Head's just about reaching explosion point. So, I won't torture myself with trying to figure out the difference. Why a bloody jungle ~ so thick with vegetation ye can't see a yard in front of ye, and Hot ~ has a massive RH. And so does my Cold shed, without so much as a leaf in it!

That's it. Quite enough, for this burst. My point is though ~ and here we spice it up a little bit with the teaser that I intend to use a Two Foot tent in there! My thinking / Greatest Hope! is along the lines that it'd be easier ~ almost certainly a Lot cheaper?! To run a Heater, in there. In the tent. Rather than a Dehu?

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Our plants like it warm rather than cold :) 

Heat mats on the bottom of a grow space are an ideal way of keeping pots nice and warm Eg 23C,

they can also contribute to heating the tent/cupboard etc,

but additional heat from tube heaters or oil radiators to keep the environment comfortable during lights off and nice 'n warm during lights on.

Humidity is usually only an issue when starting seeds as we want around 85% RH,

also the second half of blooming when buds become susceptible to mould.

Environment,

ths is the complicated part of growing :yep:

Once you get the environment right it's pretty easy to keep them(our plants) happy :D 

Atb

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chal said:

Hah!!! Swear to god, I literally just walked in the door ~ from that stables shed ~ and was putting the kettle on. As I'm doing that, I'm thinking this, swear to fucking christ!

" That 'Gaijin'; Come to think of it? That's what the Japanese call a foreigner. But, what if he's turned it round? Maybe he's a Japanese in a foreign country, so is calling himself  'Foreigner', to the bemusement of those who don't know the story (Fuck me! I so nearly said " Slant "!!!) behind it! "

Wander in to glance at my email and here ye are! :DHave ye spent time in Japan? I'd fucking Do time, if ever I went there! Banged up for outraging public decency by drooling over so many absolutely stunning girls! (I'm crazy about Japanese girls! :wub:)

I spent one night in Tokyo on a layover between Sydney and London, back in 1999 :D 

But you are right about the name. I'm half Scottish, half Australian and I've lived in the UK, Australia and the US, so I don't sound like I'm from anywhere. My accent is pure mongrel lol Hence Gaijin 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Humidity is usually only an issue when starting seeds as we want around 85% RH,

also the second half of blooming when buds become susceptible to mould.

Heat mats, and so on, I have ;) Got some seeds too. Not certain what they'll be up to by now, though. Bought them and have had them on a shelf in a Not so cold room. (No fridge here) Not that hot in there though, either. I'll go ahead and see what happens, comes the time.

It's the buds bit that makes me most nervous, still. What is it? 50% RH they like? Err. I'll have to see what I can do, there! Maybe that'll be something I can dry test run? Get my (DWC) bucket of water in my tent / shed. Throw all the gear in there. Switch everything on and see how low I can get that RH.

S'pose an alternative / fall back could be forking out for a DeHu. Then, with any luck, only Needing it for the flowering?

Thinking about the horrendous electric, see? I don't mind chucking my entire pension at a piece of kit that enable me to grow, at all. That's a 'one off'. What I Don't fancy is getting saddled with massive bills, effectively stripping me of anything I have left, for the rest of my days :!:

Anyway; I've been mulling over how this thread's going. Going to rat shit is where it's going! :D I mean, for a thread under Hydro. Don't ye think this meandering ramblence would be better shifted over to Environment? I know I'd feel more comfortable, banging around the points I'm raising, there.

Mod's ....?

Edited by Chal

1 hour ago, Gaijin said:

My accent is pure mongrel lol

Bloody accents! I spent my entire life quite content that My accent was that of my home town. Why wouldn't it be?

I even watched video of a bloke from there, some years after I'd left. His accent was ridiculous! I thought; 'Bloody fraudster! That accent's nothing Near right! Mine's a proper, home town accent! And it's nothing like Yours!'

Then, quite by chance, I made a brief clip of myself. Talking perfectly normally. I wanted to show a mate. I then showed the same clip to another mate: Native of 'Noo Joyzee'. And, practically by return email, he flashed back;

'Oh, yes! The accent ye mentioned as heavily influencing 'yours' is very noticeable, isn't it. As is the, quite strong, West Country twang.'

I'm like; WTF?! West Country?!? (This guy's mad on steam engines. He's for ever popping over for the Dorset rally. He'd know!) And that's when my world came crashing down! As I replayed that clip. " Richaaard " I'm saying! Christ, yes! Broad Darrset!

And the penny dropped! My mothers side travelled between Brighton and Poole. My Dads lot were full on Darrset! I must've grown up, fed on a constant diet of Mostly 'West Country Twang'. Never once occurred to me. And no bugger ever mentioned it ~ till my Made Man heard me.

You 'n me could Really wreck some heads together, eh? :cheers:

I wouldn’t stress about it :yep:

But I f you feel the thread would be better suited to another section,

you can just use the ‘report post’ button on your initial post asking that it be moved :) 

Or you can tag a moderator for example,

@Cursed or @lildaveham are usually more than happy to help out :hug:

As for cost to run a grow,

it’s cheaper than buying it and it’s usually better quality than what’s available ;) 

Atb

• Like 1

Well, I guess that's them Mod's tagged then? Yeah. I would prefer it under Environment. Leaves me much freer then, to bounce around this whole issue of cracking the primary environment.

Regards costs, vs buying finished product? Not a subject to delve too deeply into, here. Suffice to say I can no longer buy, where I am. Seems I upset the local king pin. Now, I'm black listed. As soon as anyone realises who I am? That's It! Turn their back on me completely.

Last laugh'll be mine though! Comes the time? They'll be twitching their way through the usual droughts. I'll be sitting here :oldtoker: Fuck 'em!

I Want that controller though! AC Pro one? £180? Fuck, yeah!!! Then, just borrow a twelve year old to set it all up for me! :ermm:

Heat ! Yeah. Been looking for time to think about this. More so, now that I've learned heat is good! It won't be sending my already sky high RH's stratospheric. Good!

Paused to check the price on an electric radiator I passed, in town, the other day. Not bad. I hear the oil filled ones are too punishing at the door? Big though! Remember, see; I'm talking a 2x2' tent. Fucking great, square bucket in the bottom. There goes the floor space!

Northern Lights Auto, on top. Five foot high tent. LED and fan, up there. Christ! I'm thinking it'll have to be a tube. Don't you? Strap it to a pole?

Oh, FFS!!! Ninja puppy's just snuck off with Paper! (Never a good thing, is it?) Turns out the little bastards were eating my Notes!!! Thank god I've almost done with that particular prompt sheet then.

But, yeah; I've noticed small, 'Ceramic Heaters', in my peripheral. They worth digging into, ye reckon? Do Tubes work alright, vertically, do ye know? That's a thought.

And, I think that's about enough thinking, for me, for today. I now have a deadline ~ this weekend ~ to wrap up my other project. That just happens to have cost me a random £180, this evening too! Oh well. Controller gets the next one.

I could do a 'Floyd; Take a photo of all the gear I've paid out for and amassed here already! Make quite a scary picture! I'd probably shit myself, if I put price tags on it all! :D

Never mind. Firm hand on the tiller. Steely gaze toward the horizon. Fuck 'em!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chal said:

Well, I guess that's them Mod's tagged then? Yeah. I would prefer it under Environment

Taaa daaaa :yep:

• Like 2

Are heat mats something that’s compatible with DWC?

Or is it more practical to use a water heater to keep that steady?

Atb

• Like 2