DWC Vs RH?

Chal

Alright, Ken? :D Was just eating my pie there. Aggravating, cos I saw ye post and had to sit here, hands occupied and staring at the screen!

Ye reckon Not inside? Bum. Okay, well, I think we could perhaps use Another 'Dehu's' thread, really. Ye reckon? I know I have a shit ton of questions about them.

I did a search on them here, originally. That was before I registered though. I never really realised I was (I think?) only seeing like tasters of the threads. Dunno. Nothing I saw quite hit the mark though. I ploughed through a whole load of chat too.

Why'd ye think that then, please? I  have no strong opinions on it myself, of course. Never gave humidity, let alone dehu's any thought in my life ~ till I heard it can fuck up a grow, big time! Soon got me sitting up straight then!

Frankly, mate? I'm wary of Anything getting away with us, here. I mean, let's face it; I haven't even got a machine yet. Yet, here we are discussing where to put it. I know that's a bit of a strict view. Obviously, shit like where it's to go could effect my choice of machine.

I'm just painfully aware that I still have so much to sort out ~ and buy! ~ I just don't want to get too much ahead of myself. I mean; Fuck 'Bovida' bags, just yet :D Know what I mean? All in due course.

No. I did see the guy who fronts the 'Migrow' (Is it?) vid's, he had one in a tent. He seems pretty well received around here. I even actually tried to find a way of approaching him and asking him about his one. Couldn't find my way past the business front though. Moved on.

So; What's ye reasoning, please? My take ~ and it's purely armchair theorising, of course. Spiced with a little of what I've caught on the net ~ is that, simply:

I figured a machine In the tent would be working to dehu the tent. Put one Outside? Then, it's trying to dehu all of fucking Ireland, if not the world, before That gets Into the tent.

I liken this to the rats, in the hedge bank outside my gate here. People say; " Urgh! I saw a Rat, on the track, right outside ye gate! Why don't ye kill it? " And my answer is simple: The rats outside my gate are just that. They're out there. I'm in here. They come under that gate and my Dogs will fucking destroy them, instantly. (It happens)

I ask the person: Ye think I should spend time and effort, going after the rats who happen to live, quite naturally, in the bank outside my gate? And, that bank is over a hundred yards long. Should I go after All the rats, in All the bank? What about the bank where it turns the corner? How far do I go, killing these rats? Into town?!

And that's how I see the machines job. Bit like my Dogs. It comes in? It's fair game. It stays the fuck out there? It's not bothering me. That's my simple thought process behind having the machine inside the gate.

Why do ye reckon Outside, please?

And, pre empting ye a bit there, maybe? But, I've been rolling other notions around my head. Insulation, for one thing. Not precisely a RH related issue, per se, maybe. Just that the tent's stood out there, in my kitchen, as we speak. All encased in dense foam insulation boards.

That was my 'retain the heat in a brassic room' period. I did that, pretty much, just to check if I had enough material on hand.

Another idea I have / had was to build a little room Within the room. Reasoning, see, that the Shed ~ which is to be my Lung Room ~ is Damn cold. Thus creating 99%+ RH. See, now, what a battle the dehu would have, trying to suck That dry? And doing so right next to a tent. Tent which I'll be paying to keep warm inside. Thus keeping down the RH in there Anyway :mellow:

See? This is the sort of shit that I dwell on, Ken. My search for answers could make Alveric seem like a lightweight! LOL! (Have ye noticed, this place lacks a simple 'LOL' emoti? It's either ' :D '  or ' :rofl: '. Nothing in between)

Anyway, there we go. An opener for a real good chewing over of at least One question about dehu's. As Lector said: " In? Or out? "

One bit of good news anyway, Kenny Baby; My new chickens are due to arrive, Sunday afternoon! That means I must get up. Get down there. And get that muvva fukka Finished! (Their box 'n pen, that is. What I've been working on so long now) :yep:

That'll leave me clear to lick my financial wounds till the end of the month. Then, my pension cometh. And the electricity board taketh away!!! Then I can wait till the pain passes, Again ~ before seriously eyeballing that rather lovely Controller! :smug:

This is how I roll, see? Dig. Find out what'll help. Buy it. Go bust.  Put it aside. Dig ... And, right now? I'm digging on this dehu.

But: First ~ before I splash out on one? I can't help thinking that we haven't even proven, yet, that I'll Need one! Now I'll have free time again; Maybe I should think about actually putting the tent in the shed. Put the Light on and a bucket of water in there?

But, Then I think; 'Yeah, But: I'll only be seeing what That does. What difference to That might my new Controller make ....?

" I used to be a bastard for procrastinating. Now ....? " :wallbash:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chal said:

One bit of good news anyway, Kenny Baby; My new chickens are due to arrive, Sunday afternoon! That means I must get up. Get down there. And get that muvva fukka Finished! (Their box 'n pen, that is. What I've been working on so long now) :yep:

Love chucks.....what breed you got ?

• Like 1

You 'set' the air before it hits the tent or risk creating an unbalanced environment inside the tent imho.....

If you look around you can get dehumidifiers that you can connect to the intake.....therefore not taking up precious growing space.

If you heat the air before it hits the tent the RH% will drop like a stone anyway 

:yep:

11 hours ago, zen-ken said:

Love chucks.....what breed you got ?

They're here, mate! Modern English Game!!! 'Partridge' ones. Absolutely mind bending! :D

To be honest? I've barely even seen them myself, just yet. Literally got them out of the box and put them in a cage, in less than bright light. Aching like shit, right now. Sort something out tomorrow. My shoulders are killing me! Netflix 'n Bed!

Thanks for the new chart. I'll add that to my folder of such things and examine it later.

@Shumroom Thanks for that, mate! :yep:  When I have my shit back together, I'll rejoin all this and will ask if he's weigh in. Or, should I kick off a Dehu thread? What ye reckon?

• Like 1

It’s totally up to you :) 

Start a new “dehumidifier” thread if you feel it will help keep things in their place :thumsup:

Atb

:yinyang:

5 minutes ago, Goohfy said:

I would just get a pot of compost a light bulb with ballast maybe 250-400 plant food   120 watt heat tube and grow.peace

And there we have it! This whole forum is a sham. Why are people making Thousands of posts about growing gear, when all we Really need is a pot of compost, light bulb and tube?

There's even a whole industry of snake oil sellers out there. They're making a healthy living out of selling tents, ph meters and god knows. I've been duped! :sadwalk:

• Like 1

Just trying to make it easier for your first grow brother only because there’s a lot of gear out there just try to keep it simple but if you’re up to it and you probably are then go for it either way good look .peace Goohfy.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2023 at 5:56 AM, Shumroom said:

You can speak to Shane from Migro here :)  Just tag @MIGRO :yep:

@MIGRO Hyah. Please don't trouble yeself with all the chatter above. Dehu's inside tents came up. I mentioned I'd seen You using one that way. This would have been on a vid' ye put up in the last month or so, I'd think? So, ye should remember what ye were up to ~ and thought of it?

What's your take on it, please? Just as a random person I happen to know has done it that way. Most voices here, thus far, seem to say 'Outside, blowing dried air In.'

• Like 1

:ermm: Fukker hasn't been seen since 31st August.

Dehu's continue to be topical, look. I'm not the only one battling them, in my head. Decisions, decisions: Is it worth me starting a thread for them? :mmmmmmm:

Tube Heaters, anyone? Whilst we're still bouncing around all over the place; I've been seeing Tube's, in peoples pictures. Must admit, they all look Very similar ~ like, yeah, I know they Do all look like tubes! :D But, I'm wondering about wattages.

No experience with these things. Do we Always lay them low? Do we ever strap them to an upright? I'm trying to gauge what to try for a 2x tent. 5 high?

4 hours ago, Chal said:

Dehu's continue to be topical, look. I'm not the only one battling them, in my head. Decisions, decisions: Is it worth me starting a thread for them? :mmmmmmm:

Tube Heaters, anyone? Whilst we're still bouncing around all over the place; I've been seeing Tube's, in peoples pictures. Must admit, they all look Very similar ~ like, yeah, I know they Do all look like tubes! :D But, I'm wondering about wattages.

No experience with these things. Do we Always lay them low? Do we ever strap them to an upright? I'm trying to gauge what to try for a 2x tent. 5 high?

4 hours ago, Chal said:

I be just added a digital 120 watt heater from elixir garden supplies think I paid £18 ish would have to look though.So two tubes one one full the other on half lights off 21 so should do the trick once it gets colder.peace Goohfy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chal said:

4 hours ago, Chal said:

I would just start a grow then tweak it as you go or you will just spend your time on here which isn’t such a bad thing but nothing beats growing plants to learn.I am sure you’ve read all the beginners guides so will have a good idea go for it the thing with any plant is they want to live so if your set up isn’t the same as Rick Simpson or so what you will get there just remember you don’t have to buy expensive shit to grow plants brother.peace Goohfy.

• Like 1