Photoperiods vers autoflower for outdoors

Celtic voyager

In my experience photos are much hardier than autos for rot resistance.

The colder less humid months of September October are much better in late flower than the very humid months of July and August for autos.

Plus a whole lot bigger 

Real gorilla seeds are amazing in a windy spot. 

• Like 4

Just now, Idicanna jones said:

large.DSC_2072_copy_1500x2000_1.jpg

Chopped mine yesterday but left a few bottoms. Zero mould again this year not bad when you consider they are only breed for mould resistance on the SHD side of the gene pool. 

• Like 6

@brock1

Going from what I'm reading here on the topic, I think I'll go with mostly photos for next seasons outdoors run.

Could you recommend any hardy indica/sativa strains, leaning more heavily towards the indica 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Celtic voyager said:

@brock1

Going from what I'm reading here on the topic, I think I'll go with mostly photos for next seasons outdoors run.

Could you recommend any hardy indica/sativa strains, leaning more heavily towards the indica 

I would go with a UK breeder @Amarillo slim slim as some nice UK breed stuff i the site store section here http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/store/category/8-alfemco/

@panik Real Guerilla seeds will also have some.

I believe that @Crow River is doing a repro on some old Welsh heirlooms soon to.

Keep a eye on the subbie list at the end of the season. That when your going to find outdoor growers putting outdoor seeds up most. 

Theirs a strain guide in this section that will give you a rough guide as to what works here in the UK. Its pinned called Outdoor UK strains. 

Sorry I am not much more help as I have a extensive seed collection of outdoor photoperiod strains that have good mould resistant but in low numbers. Most are discontinued or worked so trying to find them wouldn't be easy or guaranteed to get mould resistant seeds. Hopefully I can got some of these reproduced over winter for outdoor growers to enjoy next season or atleast some solid fast versions that will finish pretty much to perfect in our dodgy weather. :hippy:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, brock1 said:

I would go against all that from my experiencewith auto's. In a nut shell tighter buds increased the chances of mould. Yes you can get a few early auto's to finish before the weather gets bad. Ask these people what auto they have with zero mould after this last 3 weeks of rain because it won't be no Hindu Kush ect. Go with a sativa hybrid if you want mould resistance. Just a little tip for people who breed auto's here. If you inbreed they revert to a indica type anyway if your using a lowryder as a precursor for the auto mutation. :bong:

I was thinking along those lines, single, open buds dotted on the stem individually with sativa leaf structure to maximise exposed surface area for drying and reduced confined spaces, keeping internal humidity down. Also willowy-bendy branches like Nepalese and Malawi for wind resistance.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

Just now, catweazle1 said:

I was thinking along those lines, single, open buds dotted on the stem individually with sativa leaf structure to maximise exposed surface area for drying and reduced confined spaces, keeping internal humidity down.

If it going to be tight buds your need good internode spaces or a bloody freakishly dry year. Personally when it comes to breeding I tend to go with tight buds on sativas structured plants & looser on indica type plant's as a prefrontal. It goes against everything that you told about indica & sativa but it works for me :hippy:

• Like 3

Brock. Experience will beat theory just about every time. You are trying to adapt a plant that is not its natural habit, except maybe the pure ruderalis types

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 2

I think both autos and photos have their place in GG.

With autos though i have found its not only about mould resistance its about the timing.

And the main problem being mother nature she is pissed at us mere mortals. lollol  just stop oil. lollol

I planted my autos 2 weeks earlier this season thinking i would harvest in sunshine nope mamma nature said fuck that have the wettest july on record fuckin bitch.

• Like 7

My second season growing autos in my garden.

I love them , especially for stealth. 

I've lost a bit to rot this season as others have but that's the gamble in our crap climate in the UK.

@Celtic voyager I like a good Indica too. I've got a couple of Sweet Seeds S.A.D. in early flower , they might be worth a look for you.

large.64c64e87697ad_IMG20230730121605_copy_1353x18001.jpglarge.64c64e7836dbc_IMG20230730121549_copy_1353x18001.jpg

Edited by CustardVape
  • Like 5

@CustardVape

She's on the list, as well as cream caramel. 

Also, Hindu kush,  papaya kush, PCK, afghani and panama x deep chunk. 

I have most of these in the fridge, so I might as well use them.

• Like 1

Just now, Celtic voyager said:

@CustardVape

She's on the list, as well as cream caramel. 

Also, Hindu kush,  papaya kush, PCK, afghani and panama x deep chunk. 

I have most of these in the fridge, so I might as well use them.

I grew Cream Caramel auto last year. She was quite stealthy and produced some lovely end product. That's her in my avatar. Well worth it :)

Edited by CustardVape
  • Like 2

Maff , purple freeze,.mighty freeze, fast zkittles, mighty gold all bullet proof for me 

Edited by Madmacca
  • Like 5

Been an awful year, got away with a few lucky autos early but definitely put out both to get the results imho

cheers stig 

• Like 2