Fast strains?

David Attenborough

@David Attenborough     I hear you all too well mate :yep:       I got rather peeved with the stalling and i couldnt convince them to stop it ... even sweet talking didnt work lol 

I do seem to bash the fv's but i do respect the breeders trying to make them work , the effort taken to make them and the time via the selection process ,  i simply have not found a consistent one so far , not consistent enough to earn a spot in the garden on a regular.  

I believe in time ,  lets face it autos have come on a lot over the years and believe the fv's will too.   

Yours are looking pretty impressive mate and wish you all the best in persuading them to pick the pace up again :yep:  

Thanks for confirming my thoughts and assuring me i wasnt imagining it lol    

All the best with it mate

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The only way I have found that removed the stalling it to breed the fast version using a bud on stick 3g- auto as the mother. As this doesn't produce a lot of seed its not practical to do this unless its to keep a personal mother plant. You do find decent ones for indoor in regular only auto x photo fast versions but not as much with lots of inconsistent smaller plants. That what I have found anyway over the year's. :hippy:

• Like 2

Not tried these f1 things but every auto I have tried has been shit compared to proper strains, complete waste of electricity. Try Purple punch og from sweet seeds if you want a fast flowerer, all phenos I've had so far have been ready bang on 8 weeks. If you need strong weed to cut through high tolerance then autos are not it, not reliably anyway, maybe you will get the odd potent one but is that worth paying hundreds in energy bills for when you can't even replicate if it turns out smashing?

Im speaking purely from my experience, I'm sure some people have good results but id honestly not bother growing anything with any sort of auto in it, not for me, id rather put a clone straight into 12/12 would be ready in the same amount of time and you know exactly what you are spending your Energy bill on, growing isn't cheap these days.

3 hours ago, MySoulIsMine said:

Not tried these f1 things but every auto I have tried has been shit compared to proper strains, complete waste of electricity. Try Purple punch og from sweet seeds if you want a fast flowerer, all phenos I've had so far have been ready bang on 8 weeks. If you need strong weed to cut through high tolerance then autos are not it, not reliably anyway, maybe you will get the odd potent one but is that worth paying hundreds in energy bills for when you can't even replicate if it turns out smashing?

Im speaking purely from my experience, I'm sure some people have good results but id honestly not bother growing anything with any sort of auto in it, not for me, id rather put a clone straight into 12/12 would be ready in the same amount of time and you know exactly what you are spending your Energy bill on, growing isn't cheap these days.

All 8 weeks hey & good weed. Never grow a sativa then? 12/12 flowering time 8 weeks every time to. WOW! Maybe I need my autograph book out here i am not worthy of your superior knolage & skills :blushing:

What I can say, in my limited experience of one season growing them outdoors, is that fast versions can be very useful at more northerly latitudes.

I grew a few different FVs and EVs this year. One was almost as fast as a "slow" auto, taking around 140 days from seed to harvest. Most FVs took a little longer, finishing in late September or early October. EVs started flowering later than the FVs, but flowered for a shorter time, finishing October. By contrast, quite a few full photoperiod plants are still out there, weeks away from finishing.

So where I am in the north, if growing outdoors, unless you want to be harvesting in mid-November then fast versions and early versions make a lot of sense. However there are full photoperiod strains that finish a bit earlier, mostly indica leaning but some sativa based hybrids too.

• Like 1