Light levels for different stages

Gaijin

without co2, as a rule of thumb, 400 ppfd max in veg and 800 ppfd max in flower. Theres wiggle room in that too.

I didn't think phone apps/lux meters were any good as lux isn't the whole of the par spectrum so any conversion is incomplete?

• Like 2

Just now, GSZZ said:

I didn't think phone apps/lux meters were any good as lux isn't the whole of the par spectrum so any conversion is incomplete?

I don't think phone sensors are repeatable but the LUX meters seemed to correlate pretty well when the person in the video compared them to a proper PAR meter.

Just now, GSZZ said:

as a rule of thumb, 400 ppfd max in veg and 800 ppfd max in flower.

You physic mate?

I was just looking at my grow, pondering what's the best umols for flower and you pop up with the info first thread out the box.

Currently they're on around 600, three weeks into 12/12 on Saturday...I am assuming ppfd and umols are one and the same?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, latigid aikon said:

Is that right? I can't watch the video right now but that sounds very high?

It is! It’s normally 200-400 for seedlings but in that video he says he starts his seedlings at 1,000. I suppose you need to work out if the extra electric is worth the extra yield you get, not sure if he supplements with CO2 at the same time or not. I was surprised when he said 1,000 but he reckons they can take it.

• Like 2

Just now, Woozy said:

It is! It’s normally 200-400 for seedlings but in that video he says he starts his seedlings at 1,000.

OK I assume this is related to what @DreamCatchermentioned?

22 minutes ago, DreamCatcher said:

On another note, during the podcast with Shane from MIGRO, Dr. Bugbee mentions that in order for the plants to manage higher intensities, they need to be started in higher intensities.

I'll try to watch the video later when I have some time.

• Like 2

Just now, Woozy said:

not sure if he supplements with CO2 at the same time or not

I dont recall him mentioning CO2 when he was talking about this..

You can speed up the video x1.5 and it gets a bit faster :P 

Edited by DreamCatcher
  • Like 1

Just now, Fatboy77 said:

I know my flower tent is touching 950ppf in the middle, no co2, no stress.

Mine was at about 1000 in the centre for my last grow. It was fine until the weather got hotter, I eventually bottled it at about 31-32c and turned my extraction up another notch. That did nothing for the temperature but it did lower the humidity and this seemed to cause some bleaching under the brightest part of the lamps output. I suspect if I'd held my nerve and left the fan alone it would have been ok...

Since then I've re-configured my LED so I am getting about 800 everywhere from edge to edge so hopefully they'll be no bleaching this run.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Smokey McBongface said:

Def this @mikeydoughnut 

If you try the CB or the Psycho x @Gaijin you’ll be even more confused mate, really is an eye opener as what is doable depending on the stock.

I've gone blank. CB? 

I do have some subbies that include the name psychosister psychobadger and psycho animal stomper ...... are you saying these would tend to like a bit more light than the norm? 

I best get my arse in gear and go see what mine are getting

Thanks for all the replies folks :) 

51 minutes ago, Smokey McBongface said:

CB

Chelatoblaster perchance? They veg like fuck. Those and the skunk x widow are fantastic. 

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking that if the centre is getting say 800ppfd but the outer edges are 500-600ppfd, when you average out the ppfd across the plant they aren’t actually getting 800ppfd

my last grow I just let the plants grow into the light from the late veg level of 550ppfd, when stretch was over the tips were getting 1000ppfd (according to the Photone app) in the centre and they were happy 

got a little bleaching in the last few weeks but dropped the light back a bit and everything was golden 

Edited by cypo74

Cheeseburger :doh: I knew it, but couldn't find it in my brain :D 

Yes, I've got some Donny Burgers and some Cheeseburgers tyvm :)  Probably should run them together, I guess 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamCatcher said:

Ive been berated on reddit for using that app. Allegedly it only works on iPhones..

Reddit is the home of spreading bull shit misinformation, terrible place.

I used the app on android A71 and it was out by 1%

• Like 1