Photoperiods vers autoflower for outdoors

Celtic voyager

Afternoon all 

As the title says, which overall would be the better option of growing outdoors in our climate, if you had to choose 

I mostly grow indica/kush strains/types, Hindu kush, afghani ect ect, but these are photos, but I found auto versions of them today on the Web.

Are the autos versions just as good as the photos ??

The strains I'm looking at are, Hindu kush, afghani#1, master kush and purple bud.

All autos..

Has anyone tried these outdoors. 

• Like 1

Honestly both. I grow auto's in amongst photoperiod. As I harvest the auto's the photodiode strains full up the space. You can get 2 pretty nice harvest this way :bong:

• Like 10

Thanks brock1

I'm still weighing up what to do, still plenty of time, this is all for next year 

What's going for the autos at the moment is, their quick growing, flowering and finishing.

The way the weather has been this year, they would be easier to manage  

• Like 1

This year, I have grown an auto flower outside for the first time in the UK at Latitude 52°. I also grew a few regular females but the auto is doing best IMHO.

large.36667136-23eb-4052-9c59-243007ed0e58.jpg

I got the plants outside in May as soon as possible and the weather allowed.

In the UK go with Indica strains, they have a short flowering period and withstand the cooler temperatures (Kush Mountains). Afghani #1 sounds good.

Edited by Lux_Interior
Mo info
  • Like 5

@Lux_Interior

Lovely looking plant.

I've got a couple of Hindu kush photos on the go at the moment.

They won't be ready till end of September early October, but their taking a beating at the moment weather wise.

That's the reason I'm looking towards auto versions, start them early, late April, early May, finished by August. 

• Like 1

Yep! If your intending going outside in April or May in the UK you want to be planting seeds or taking cutting at Christmas. Auto seeds maybe a little later

Edited by Lux_Interior
grammar
  • Like 2

Just now, Celtic voyager said:

@Lux_Interior

I'll start them off indoors at the end of April, greenhouse till mid/late May, then outside till they finish.

That sounds like a sensible plan. I'd love a greenhouse.

• Like 1

I would grow both as seen on here a lot of folks with autos out are chopping early or loosing whole plants to rot me included if that's all I planted my jars would remain empty  throw in some photos and up your odds for a good harvest in the fall 

• Like 7

@bfehillbilly

That's another good option 

That's what iv be doing, my reasoning, right or wrong, was, if I was to run just autos only. I'd get the out and finished early, before the autumn/winter weather set in.

At the moment I'm only weighing up/ trying to plan out different options. 

• Like 1

Biddy Early from Serious Seeds might be worth a punt. It was bred for the Dutch climate. it's in fem and regs.

• Like 3

I'm with @bfehillbillyon this one. This year has been awful but I still got my early autos over the line. Shitting it over the later autos. Photos don't seem to give a shit tbh

• Like 3

@catweazle1

I looked that up

Named after a old irish herbalist, accused of witchcraft, from the west of Ireland, my neck of the wood, I should definitely give it a go lol

• Like 2