Photoperiods vers autoflower for outdoors

Celtic voyager

@Idicanna jones

By all accounts, from the more knowledgeable members on here, that seems to be the way to go.

I'll just have to pick the best indica/kush photo  strains for the outdoors. 

So far, I got 

Afghani 

Hindu kush 

PCK

and papaya kush for the photo run.

But that could/probably will change a bit between now and then.

Edited by Celtic voyager
  • Like 1

Thankfully, I ain't one of them. But in my very limited experience, I'll go as early as I dare with the autos.... pop the photos late may and away we go..... At least with an early auto run, they'll flower as the weather improves... Last year I could've run 4 lots in the garden. This year? barely 1

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

Biddy Early from Serious Seeds might be worth a punt. It was bred for the Dutch climate. it's in fem and regs.

Haven't heard that one mentioned in quite awhile I have a pack of these from back before Gerrit got out and worked some sort of deal with Simon from Serious I need to see if they are still viable

• Like 1

Just now, bfehillbilly said:

Haven't heard that one mentioned in quite awhile I have a pack of these from back before Gerrit got out and worked some sort of deal with Simon from Serious I need to see if they are still viable

I've got the fem and reg versions in the freezer should I wish to venture outside one year.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Celtic voyager said:

@Lux_Interior

The one I got, came from aldi, £25 on sale, 

Small and tidy, does the job.

Is that a placcy zip up jobby? I love mine, but, I would love a walk in glass one more though.

• Like 2

Just now, Lux_Interior said:

Is that a placcy zip up jobby? I love mine, but, I would love a walk in glass one more though.

Yes

That's the one

It's ideal for what I want, just to get a few plants started and going.

Couldn't go wrong for £25

• Like 2

Just now, Idicanna jones said:

Thankfully, I ain't one of them. But in my very limited experience, I'll go as early as I dare with the autos.... pop the photos late may and away we go..... At least with an early auto run, they'll flower as the weather improves... Last year I could've run 4 lots in the garden. This year? barely 1

From what your achieving in the small pots in your garden, your very knowledgeable

Your plants are a credit to you.

• Like 1

Just now, Celtic voyager said:

Sorry

I don't know what you mean lol

When your mind makes decisions ... before ... you ... maybe?

• Like 1

Maybe some crossed wires here. My theory goes that if the early autos survive the shit weather early doors.... They'll enjoy the warmer temps as they flower. Whereas this summer.... The temps have been ok but it's pissed it down and now I'm worried that they'll rot.... Hence my reason for chucking them out early. My photos are doing really well all things considered 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Celtic voyager said:

Thanks brock1

I'm still weighing up what to do, still plenty of time, this is all for next year 

What's going for the autos at the moment is, their quick growing, flowering and finishing.

The way the weather has been this year, they would be easier to manage  

here in holland....im pretty sure 90 % of autos everywhere rotted away due to rain the last 6 weeks...and more to come till end of the week....

so....what it say....well...nothing....next year they can be harvest 100%... :) 

so dont put your eggs in 1 basket... :) 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, bfehillbilly said:

I would grow both as seen on here a lot of folks with autos out are chopping early or loosing whole plants to rot me included if that's all I planted my jars would remain empty  throw in some photos and up your odds for a good harvest in the fall 

I can honestly say this doesn't happen if you buy seeds breed to finish in a the area your growing. This applies to photoperiod & auto. Yes even Danish strain mould badly in certain parts of the UK. I haven't lost a single auto plant to rot in around 8yr that I have breed locally. If your buying Spanish grown auto your going to get mould that's just common sense. :bong: if you cant buy locally breed auto's but multiple lines from different breeder's & expect looses until you find out what works in your environment not their's. 

Edited by brock1
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, Celtic voyager said:

@Idicanna jones

By all accounts, from the more knowledgeable members on here, that seems to be the way to go.

I'll just have to pick the best indica/kush photo  strains for the outdoors. 

So far, I got 

Afghani 

Hindu kush 

PCK

and papaya kush for the photo run.

But that could/probably will change a bit between now and then.

I would go against all that from my experiencewith auto's. In a nut shell tighter buds increased the chances of mould. Yes you can get a few early auto's to finish before the weather gets bad. Ask these people what auto they have with zero mould after this last 3 weeks of rain because it won't be no Hindu Kush ect. Go with a sativa hybrid if you want mould resistance. Just a little tip for people who breed auto's here. If you inbreed they revert to a indica type anyway if your using a lowryder as a precursor for the auto mutation. :bong:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 5