Fast strains?

David Attenborough

3 hours ago, OldFord said:

Also Add to the mix ... pheno variation will play out :yep:    

Beat me to it

indeed I’m sure you could potentially find more tasty Pheno's amongst a pack 

I even read the sweet seeds dude in the sweet seeds breeders section suggesting to find a good mother for clones 

of course this is obvs for all strains but when your in a situation working with strains that might be a bit lacking on the the smell flavour or whatever, indeed would defo help innnt 

last year all my Tropicana Poison Fv’s I grew out were clones. And this year I grew the strain again all from seed with quite a bit of variance. To the point that I kinda wished I kept that original clone going as was a good one. In fact being one of the non red coloured phenos which I actually prefer than the advertised one which is red. They say 80% are red if I recall but I didn’t find that…. But yea much prefer the non red one… don’t have loads of Terps or smell but dripping in thc crystals

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KC said:

I just took a normal sugar black rose down at 62 days lol

Fv my arse 

Haha I’ve got a sugar black rose ‘fast’ in veg now indoor .. just took cuts from it.. I was a freebie.. @OldFord seems to like the sugar black rose… but will it be as tasty as the full non ‘fast’ version ? I got nothing to compare to… I doubt it will though if the sweet seeds ones are anything to judge by 

Also got an 11 roses ‘fast’ too but ain’t popped it. Still working with the normal version. 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Black Shadow said:

The only drawback is that I can taste the difference between them and the fv has that auto twang 

Ah well there’s my answer to that 

3 hours ago, greenvigilante said:

prove me wrong? i had a green poison fv for around 22 months and a killer kush for around the 18 months

i get that some do auto as ive seen it on here but ive never had it happen out of loads of plants

When I grew them indoors i never found any of the sweet seeds fv to auto. Yes they fine as cuts and mothers etc. I did the same.

From my limited knowledge the first round of seed offspring of semi auto ‘fast’ ‘F1’s’ will all grow photoperiod sensitive (may not be correct term but I mean onset and triggering of flowering will be effected by taking down the number of hours of light I.e not auto) … That cross being made by crossing an auto with a photoperiod. But then if you were to carry on crossing two of the ‘F1’ offspring together to make ‘F2’s’. You can then expect 1/4 of the offspring to auto. I think if you carry on like that til ‘F4’ they will all be auto …. But non should be autos

from the first crossings at ‘F1’ they will all be semi-autos or ‘Fast’ versions 

(and when I say cross with an auto I specifically mean an auto that carries the ‘lowryder’ genetic as there seems to be a rare few autos out there that don’t have this gene that won’t cause this phenomenon to happen.)

@brock1 can come spank my ass if I got that wrong .. but I think I’m getting there with it 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1

Just now, Black Shadow said:

OK What is it?

Just finished work. gotta go deal with rot before it gets dark 

will read over and get back to you later ..as forgot the context

ta

Edited by Erbman T

20 hours ago, Erbman T said:

I’ve got a sugar black rose ‘fast’ in veg now indoor .. just took cuts from it.. I was a freebie.. @OldFord seems to like the sugar black rose… but will it be as tasty as the full non ‘fast’ version ? I got nothing to compare to…

@Black Shadow

ok stuck in traffic . What I meant was was you kinda answered my question I think. Were you saying the fast version of SBR is not as tasty as the full due to the auto in there ?

I thought Ruderalis having its own taste was a Myth?

Wouldn't it be like saying it tastes like a Indica even tho Indica comes in all types of Terpenes:g:

Probably just because the original was crossed with another strain rather than it solely being down to being an auto.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Wouldn't it be like saying it tastes like a Indica even tho Indica comes in all types of Terpenes:g:

Probably just because the original was crossed with another strain rather than it solely being down to being an auto.

dont know about ruderallis having its own taste but having grown some of the FV and its "normal" version there is sometimes a taste difference.  sometimes better sometimes the same 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Erbman T said:

@Black Shadow

ok stuck in traffic . What I meant was was you kinda answered my question I think. Were you saying the fast version of SBR is not as tasty as the full due to the auto in there ?

Yes, took the edge right off 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

You need to educate your palate if you can’t tell the difference 

46 minutes ago, Black Shadow said:

You need to educate your palate if you can’t tell the difference 

I didn't say there wasn't a difference, I also gave the most likely reason as to why there is a difference.

Crossing a strain with another strain is gonna create more pheno variations than the original.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with what @Erbman T and @OldFord are saying in fv versions having a place in the outdoor pursuit of sungrown dank, but I would always run both because if the original will go over the line or are indoors terps are what we are after right :skin_up: will run more fv sweet seeds after seeing some of the efforts from fellow guerrillas as they cannot be ignored but indoors 11 weeks all the way for stig!!

• Like 3

On 10/1/2023 at 3:46 PM, OldFord said:

The biggest headache and unattractive trait i found with the majority of numerous breeders fv's is the stuttering and stalling .... they seem to get going then do feck all then get moving again.

Poss a trait under outdoor non ideal conditions ??    I honestly can t say. 

As @Erbman T states ,  i find the terp profile to be quite off the mark as opposed to the fem namesake.

As i said earlier in the thread ,  run what you fancy , place your money where you wish and show us all how you get on :yep:

I got some real frowned up bits i want to play with next year .... first hand is the only true fact finder :yep:

And as all our Grooms & outdoor micro climates are diff  ,  what works for one may not for another :george:      Grow wah tyou fancy

I have noticed this, they grow like hell then just stop, mine have been sat almost 2 weeks in the doldrums with no wind in their sails. Ive tried everything to try and give them a push , I dunno, people say plants like music, I might try that. Still , with an estimated 25 days left there is a lot of scraggly buds that need to start showing promise else I might have to shove a rocket up their arse.large.652d546d777de_WP_20231016_15_13_07_Pro-Copy.jpg

I took some cuts before flipping them as a back up if anything went pear shaped, the cuts havent audo'd yet but they are growing like they have purpose.

• Like 5